• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Colorado

Da Boyz Mom said:
ilovethecats said:
Yes. And then you like to "organize" stuff and move things all over and then yell at us poor husbands when we ask where something is...... :cry:

:lol: I never yell. I just sigh and roll my eyes because usually the thing that he's looking for is right in front of his face.

For sure. :eek:

Sand Diego might not have been a fit for numerous reasons. The next job - who knows.San Diego was the perfect opportunity. When Bobby chose to leave he was the Associate Head Coach and Special Teams Coach and knew nearly everyone on staff, had helped recruit most of the players and was more than familiar with the incredible lifestyle available in San Diego.
It was all right there, along with the huge payday. Turned it down. You all can speculate all you want and I will be happy to eat crow if he moves along but I don’t believe that will happen.
The far more likely scenario of Bobby returning to the FBS ranks is leading the Griz through the transition up to the FBS.
I’ve been a naysayer for, well, forever. But I believe it’s time. And the route is clear, although the name Snow Belt Conference won’t fly with the California schools or possibly New Mexico. Andrew Schmidt has it right. Call it what you want but it’s time for the northern tier FCS heavyweights to move up together enmasse. Start with a core of schools with 15,000+ capacity stadiums - NDSU, SDSU, Northern Iowa, MSU, UM, Idaho and Weber- and put those AD’s to work adding others, perhaps, Sac State, UCD, Cal-Poly, maybe even current FBS schools such as New Mexico, Boise or Wyoming could be recruited. A new conference of 8 or 10 or even 12 schools could be the way up for our Grizzlies and who better to lead the charge than a coach who loves his team, his university and his town, and he’s already been there before. .
If we wait, it’ll be too late. Make the move and do it together with a new TV contract and far-better non-conference games with even bigger payouts. Our facilities are up to par. It’s time. And Bobby will get that big paycheck.

Who would allow, approve or sponsor such a conference? A new FBS conference can't just be created, can it?

While there may be many loyal fans in those schools, where are the tv markets? What tv network would pay a bunch of money for those schools and their fans?

How many other FBS schools are going to want to come to play in stadiums that hold 15,000?

Boise St. would never come to that conference. They are bigger time and looking to move up higher.

If we wait? Huh? No one is calling us or asking us.

How many new FBS conferences have been created out of thin air?

Wouldn't this be a move down for Wyoming?

mthoopsfan said:
Who would allow, approve or sponsor such a conference? A new FBS conference can't just be created, can it?

While there may be many loyal fans in those schools, where are the tv markets? What tv network would pay a bunch of money for those schools and their fans?

How many other FBS schools are going to want to come to play in stadiums that hold 15,000?

Boise St. would never come to that conference. They are bigger time and looking to move up higher.

If we wait? Huh? No one is calling us or asking us.

How many new FBS conferences have been created out of thin air?

Wouldn't this be a move down for Wyoming?
All legit questions worthy of discussion. Post your q’s on the other thread addressing the “Snow Belt Conference” idea and hopefully we can get some answers and ideas.

Copper Griz said:
AKGriz72 said:
Nebraska as well. Would be willing to bet NDSU’s coach is gone at the end of the season.

You might be correct. Worried a certain Big Sky conference coach may also explore options.

I think the sting of last time will keep him around...

Back