• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

Sonsofbitches are probably a couple minutes from your house, anywhere. The Biden cabal is handing out plane and bus tickets like confetti in a NYC parade. Oh, Covid tested? NOT!

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
:clap:

Man, that was a serious effort at distraction, deflection and obfuscation by ghost. Interesting that he blames immigrants for the high Covid numbers, but they're not high in border areas. Where they are high is in rural middle America. Wonder why....

You actually believe the illegal immigrants stay in border areas? Wow.

I believe the vast majority of them do, yes. But for the purposes of this discussion, it's meaningless where they ultimately end up. If, as you suggest, they came to this country carrying Covid and they're the reason the US has high numbers of positive cases, those numbers would be off the charts in the areas of first entry. Clearly that is not the case. My apologies if those facts doesn't mesh neatly with your politicized view of a pandemic. But I still believe in a world of truths and facts and science and data.

FWIW. Cases are falling in the UK. USA tends to have similar trends in cases a few weeks behind Europe. But it could be an anomaly. Who knows.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

I believe the vast majority of them do, yes. But for the purposes of this discussion, it's meaningless where they ultimately end up. If, as you suggest, they came to this country carrying Covid and they're the reason the US has high numbers of positive cases, those numbers would be off the charts in the areas of first entry. Clearly that is not the case. My apologies if those facts doesn't mesh neatly with your politicized view of a pandemic. But I still believe in a world of truths and facts and science and data.

The border flood of covid super spreaders started in December. Given the short incubation period for new infections, when do you think the border area spike would peak, 8 days, 8 weeks or 8 months later? Sometimes walking away from the keyboard on a hot button issue gives one time to think about one's initial impulse response. I'm not a math major, so my figure might be off a little, but given that the delta strain is about 5 times more transmissible, the peak should occur 5 x 5 =25 times faster than the alpha strain took to peak, exponentially speaking.

And it doesn't help when the feds coverup the raging outbreaks in border towns and within the migrant camps that spread to employees. Read about the Health Care Failures at Fort Bliss in the whistleblower report found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wrZNY8-x_3MHrD5BQsmfcGR3TFYIClGp/view

grizghost said:
Ursa Major said:
Without a doubt there is vaccination hesitancy in POC. This is nothing new. Native Americans, Blacks and Latinos almost always have worse healthcare results.

This is a result of socioeconomic, historic and cultural causes that have limited these populations access to medical care.

I think the French and Italians are doing this right. If you want to go to the movies, your favorite restaurant or to the big game, show proof you’ve been vaccinated or recently tested.

Lots of ‘patriots’ initially wouldn’t mask up to go into Costco last year. Turns out that the draw to $1.50 hotdogs was greater than their need to express their freedom.

The unvaccinated currently don’t have to pay a price for their actions. They should. Freedom isn’t free.

As far as your comment that ‘both sides have plenty of blame.’ That’s a false equivalency and you’re way smarter than that.

...pretty funny sh*t!....our government is allowing hundreds if not thousands of illegals into this country with Covid
and all other deadly diseases and you want the unvaccinated tax paying citizens to pay the price...laughable...you would
have made a great Nazi with your propaganda...its not about the vaccines but the control! ...if the Gov were that serious they
would have locked down the borders...not a fat chance...but your a genius ..you got it all figured out what people should
put in their bodies...your brilliant! ...to the chambers you assholes!

I try to keep my United Nations Observer status in most of these posts (not my monkey not my circus) but I'm a Social Sciences teacher and so I love me some geography. The virus came from China and despite there being 2.8 million arrivals in the US from China in 2019, some of ya'll believe that it's being brought in by illegal immigrants? From Canada? From Mexico? Across the Bering Straight from Mother Russia? Boat loads from Cuba?

Have you considered increased defense spending and maybe some sort of border wall?

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

You are wrong about where they end up. They are dispersed to cities all over the Nation.

The Rio Grand Valley does indeed have COVID issues...issues that required the deployment of active duty military doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists to help.

If you believe these illegals are staying in McAllen Texas....you are simply not paying attention.

My political leanings are far more center than you think.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Ursa Major said:
Oh good, more whataboutism. See above, Ghost. Your premise that "man" can defeat all future deaths or illness from viruses thorough 100% vaccination is mind boggling utopian pap. Darwin showed us the futility of positions based on passion and hope rather than science and laws of nature.

YOU’RE keeping us away from attending Griz games. Read the bill of rights, who has the rights and who can't infringe them. Any policy that doesn't put the burden on potential attendees to decide for themselves whether they want to be exposed to known risks is a backwards policy. Let's just outlaw children climbing in trees so no child ever falls and breaks their arm. Let's outlaw swimming in lakes and rivers so no one ever drowns.

YOU’RE killing YOUR fellow countrymen. The unvaccinated only put their lives at risk, as well as the lives of others unvaccinated. Their choices. Their consequences. The vaccines provide short term protection against serious infections so that deaths are almost non-existent and hospitalizations rare (0-3% we are told). Why shouId anyone with vaxx protection give a shit that others are not, unless they don't believe the protection propaganda themselves? If you want that short term gain against the unknown side effects 5+ years down the road, you should make that call, not the government. This isn't a 50-95% death rate virus or plague. Get a grip on history.

YOU’RE putting everyone you love at risk from dying from a more ferocious future variant.
Delta, it's more easily spread but milder, according to the science

YOU’RE helping to keep the virus alive. Utopian pap. Think flu strains and mutations..

We know the demographics of the unvaccinated. Implication, unvaxxed are stupid, ergo ..... Why did you even go there?

We know which political party is downplaying getting vaccinated. The few times I've watched Fox the conservative guests and the commentators note they are vaxxed, recommend getting vaxxed, but do up-play the individual choice aspect of that consideration. You know, abortion' leads to a human death 100% of the time, but that's a choice that is protected by bill of rights "penumbra" . You'll see, it really is all about politics and control once you open your eyes/i]

We know which news media is pushing anti-vaccination. ditto above Nice sexy talking point but not true. Really have a taste for pap.

And learn the difference between your and you’re. As long as we're (not weir) talking about learning, try adding "learned" to your vocabulary.

Most importantly, never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink.

Lots of misinformation in this rambling manifesto.

The particular quote below is not just incorrect, it’s dangerous.

horribilisfan8184 wrote:

The unvaccinated only put their lives at risk, as well as the lives of others unvaccinated. Their choices. Their consequences.

The Delta variant is capable of infecting the vaccinated. Although the vaccine will greatly lower risks of hospitalization and death. The unvaccinated can infect the vaccinated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/22/health/coronavirus-breakthrough-infections-delta.html?referringSource=articleShare

“Health experts warn that unvaccinated individuals pose a risk to the country, and could spread the disease until other, vaccine-resistant strains arise.”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/564879-experts-warn-unvaccinated-are-greatest-threat-to-pandemic-recovery

What this means is that the unvaccinated are putting the vaccinated at risk for future variants that can make us vulnerable to hospitalization and death.

The actions and consequences of the unvaccinated certainly don’t live in a vacuum.

It impacts all of us.

The unvaccinated have had a free ride up to this point. That should end and it will as the private sector begins to respond.

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:
We know which political party is downplaying getting vaccinated.

We know which news media is pushing anti-vaccination.
YOU'RE so full of $hit. Provide evidence. We know which political party and news media shows respect for human rights and does not buckle to the other party's overreach of power. This is very different from "downplaying getting vaccinated" and "pushing anti-vaccination."

As I posted above:

Let’s look at Republican vs. Democratic vaccination rates by politicians:

“Fewer than half of House Republicans are vaccinated as of May, compared with 100 percent of congressional Democrats. For months, some Republican lawmakers including Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky, and conservative news commentators like Tucker Carlson, have voiced their skepticism of vaccines, loudly and insistently.”

Let’s look at the general population:

“Still, there is no doubt that the political divide is playing a role in rising infection rates. From the start, vaccinations in counties that voted for Donald J. Trump lagged those in counties that voted for Joseph R. Biden, and the gap has only widened — from two percentage points in April to nearly 12 points now, according to one recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Nationwide, 86 percent of Democrats have had at least one shot, compared with 52 percent of Republicans, according to another poll.”

Let’s look at the right-wing media:

“Mr. Carlson, the highest-rated Fox News host, with an average of 2.9 million viewers, said the Biden plan was an attempt to “force people to take medicine they don’t want or need.” He called the initiative “the greatest scandal in my lifetime, by far.”
Served up to an audience that is more likely than the general population to be wary of Covid vaccines, the remarks by Mr. Carlson and Ms. Ingraham echoed a now-common conservative talking point — that the government-led effort to raise vaccination rates amounted to a violation of civil liberties and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
The comments by the Fox News hosts and their guests may have also helped cement vaccine skepticism in the conservative mainstream, even as the Biden administration’s campaign to inoculate the public is running into resistance in many parts of the country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/11/busi ... hosts.html

There are give or take 100,000,000 American adults who have not gotten vaccinated. They have a myriad of reasons why be it religious, political or what have you.

Like it or not, the biggest unvaccinated demographic is white, right-wing, non-college educated, scientifically-illiterate Republicans.

I think each of the 100,000,000 are acting like selfish idiots. We have a chance to crush this virus and get back to normal. The unvaccinated are holding us back.

This country had the capacity to rise up, work together and defeat a common enemy (e.g. WW II). I don’t know if we have the ability to put nation first anymore.

On my own purely selfish note, a MLB game was postponed tonight because of Covid. I don’t want to see this happen to the Griz.

SaskGriz said:
grizghost said:
...pretty funny sh*t!....our government is allowing hundreds if not thousands of illegals into this country with Covid
and all other deadly diseases and you want the unvaccinated tax paying citizens to pay the price...laughable...you would
have made a great Nazi with your propaganda...its not about the vaccines but the control! ...if the Gov were that serious they
would have locked down the borders...not a fat chance...but your a genius ..you got it all figured out what people should

I try to keep my United Nations Observer status in most of these posts (not my monkey not my circus) but I'm a Social Sciences teacher and so I love me some geography. The virus came from China and despite there being 2.8 million arrivals in the US from China in 2019, some of ya'll believe that it's being brought in by illegal immigrants? From Canada? From Mexico? Across the Bering Straight from Mother Russia? Boat loads from Cuba?

Have you considered increased defense spending and maybe some sort of border wall?

:clap: :lol:

Ursa Major said:
kemajic said:
YOU'RE so full of $hit. Provide evidence. We know which political party and news media shows respect for human rights and does not buckle to the other party's overreach of power. This is very different from "downplaying getting vaccinated" and "pushing anti-vaccination."

As I posted above:

“Fewer than half of House Republicans are vaccinated as of May, compared with 100 percent of congressional Democrats. For months, some Republican lawmakers including Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky, and conservative news commentators like Tucker Carlson, have voiced their skepticism of vaccines, loudly and insistently.”

“Still, there is no doubt that the political divide is playing a role in rising infection rates. From the start, vaccinations in counties that voted for Donald J. Trump lagged those in counties that voted for Joseph R. Biden, and the gap has only widened — from two percentage points in April to nearly 12 points now, according to one recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Nationwide, 86 percent of Democrats have had at least one shot, compared with 52 percent of Republicans, according to another poll.”

“Mr. Carlson, the highest-rated Fox News host, with an average of 2.9 million viewers, said the Biden plan was an attempt to “force people to take medicine they don’t want or need.” He called the initiative “the greatest scandal in my lifetime, by far.”
Served up to an audience that is more likely than the general population to be wary of Covid vaccines, the remarks by Mr. Carlson and Ms. Ingraham echoed a now-common conservative talking point — that the government-led effort to raise vaccination rates amounted to a violation of civil liberties and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
The comments by the Fox News hosts and their guests may have also helped cement vaccine skepticism in the conservative mainstream, even as the Biden administration’s campaign to inoculate the public is running into resistance in many parts of the country.”

There are give or take 100,000,000 American adults who have not gotten vaccinated. They have a myriad of reasons why be it religious, political or what have you.

Like it or not, the biggest unvaccinated demographic is white, right-wing, non-college educated, scientifically-illiterate Republicans.

I think each of the 100,000,000 are acting like selfish idiots. We have a chance to crush this virus and get back to normal. The unvaccinated are holding us back.

This country had the capacity to rise up, work together and defeat a common enemy (e.g. WW II). I don’t know if we have the ability to put nation first anymore.

On my own purely selfish note, a MLB game was postponed tonight because of Covid. I don’t want to see this happen to the Griz.

Well I guess if the democrats didn’t steal the election from the poor republicans and our leader was mr trump we wouldn’t be having this talk.

And that’s all in jest and sickens me to know it’s probably true. People have become infatuated with politics and it’s gross. But unfortunately the world we live in.

SaskGriz said:
grizghost said:

POTY candidate.

Ursa Major said:
kemajic said:

As I posted above:

you've established democrats are lock-step party sheep. Well done.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Ursa Major said:
As I posted above:

I would suggest spending more time with a quality daily newspaper and less time posting dangerous and inaccurate lies about the coronavirus pandemic.

SaskGriz said:
grizghost said:

.....everybody knows where the virus came from ...your's truly CCP labs that Fauci funded...my point was the hypocrisy the Government
has to its tax paying citizens.. why letting others screw the system ( like illegals')...you wonder why people don't want to get vaccinated..
simply they don't trust the system... the Government is a sh*t show from senile Joe down....its all about the control....get ready to wear
a mask again....even if you are vaccinated...but we were told we would have immunity...another changing of the goal posts coming!
great ready!

..of all places ya'll in Canada take the sh*t show to a whole new level..you got a guy who can't even keep his eyebrows attached.
.(assuming you are from Canada)....pretty hard to take that joke seriously!

grizghost said:
SaskGriz said:

.....everybody knows where the virus came from ...your's truly CCP labs that Fauci funded...my point was the hypocrisy the Government
has to its tax paying citizens.. why letting others screw the system ( like illegals')...you wonder why people don't want to get vaccinated..
simply they don't trust the system... the Government is a sh*t show from senile Joe down....its all about the control....get ready to wear
a mask again....even if you are vaccinated...but we were told we would have immunity...another changing of the goal posts coming!
great ready!

..of all places ya'll in Canada take the sh*t show to a whole new level..you got a guy who can't even keep his eyebrows attached.

A47-B9-A14-0-F94-407-B-925-A-F5-FD73-C31-D27.jpg

Ursa Major said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I would suggest spending more time with a quality daily newspaper and less time posting dangerous and inaccurate lies about the coronavirus pandemic.

I read the studies, after seeing both sides of the FOX/MSM spin. Time and time again on covid the MSM/Biden/Fauci spin has proven to be wrong. If you only read/watch MSM news and don't follow the studies you don't know that because they never say they were wrong or correct or retract when exposed. The covid origin is just one small example of MSM and Fauci spreading false propaganda calling the lab leak theory a "dangerous and inaccurate lie" as you put it. So far reports show 330+ children under 12 in the US have died while testing positive for covid exposure but not one has been found to have died from covid. You never hear the second part on MSM, because that would negate the only reason offered to mask kids in school.

My 3 adult children have all been vaccinated. Their choice, not mine to make for them. My wife and I have had covid, and we choose not to be vaccinated for several reasons: natural protection from recovering from covid provides better protection than the vaccines against infection (or reinfection), the vaccines are not FDA approved or tested so there are too many unknowns at this time, early studies of people who have had the virus getting the vaccine show negligible or statistically insignificant additional protection, and the reported serious side effects of the vaccines (in a normal year the CDC gets about 20 reports on all approved vaccines, and now are getting over 500 a month for the covid vaccines) dwarf properly approved vaccines. Going from 0 protection to 90-95% from infection with a vaccine, makes a good case for risking unknowns against covid infection risks . Gaining at best .2% additional protection from reinfection by getting a vaccine post infection, makes no sense, given the vaccines' unknowns.

You might decide to risk the unknowns if you were in my shoes, that would be your choice. But your previous point, which I illuminated, is the dems are doing it because they are told to by their political leaders, not because they are making an informed choice. Once again, well done for making that point,

I don't let the government choose what insurance coverages and limits I get for protection of my home, my autos, my personal property, my health and my disability and life policies. By getting high UM/UIM limits, I don't rely on others buying or demand others buy insurance liability coverage amounts I think is necessary if they hurt me or my family. Why would you rely on others to provide the level of protection you want from the covid virus? Why would you want to give that decision to the government?

Your position on this smacks of classic arrogance of liberalism, that everybody who doesn't agree with the self-anointed elites is too stupid to decide what's good for them, so they need to be made to do what the elites think best. I used to tell my democrat friends they can have their Obama Care death panels, the ones who decide who gets the heart transplant and who only gets morphine, if the panel members making the decisions were all Republicans. Not one ever said "deal."

grizghost said:
SaskGriz said:

great ready!

Authentic Frontier Gibberish

Ursa Major said:
grizghost said:
great ready!

A47-B9-A14-0-F94-407-B-925-A-F5-FD73-C31-D27.jpg

Yes by all means l would strongly agree that you should get some medication...clearly you can’t think on your own ..you hurl insults at others who disagree with your self-righteous leftist impulses..and try to label us the nut jobs ..you are the definition of the modern day socialist Nazi...nice try tho!

horribilisfan8184 said:
Ursa Major said:

I read the studies, after seeing both sides of the FOX/MSM spin. Time and time again on covid the MSM/Biden/Fauci spin has proven to be wrong. If you only read/watch MSM news and don't follow the studies you don't know that because they never say they were wrong or correct or retract when exposed. The covid origin is just one small example of MSM and Fauci spreading false propaganda calling the lab leak theory a "dangerous and inaccurate lie" as you put it. So far reports show 330+ children under 12 in the US have died while testing positive for covid exposure but not one has been found to have died from covid. You never hear the second part on MSM, because that would negate the only reason offered to mask kids in school.

My 3 adult children have all been vaccinated. Their choice, not mine to make for them. My wife and I have had covid, and we choose not to be vaccinated for several reasons: natural protection from recovering from covid provides better protection than the vaccines against infection (or reinfection), the vaccines are not FDA approved or tested so there are too many unknowns at this time, early studies of people who have had the virus getting the vaccine show negligible or statistically insignificant additional protection, and the reported serious side effects of the vaccines (in a normal year the CDC gets about 20 reports on all approved vaccines, and now are getting over 500 a month for the covid vaccines) dwarf properly approved vaccines. Going from 0 protection to 90-95% from infection with a vaccine, makes a good case for risking unknowns against covid infection risks . Gaining at best .2% additional protection from reinfection by getting a vaccine post infection, makes no sense, given the vaccines' unknowns.

You might decide to risk the unknowns if you were in my shoes, that would be your choice. But your previous point, which I illuminated, is the dems are doing it because they are told to by their political leaders, not because they are making an informed choice. Once again, well done for making that point,

I don't let the government choose what insurance coverages and limits I get for protection of my home, my autos, my personal property, my health and my disability and life policies. By getting high UM/UIM limits, I don't rely on others buying or demand others buy insurance liability coverage amounts I think is necessary if they hurt me or my family. Why would you rely on others to provide the level of protection you want from the covid virus? Why would you want to give that decision to the government?

Your position on this smacks of classic arrogance of liberalism, that everybody who doesn't agree with the self-anointed elites is too stupid to decide what's good for them, so they need to be made to do what the elites think best. I used to tell my democrat friends they can have their Obama Care death panels, the ones who decide who gets the heart transplant and who only gets morphine, if the panel members making the decisions were all Republicans. Not one ever said "deal."

I can just picture you strolling thru your weed invested yard dressed in your white lab coat checking to see if your new edition of The Lancet was delivered yet.

The reason I can picture this is because there’s a government drone hovering over your house ALL THE TIME.

We’ve got our eye on you!

D79-FBEBA-BF76-4-F04-8-FAD-10558-A2720-BD.jpg

Back