• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

Hot 50-ish (think NoDak 30-ish) secretary with fake bombs at my old firm notified some of us that she is “vaxxed, waxed, and ready to party.” Society is healing.

Jesse said:
PlayerRep said:
Stop whining and quit posting in this thread. AZ is a good poster. He doesn't wreck threads. You do. Please get the F out of here.

I believe you just tried to cancel culture me on the same post twice, thats kinda like double dipping. You dipped once when you responded to my Post (which was directed at Az and not you) and then you dipped again when you responded to my same post with more about my same post. Yes a double dip on my same post. PR, that is really frowned on by universal posting etiquette. There’s no rule or policy per se against it, but well, it’s just not done, it makes one appear petty to call attention again to something (in this example my post to Az), that doesn’t deserve more attention. Try and remember the one post and one response rule and you won’t make the same faux pas. Thanks have a good evening

Nope. Learn to read. You are truly an idiot. Learn to pay your bets too.

CDAGRIZ said:
Hot 50-ish (think NoDak 30-ish) secretary with fake bombs at my old firm notified some of us that she is “vaxxed, waxed, and ready to party.” Society is healing.

That’s just disgusting! That’s someone’s mom.

Please PM me her contact info, I’ll take care of this, Boys.

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:
I believe you just tried to cancel culture me on the same post twice, thats kinda like double dipping. You dipped once when you responded to my Post (which was directed at Az and not you) and then you dipped again when you responded to my same post with more about my same post. Yes a double dip on my same post. PR, that is really frowned on by universal posting etiquette. There’s no rule or policy per se against it, but well, it’s just not done, it makes one appear petty to call attention again to something (in this example my post to Az), that doesn’t deserve more attention. Try and remember the one post and one response rule and you won’t make the same faux pas. Thanks have a good evening

I read quite well thank you. But what’s with the constant childish name calling, that’s not very neighborly. I don’t really want to rehash how a bet works again do you. But I guess you still haven’t learned, so listen just remember when you throw out a bet and the other guy takes it, then that’s the bet see? Once the bet is accepted you don’t get a do over to make the terms better for yourself. It like golf no mulligans, get it? Easy-peasy. Have a good nite thanks

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

BTW, agreed society is healing. The local gal that does my Brazilian is booked until early August. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I’ll do it, but let me just warn you, she told me once, “I’ve been around long enough to know what goes where.” As a summer associate many moons ago, I stupidly assumed she was talking about filing. She has a way with words, that one.

argh! said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Since last November I have told everyone who asked that because of my infection I am covid-19 immune for life. Scolded that the CDC said we don't know beyond 4 months, I said I will go with the known immunology science of lifetime immunity (now the science study results), not the political hacks. What we really don't know is how long vaccine immunity lasts, but the political hacks not only tell me I need the vaccine, vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity. Yeah, right.

What's also unknown is how many of us natural immunes there are running around, because so many of the infected showed no symptoms. If this weekend showed anything it is that the country has reached saturation on the disease and is doing what they want, much to the chagrin of one particular party. Oh how they hate the non-obedient.

I am ready to pack shoulder to shoulder in the north end zone, high five anyone and everyone on each score, including the cupped hand yellers and two finger whistlers,, and share tugs off contraband bottles of belly fire! I will promise not to rub the shoulders or sniff the hair of 11 year old girls, boys or trans of either or tell them they look 19. Somebody else claimed that first. Go Griz!

as a scientist who used a lot of immunology-based tools in research, and taught parts of the subject, i agree. i had this same discussion this morning with a woman who had covid, but now is concerned she won't be allowed on flights because she doesn't feel the need to get vaccinated. isn't the actual viral agent the best vaccine, so to speak? people who have had covid should be allowed to do everything a vaccinated person can do. re-infection is very rare, if it has really occurred at all, and not been the product of faulty testing (which has happened a lot). infection after vaccination, on the other hand, has occurred. who was leading the covid thing, unfettered nowadays? oh yeah, fauci. i lean left, and all that, but i also know his type from working at high levels in science for a long time. he needed to go a long time ago, as do a lot of the heads of nih institutions, including the top guy, francis collins. they are just more politicians.

I'm still shocked that the powers that be keep acting like mRNA vaccine immunity is anywhere close to naturally recovered immunity.

When you face a variant, do you want your body to only have the S protein to work with, or do you want the whole virus?

PhxGriz said:
argh! said:
as a scientist who used a lot of immunology-based tools in research, and taught parts of the subject, i agree. i had this same discussion this morning with a woman who had covid, but now is concerned she won't be allowed on flights because she doesn't feel the need to get vaccinated. isn't the actual viral agent the best vaccine, so to speak? people who have had covid should be allowed to do everything a vaccinated person can do. re-infection is very rare, if it has really occurred at all, and not been the product of faulty testing (which has happened a lot). infection after vaccination, on the other hand, has occurared. who was leading the covid thing, unfettered nowadays? oh yeah, fauci. i lean left, and all that, but i also know his type from working at high levels in science for a long time. he needed to go a long time ago, as do a lot of the heads of nih institutions, including the top guy, francis collins. they are just more politicians.

I'm still shocked that the powers that be keep acting like mRNA vaccine immunity is anywhere close to naturally recovered immunity.

When you face a variant, do you want your body to only have the S protein to work with, or do you want the whole virus?

These immunity concepts are well known and taught in academia and all branches of medical fields, yet politicians get away with spouting nonsense because the masses are not generally knowledgeable. But if you ask your doctor they will tell you these things while rolling their eyes at the BS. Mine told me, when my symptoms subsided, from a covid standpoint I was the safest person in the county to hug.

The blame here lies with the media first in swallowing the crap from the politicians, and ignoring, then suppressing, then attacking anyone who tries to correct the narrative with the truth. And pity to a professional who does spout the truth, the narrative mob comes after their licenses and livelihood. These are dark times for truth, dark, dark times. History has seen power hungry propaganda spewers masquerading as "fact checkers" in the past. In reproductive terms, its where world wars come from..

horribilisfan8184 said:
PhxGriz said:

These immunity concepts are well known and taught in academia and all branches of medical fields, yet politicians get away with spouting nonsense because the masses are not generally knowledgeable. But if you ask your doctor they will tell you these things while rolling their eyes at the BS. Mine told me, when my symptoms subsided, from a covid standpoint I was the safest person in the county to hug.

The blame here lies with the media first in swallowing the crap from the politicians, and ignoring, then suppressing, then attacking anyone who tries to correct the narrative with the truth. And pity to a professional who does spout the truth, the narrative mob comes after their licenses and livelihood. These are dark times for truth, dark, dark times. History has seen power hungry propaganda spewers masquerading as "fact checkers" in the past. In reproductive terms, its where world wars come from..
Well said.

Jesse said:
PlayerRep said:
I read quite well thank you. But what’s with the constant childish name calling, that’s not very neighborly. I don’t really want to rehash how a bet works again do you. But I guess you still haven’t learned, so listen just remember when you throw out a bet and the other guy takes it, then that’s the bet see? Once the bet is accepted you don’t get a do over to make the terms better for yourself. It like golf no mulligans, get it? Easy-peasy. Have a good nite thanks

Jesse, here was the bet.

This is exactly what I said. Did you accept this bet or not?

Jesse: "The article also says the reporter was "hospitalized".

PR said: "He wasn't hospitalized. He went to the ER for a bumped elbow, and left the ER almost immediately. I'm happy to be you $100 that he wasn't hospitalized, and I know I can prove with a newspaper article. Put up or shut up on that bet, Jesse/Dutch"

You/Jesse also said that a NY Times backed up the Wiki on hospitalization. Can you produce that NY Times article? I know you can't, because the linked NY Times article doesn't say that. Here's link to the NY Times article I found: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/p ... Position=1

So, Jesse, you were wrong twice.

Bozeman Chronicle article saying the reporter left after being checked by the ER at Bozeman Hospital:

1. "Jacobs was evaluated in an ambulance at the scene and taken to Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital, according to the Hyalite Fire Department.

Jacobs left the hospital at approximately 7:25 p.m. in a sheriff’s vehicle. He was wearing a sling around his arm. He refused to comment on the incident."

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/n ... 48923.html

Two later posts from Chester Griz:

1. "As a retired Hospital CEO, I can tell you that the gentleman was not "hospitalized". Hospitalized in the industry means admitted for inpatient treatment. At the very least, it would mean "admitted" for observation where the patient is being observed for specific issues in order to determine if the patient can be safely sent home or needs to be admitted for inpatient treatment. It is my understanding that neither of these things happened. Since that is the case, he was not "hospitalized"."

2. "Sorry to break it to you but Hospitals count Emergency Room Visits and Hospital Inpatient admissions. There is no event called an Emergency Room Admission. You can have a patient admitted to the Hospital as an inpatient from the Emergency Room but he is not admitted to the emergency room. He visits the emergency room. There are many free standing emergency rooms in the US that are not attached to a hospital. Thousands of people visit those emergency rooms every year without even entering a hospital campus."

Jesse, in the other thread, not one person has said you won the bet.

PhxGriz said:
argh! said:
as a scientist who used a lot of immunology-based tools in research, and taught parts of the subject, i agree. i had this same discussion this morning with a woman who had covid, but now is concerned she won't be allowed on flights because she doesn't feel the need to get vaccinated. isn't the actual viral agent the best vaccine, so to speak? people who have had covid should be allowed to do everything a vaccinated person can do. re-infection is very rare, if it has really occurred at all, and not been the product of faulty testing (which has happened a lot). infection after vaccination, on the other hand, has occurred. who was leading the covid thing, unfettered nowadays? oh yeah, fauci. i lean left, and all that, but i also know his type from working at high levels in science for a long time. he needed to go a long time ago, as do a lot of the heads of nih institutions, including the top guy, francis collins. they are just more politicians.

"In data released Thursday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that at least 5,800 people had fallen ill or tested positive for the coronavirus two weeks or more after they completed both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.

A total of about 78 million Americans are now fully vaccinated."

[As of mid-April (date of this stat), the mRNA vaccines have proven to be very effective.]

https://khn.org/news/article/the-shock-and-reality-of-catching-covid-after-being-vaccinated/

"As of May 24, 2021, more than 130 million people in the United States had been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. During the same time, CDC received reports from 47 U.S. states and territories of [3454] vaccine breakthrough cases in patients who were hospitalized or died.

[Those numbers are incredibly good.]

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

horribilisfan8184 said:
PhxGriz said:

The blame here lies with the media first in swallowing the crap from the LEFT WINGNUT politicians, and ignoring, then suppressing, then attacking anyone who tries to correct the narrative with the truth. And pity to a professional who does spout the truth, the narrative mob comes after their licenses and livelihood. These are dark times for truth, dark, dark times. History has seen power hungry propaganda spewers masquerading as "fact checkers" in the past. In reproductive terms, its where world wars come from..

FIFY.

"The Lab-Leak Theory: Inside the Fight to Uncover COVID-19’s Origins

Throughout 2020, the notion that the novel coronavirus leaked from a lab was off-limits. Those who dared to push for transparency say toxic politics and hidden agendas kept us in the dark."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

AZGrizFan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

The blame here lies with the media first in swallowing the crap from the LEFT WINGNUT politicians, and ignoring, then suppressing, then attacking anyone who tries to correct the narrative with the truth. And pity to a professional who does spout the truth, the narrative mob comes after their licenses and livelihood. These are dark times for truth, dark, dark times. History has seen power hungry propaganda spewers masquerading as "fact checkers" in the past. In reproductive terms, its where world wars come from..

FIFY.
:thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

I’ll do it, but let me just warn you, she told me once, “I’ve been around long enough to know what goes where.” As a summer associate many moons ago, I stupidly assumed she was talking about filing. She has a way with words, that one.

Ha, so small world. It turns out she’s my second cousin, Renee. Kind of wishing I hadn’t led off with a dic pic now.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ha, so small world. It turns out she’s my second cousin, Renee. Kind of wishing I hadn’t led off with a dic pic now.

Oh, so you've met. Don't sweat it. Always lead with putting your best leg forward.

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:

"In data released Thursday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that at least 5,800 people had fallen ill or tested positive for the coronavirus two weeks or more after they completed both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.

[As of mid-April (date of this stat), the mRNA vaccines have proven to be very effective.]

https://khn.org/news/article/the-shock-and-reality-of-catching-covid-after-being-vaccinated/

"As of May 24, 2021, more than 130 million people in the United States had been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. During the same time, CDC received reports from 47 U.S. states and territories of [3454] vaccine breakthrough cases in patients who were hospitalized or died.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

I'm not saying the vaccines were poor, simply that natural immunity is better. The process of natural immunity gives you many more epitopes to work with.

In regards to those that tested positive after vaccination, I would like to see the cycle thresholds for those PCR tests.

It's well documented that if the cycle threshold is too high, you run the risk of a false positive. If they really want to prove a positive, then follow the PCR up with a viral culture...of course that takes time and money and I can admit that would be a huge undertaking if you did that for all positives.

PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I'm not saying the vaccines were poor, simply that natural immunity is better. The process of natural immunity gives you many more epitopes to work with.

In regards to those that tested positive after vaccination, I would like to see the cycle thresholds for those PCR tests.

It's well documented that if the cycle threshold is too high, you run the risk of a false positive. If they really want to prove a positive, then follow the PCR up with a viral culture...of course that takes time and money and I can admit that would be a huge undertaking if you did that for all positives.

Go it. Thx.

Argh!

Question for you:

1. Can scientists establish conclusively whether the covid 19 virus was created in a lab or not? And
2. Has it been established that covid 19 was a naturally occurring virus that jumped species?

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:

Go it. Thx.

You're welcome. My apologies if I came across as anti vax. My history lends to that belief for two reasons.

1) My mom "enrolled" me in pox party.
2) I had to decline my newborn son getting his Hep B vaccine 8 hours after he was born. He hadn't even eaten at Taco Bell. No.

Back