• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

horribilisfan8184 said:
Since last November I have told everyone who asked that because of my infection I am covid-19 immune for life. Scolded that the CDC said we don't know beyond 4 months, I said I will go with the known immunology science of lifetime immunity (now the science study results), not the political hacks. What we really don't know is how long vaccine immunity lasts, but the political hacks not only tell me I need the vaccine, vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity. Yeah, right.

What's also unknown is how many of us natural immunes there are running around, because so many of the infected showed no symptoms. If this weekend showed anything it is that the country has reached saturation on the disease and is doing what they want, much to the chagrin of one particular party. Oh how they hate the non-obedient.

I am ready to pack shoulder to shoulder in the north end zone, high five anyone and everyone on each score, including the cupped hand yellers and two finger whistlers,, and share tugs off contraband bottles of belly fire! I will promise not to rub the shoulders or sniff the hair of 11 year old girls, boys or trans of either or tell them they look 19. Somebody else claimed that first. Go Griz!

You are truly horrible! :lol:

horribilisfan8184 said:
Since last November I have told everyone who asked that because of my infection I am covid-19 immune for life. Scolded that the CDC said we don't know beyond 4 months, I said I will go with the known immunology science of lifetime immunity (now the science study results), not the political hacks. What we really don't know is how long vaccine immunity lasts, but the political hacks not only tell me I need the vaccine, vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity. Yeah, right.

What's also unknown is how many of us natural immunes there are running around, because so many of the infected showed no symptoms. If this weekend showed anything it is that the country has reached saturation on the disease and is doing what they want, much to the chagrin of one particular party. Oh how they hate the non-obedient.

I am ready to pack shoulder to shoulder in the north end zone, high five anyone and everyone on each score, including the cupped hand yellers and two finger whistlers,, and share tugs off contraband bottles of belly fire! I will promise not to rub the shoulders or sniff the hair of 11 year old girls, boys or trans of either or tell them they look 19. Somebody else claimed that first. Go Griz!

as a scientist who used a lot of immunology-based tools in research, and taught parts of the subject, i agree. i had this same discussion this morning with a woman who had covid, but now is concerned she won't be allowed on flights because she doesn't feel the need to get vaccinated. isn't the actual viral agent the best vaccine, so to speak? people who have had covid should be allowed to do everything a vaccinated person can do. re-infection is very rare, if it has really occurred at all, and not been the product of faulty testing (which has happened a lot). infection after vaccination, on the other hand, has occurred. who was leading the covid thing, unfettered nowadays? oh yeah, fauci. i lean left, and all that, but i also know his type from working at high levels in science for a long time. he needed to go a long time ago, as do a lot of the heads of nih institutions, including the top guy, francis collins. they are just more politicians.

argh! said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

as a scientist who used a lot of immunology-based tools in research, and taught parts of the subject, i agree. i had this same discussion this morning with a woman who had covid, but now is concerned she won't be allowed on flights because she doesn't feel the need to get vaccinated. isn't the actual viral agent the best vaccine, so to speak? people who have had covid should be allowed to do everything a vaccinated person can do. re-infection is very rare, if it has really occurred at all, and not been the product of faulty testing (which has happened a lot). infection after vaccination, on the other hand, has occurred. who was leading the covid thing, unfettered nowadays? oh yeah, fauci. i lean left, and all that, but i also know his type from working at high levels in science for a long time. he needed to go a long time ago, as do a lot of the heads of nih institutions, including the top guy, francis collins. they are just more politicians.

Ah yes. That feeling you get when you win the skins and validate on the next hole.

horribilisfan8184 said:
I will promise not to rub the shoulders or sniff the hair of 11 year old girls, boys or trans of either or tell them they look 19. Somebody else claimed that first. Go Griz!
Just today, Biden is at it again. :lol:
BTW, I burned my fucking masks today!

"All the WHO’s Dictators

Taiwan is excluded while Syria and Belarus get leadership positions."

"President Biden rejoined the World Health Organization as one of his first official acts, and his Administration has vowed to “strengthen and reform” it. That effort isn’t going well, as last week’s World Health Assembly shows.

The annual WHO confab started badly as China succeeded in blocking Taiwan’s participation—and embarrassing the U.S. in the process. The island democracy, which hoped to participate as an observer, has one of the world’s best records combatting Covid-19 and could spread its lessons to the world."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/all-the-whos-dictators-11622586882?mod=hp_opin_pos_2

"Jobs lost to the pandemic will take years to return, a labor organization says.

The pandemic has wiped out 144 million jobs across the globe, leading to deepening social inequalities, the International Labor Organization said."

"Global employment will take years to return to prepandemic levels, the United Nations’ labor organization said on Wednesday in a report that urged governments to build social protection systems to avoid the destabilizing effects of deepening economic and social inequality.

The pandemic wiped out around 144 million jobs last year, including a projected 30 million new jobs that would have been created, the International Labor Organization said in its assessment of employment and social trends.

The hit on labor markets in terms of jobs, and in terms of the effect on people’s incomes, has been four times greater than the financial crisis,” Guy Ryder, the organization’s director general, said in an interview.

The organization expects to see significant growth in employment starting in the second half of 2021, but “this will be uneven and not enough to repair the damage caused by the crisis,” Mr. Ryder said.

Overall, the global economy is unlikely to restore those lost jobs until at least by 2023, and that will depend on progress in curbing the spread of the coronavirus, a prospect now overshadowed by its resurgence in Asia and parts of Latin America.

Rich countries, with access to vaccines and the financial resources to support wage-support plans, will recover faster. The United States is likely to face unemployment of around 5.1 percent this year, the report said, dropping to around 3.9 percent in 2022, a level marginally lower than at the start of the pandemic.

But around the world, some 205 million people will still be unemployed in 2022, up from 187 million before the pandemic started, the organization said, most of them in lower income and poor countries. “This unequal recovery risks accentuating still further inequalities in the world of work between countries and within countries,” Mr. Ryder said.

The pandemic has had a “dramatic” social impact, disproportionately hitting employment of women and youth; reversing progress in reducing forced and child labor, and sharply driving up the number of working people still trapped in poverty, Mr. Ryder said.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/06/02/business/economy-stock-market-news#pandemic-jobs-global-employment

PlayerRep said:
"Jobs lost to the pandemic will take years to return, a labor organization says.

The pandemic has wiped out 144 million jobs across the globe, leading to deepening social inequalities, the International Labor Organization said."

"Global employment will take years to return to prepandemic levels, the United Nations’ labor organization said on Wednesday in a report that urged governments to build social protection systems to avoid the destabilizing effects of deepening economic and social inequality.

The pandemic wiped out around 144 million jobs last year, including a projected 30 million new jobs that would have been created, the International Labor Organization said in its assessment of employment and social trends.

The hit on labor markets in terms of jobs, and in terms of the effect on people’s incomes, has been four times greater than the financial crisis,” Guy Ryder, the organization’s director general, said in an interview.

The organization expects to see significant growth in employment starting in the second half of 2021, but “this will be uneven and not enough to repair the damage caused by the crisis,” Mr. Ryder said.

Overall, the global economy is unlikely to restore those lost jobs until at least by 2023, and that will depend on progress in curbing the spread of the coronavirus, a prospect now overshadowed by its resurgence in Asia and parts of Latin America.

Rich countries, with access to vaccines and the financial resources to support wage-support plans, will recover faster. The United States is likely to face unemployment of around 5.1 percent this year, the report said, dropping to around 3.9 percent in 2022, a level marginally lower than at the start of the pandemic.

But around the world, some 205 million people will still be unemployed in 2022, up from 187 million before the pandemic started, the organization said, most of them in lower income and poor countries. “This unequal recovery risks accentuating still further inequalities in the world of work between countries and within countries,” Mr. Ryder said.

The pandemic has had a “dramatic” social impact, disproportionately hitting employment of women and youth; reversing progress in reducing forced and child labor, and sharply driving up the number of working people still trapped in poverty, Mr. Ryder said.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/06/02/business/economy-stock-market-news#pandemic-jobs-global-employment

the pandemic certainly seems to have helped widen divides between the wealthy and others, both in terms of people and countries. i have friends in china who lost a lot from their shutdown, and one who had the double whammy of taking a big hit, business-wise, and being pregnant at the start of the pandemic. now she has two kids to raise, loss of a large amount of income from her business taking a big hit, and big hospital bills, as healthcare in china, regardless of the bogus propaganda, is very expensive, and she had a complicated pregnancy. she said previously that the government has given little to no help to small businesses, and she's losing hair because of the stress. i imagine a lot of americans are in the same boat, or worse, because most of our politicians can't seem to see beyond their own wallets. also, poorer countries are now being hit hard, and having to choose whether to buy vaccine from the ccp, getting a few "donations" from them that come with strings attached, or wait for the u.s. and other rich countries to donate vaccine to them. i wish johnson and johnson hadn't had it's issues, as that would've been the best vaccine to donate world-wide.

PlayerRep said:

all part of the grand plan to heighten government dependency of the masses.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Who’s grand plan are you referring to? Do you believe the pandemic was an event planned by the new world order or the deep state? Thanks interested in where you get your information on this

AZGrizFan said:

and then the 'revolutionaries' who offer a different solution wind up being even worse, as power starts to corrupt them. we have all seen it.

Jesse said:
AZGrizFan said:
Who’s grand plan are you referring to? Do you believe the pandemic was an event planned by the new world order or the deep state? Thanks interested in where you get your information on this

Could you please stay out of this thread? You wreck so many threads with your political stuff. Go the Politics section with the your blatant political stuff. Thx.

"The unseen covid-19 risk for unvaccinated people

With the adjustment for vaccination, the national death rate is roughly the same as it was two months ago, while the adjusted rates in several states show the pandemic is spreading as fast among the unvaccinated as it did during the winter surge."

"The adjusted rates in several states show the pandemic is spreading as fast among the unvaccinated as it did during the winter surge. Maine, Colorado, Rhode Island and Washington state all have covid-19 case spikes among the unvaccinated, with adjusted rates about double the adjusted national rate. The adjusted rates of Wyoming, West Virginia, Oregon, Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania are slightly lower than the highest states.

Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia have adjusted rates below the national average. In the region, however, lower vaccination rates in the Black community have concentrated cases there to an extraordinary degree. Before vaccines, Black people were about one third of new covid-19 patients in Maryland and half in D.C.. In the latest data, Black people are just under half of the new cases in Maryland and more than 80 percent in DC."

Read in The Washington Post: https://apple.news/AxyIwJaUDR06P6pG8hT-J_g

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:

Could you please stay out of this thread? You wreck so many threads with your political stuff. Go the Politics section with the your blatant political stuff. Thx.
So Az brings up a conspiracy theory regarding the pandemic and you want me to keep political stuff out of this thread? Lol

Ps. Az if you are so inclined to respond to my query then post it on the political board or else we could get band bringing politics into this thread and wrecking it. Thanks in advance for your consideration. I’m really interested in hearing another side of the issue.

Well, actually, the title of this thread, and any replies, have nothing to do with Griz Football and the FCS. The 'Not Politics' part would seem to be an invitation to the mods to move this to the Locker Room forum.

You're welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. It's not as entertaining, but we CAN all get along. :thumb:

Jesse said:
PlayerRep said:
So Az brings up a conspiracy theory regarding the pandemic and you want me to keep political stuff out of this thread? Lol

Ps. Az if you are so inclined to respond to my query then post it on the political board or else we could get band bringing politics into this thread and wrecking it. Thanks in advance for your consideration. I’m really interested in hearing another side of the issue.

I don’t think it’s a singular grand plan. I think EVERY government’s end objective is more and bigger government, and what better way to control the masses than make them government-dependent on their very existence? It’s really not that complicated....and before you claim it’s a right wing conspiracy, I’ll add that I believe it to NOT be party-dependent.

tourist said:
Well, actually, the title of this thread, and any replies, have nothing to do with Griz Football and the FCS. The 'Not Politics' part would seem to be an invitation to the mods to move this to the Locker Room forum.

You're welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. It's not as entertaining, but we CAN all get along. :thumb:

No, the title means that people like Jesse, and perhaps you too, should keep you F-ing Politics out of this thread, so that information, in this time of covid, can be exchanged. Jesse ruins almost every thread he posts in on the main board.

Jesse said:
PlayerRep said:

Stop whining and quit posting in this thread. AZ is a good poster. He doesn't wreck threads. You do. Please get the F out of here.

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:

and then the 'revolutionaries' who offer a different solution wind up being even worse, as power starts to corrupt them. we have all seen it.
Yep, we’ve all see it. It’s ok. I liked American Hustle better.
AggressiveIllegalIrukandjijellyfish-max-1mb.gif

PlayerRep said:
"The unseen covid-19 risk for unvaccinated people

With the adjustment for vaccination, the national death rate is roughly the same as it was two months ago, while the adjusted rates in several states show the pandemic is spreading as fast among the unvaccinated as it did during the winter surge."

"The adjusted rates in several states show the pandemic is spreading as fast among the unvaccinated as it did during the winter surge. Maine, Colorado, Rhode Island and Washington state all have covid-19 case spikes among the unvaccinated, with adjusted rates about double the adjusted national rate. The adjusted rates of Wyoming, West Virginia, Oregon, Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania are slightly lower than the highest states.

Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia have adjusted rates below the national average. In the region, however, lower vaccination rates in the Black community have concentrated cases there to an extraordinary degree. Before vaccines, Black people were about one third of new covid-19 patients in Maryland and half in D.C.. In the latest data, Black people are just under half of the new cases in Maryland and more than 80 percent in DC."

Read in The Washington Post: https://apple.news/AxyIwJaUDR06P6pG8hT-J_g
I don’t know what to read; I couldn’t find the bold

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:

Stop whining and quit posting in this thread. AZ is a good poster. He doesn't wreck threads. You do. Please get the F out of here.

I believe you just tried to cancel culture me on the same post twice, thats kinda like double dipping. You dipped once when you responded to my Post (which was directed at Az and not you) and then you dipped again when you responded to my same post with more about my same post. Yes a double dip on my same post. PR, that is really frowned on by universal posting etiquette. There’s no rule or policy per se against it, but well, it’s just not done, it makes one appear petty to call attention again to something (in this example my post to Az), that doesn’t deserve more attention. Try and remember the one post and one response rule and you won’t make the same faux pas. Thanks have a good evening

Back