• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

Ursa Major said:
ilovethecats said:
No we're on the same page. It's just a lot of grey area in the minds of the unvaccinated in my opinion.

We've been told once we hit a certain number of vaccinations we'll have herd immunity. But that number has moved all over the place. And even if we had a concrete number, we're talking about millions of people. Kind of how "every vote matters", every vaccination matters. But just like many people don't vote as they don't see their single vote making a difference, many people are going to refuse the vaccination because they don't see their single vaccination mattering. Especially when even the vaccinated are expected to be wearing masks again.

My opinion is we know who is in danger of spreading the virus; the unvaccinated. We know who runs the biggest risk of hospitalization or death; the unvaccinated. I'm to the point in all this nonsense where I would like to see a harder stance taken on those who refuse the vaccine. I didn't have this mindset 6 months ago. But why should I suffer because people refuse the vaccine? Why should my kids school suck with little sense of normalcy because people refuse the vaccine?

Vaccinations are a personal choice. No doubt. But in my perfect world (that will never happen) I'd like that choice to come with rewards and consequences. Want to go to the game? Gotta be vaccinated. Want to come in my bar? Vaccinated. Want to fly on vacation? Vaccinated. Want to go to college? Vaccinated. Concerts? Vaccinated.

This thing isn't going away. But why keep punishing good people, kids and businesses to protect those that are fine taking their own risks? It doesn't make sense to me.

I'd like that choice to come with rewards and consequences. Want to go to the game? Gotta be vaccinated. Want to come in my bar? Vaccinated. Want to fly on vacation? Vaccinated. Want to go to college? Vaccinated. Concerts? Vaccinated.

Great post!

I’ve reached this point, too. At this time it isn’t the federal/state/county/municipal governments that are limiting what we can and can’t do. It’s the unvaccinated that are holding us back.

Vaccinations have been available for six months. There have been over 330,000,000 doses given. It’s safe and FREE.

Paradoxically, I will be joining the anti-maskers if masks become mandated again in Idaho. Those same f###[#] that wouldn’t wear masks last year are the same people that won’t get vaccinated this year. What would lead one to believe those same idiots would suddenly mask up now?

I echo the comments from many of you above. I’m so done with this shit. Let’s allow Darwinism to run its course.

Exactly. We’re putting too much emphasis on trying to vaccinate people unwilling to get vaccinated. Why should our lives be impacted negatively because of idiots like these guys?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/vikings-rick-dennison-reportedly-out-as-assistant-coach-after-refusing-covid-19-vaccine-181439552.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indy100.com/viral/man-gets-covid-tells-tv-crew-he-won-t-get-covid-vaccine-b1889322%3famp

Just checking in to see if we've bent the curve yet or any of the U.S. taxpayer funded international institutions have a firm grasp on understanding or solving this thing.

just amusing myself with this one... the ccp is now mad at both japan and nbc - japan because the announcer at the olympics called the taiwan team "taiwan" instead of 'chinese taipei', plus they marched under the sound for "t" not "c". they are mad at nbc for showing the actual chinese map, not the one the ccp touts, which claims both taiwan and nearly the entire south china sea (the '9-dashed line). as the ccp 'news' paper said, 'the dignity and emotions of the chinese people have been hurt'.

these are the type of people the world has to deal with when doing business in china:

https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/3142403/tokyo-olympics-taiwan-happy-not-being-called-chinese-taipei-opening

argh! said:
just amusing myself with this one... the ccp is now mad at both japan and nbc - japan because the announcer at the olympics called the taiwan team "taiwan" instead of 'chinese taipei', plus they marched under the sound for "t" not "c". they are mad at nbc for showing the actual chinese map, not the one the ccp touts, which claims both taiwan and nearly the entire south china sea (the '9-dashed line). as the ccp 'news' paper said, 'the dignity and emotions of the chinese people have been hurt'.

these are the type of people the world has to deal with when doing business in china:

https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/3142403/tokyo-olympics-taiwan-happy-not-being-called-chinese-taipei-opening

You mean China is doing what is in their own best interest regardless of nefariusness?

Think I just made a word up.

SoldierGriz said:
argh! said:

You mean China is doing what is in their own best interest regardless of nefariusness?

Think I just made a word up.

a few days ago they put out a video depicting how they would nuke japan and turn it into four countries. it was replete with nuclear explosions and other stuff you would see. as you probably know, if there is a war in the future, it will probably be over taiwan.

SoldierGriz said:
Just checking in to see if we've bent the curve yet or any of the U.S. taxpayer funded international institutions have a firm grasp on understanding or solving this thing.

Uh, they definitely have a firm grasp on solving it. They just couldn’t expect 45% of American people too stupid to roll up their sleeve.

As for understanding it, no. Like all communicable diseases, they likey will never fully understand it.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Uh, they definitely have a firm grasp on solving it. They just couldn’t expect 45% of American people too stupid to roll up their sleeve.

As for understanding it, no. Like all communicable diseases, they likey will never fully understand it.

Wow, that kind of sounds like science, EG. Are you telling me they didn’t have all the answers to a novel disease when it first broke out? That’s crazy talk.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:

Wow, that kind of sounds like science, EG. Are you telling me they didn’t have all the answers to a novel disease when it first broke out? That’s crazy talk.

Keeerazy indeed, I’ll admit. But true!

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Sure. The WHO is doing a bang up job, indeed!

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

So it’s the WHO’s fault 45% of Americans are afraid of needles?

Like these organizations or not, they’ve provided us — with remarkable speed and efficiency — the golden ticket to end this pandemic. But we still have people dying because, well, “liberty”.

Can anyone tell me why children today don’t have marks on their arms from smallpox vaccines?

Because they worked, and 60 years ago America wasn’t filled with idiots.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Like these organizations or not, they’ve provided us — with remarkable speed and efficiency — the golden ticket to end this pandemic. But we still have people dying because, well, “liberty”.

Can anyone tell me why children today don’t have marks on their arms from smallpox vaccines?

But they’re so brave. Fat fucks getting COVID and laying in the hospital to own the libs.

Wife’s main hospital has 28 currently intubated, and 28 of them are unvaccinated. They sure showed us.

Sure makes the oft-repeated claim “I can’t breathe while wearing a mask” seem a little silly, no?

Ans sorry your wife and her colleagues are still having to deal with those issues, CDA.

CDAGRIZ said:
But they’re so brave. Fat f###[#] getting COVID and laying in the hospital to own the libs.

Wife’s main hospital has 28 currently intubated, and 28 of them are unvaccinated. They sure showed us.

i give up on that bunch. sure, it will cost, but i don't care.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

The WHO has been wrong numerous times during this thing...they were very, very wrong in the beginning. What did they do to develop the vaccine? Their investigations have failed to produce anything of value to be helpful for the future.

Why? Because China will behave in its own best interest, and the international institution will do absolutely nothing about it...

BTW - I could also give 2 shits about those choosing not to Vax. Not sure why it had to become political in the 1st place starting with dems saying they didn't trust Trump's vaccine.

Another interesting tidbit...a large percentage of Black Americans are choosing not to vax although it seems that is trending better recently...I doubt they have been watching Fox News.

EverettGriz said:
Sure makes the oft-repeated claim “I can’t breathe while wearing a mask” seem a little silly, no?

Ans sorry your wife and her colleagues are still having to deal with those issues, CDA.

Appreciate that, EG. The kind of sad part is that I’m told some (non-physician) medical professionals are starting to lack sympathy for unvaccinated folks. I can understand from a human perspective, but not from a professional one. Shitty deal all around.

CDAGRIZ said:
The kind of sad part is that I’m told some (non-physician) medical professionals are starting to lack sympathy for unvaccinated folks. I can understand from a human perspective, but not from a professional one. Shitty deal all around.

With the availability of FREE vaccines available to everyone, those making a conscious decision to NOT get the vaccine are within their rights in not getting the shot(s). If those people then come down with Covid, they get as much SYMPATHY as they deserve. You roll the dice, take the chance and lose, oh well.
Medical professionals are no different than other people, gotta work to live, but eating your heart out at their bad luck(stupidity)is not productive and detrimental in a long term perspective. Show up, do your job, go home. Detached indifference is about all that can be expected.

3-7-77 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The kind of sad part is that I’m told some (non-physician) medical professionals are starting to lack sympathy for unvaccinated folks. I can understand from a human perspective, but not from a professional one. Shitty deal all around.

With the availability of FREE vaccines available to everyone, those making a conscious decision to NOT get the vaccine are within their rights in not getting the shot(s). If those people then come down with Covid, they get as much SYMPATHY as they deserve. You roll the dice, take the chance and lose, oh well.
Medical professionals are no different than other people, gotta work to live, but eating your heart out at their bad luck(stupidity)is not productive and detrimental in a long term perspective. Show up, do your job, go home. Detached indifference is about all that can be expected.

I get that, but I was more referring to what I’m told their attitudes (and thus priorities) have apparently become toward the unvaccinated. My good friend’s wife is an ER doc at a different hospital, and she said the same thing. Universally bad situation.

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

The WHO has been wrong numerous times during this thing...they were very, very wrong in the beginning. What did they do to develop the vaccine? Their investigations have failed to produce anything of value to be helpful for the future.

Why? Because China will behave in its own best interest, and the international institution will do absolutely nothing about it...

BTW - I could also give 2 shits about those choosing not to Vax. Not sure why it had to become political in the 1st place starting with dems saying they didn't trust Trump's vaccine.

Another interesting tidbit...a large percentage of Black Americans are choosing not to vax although it seems that is trending better recently...I doubt they have been watching Fox News.

Not sure who politicized this?

Maybe February 7, 2020 when Trump told Woodward how bad the pandemic was and how he downplayed it to the American people?

Trump Tells Woodward He Deliberately Downplayed Coronavirus Threat : NPR

Let’s look at Republican vs. Democratic vaccination rates by politicians:

“Fewer than half of House Republicans are vaccinated as of May, compared with 100 percent of congressional Democrats. For months, some Republican lawmakers including Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky, and conservative news commentators like Tucker Carlson, have voiced their skepticism of vaccines, loudly and insistently.”

Let’s look at the general population:

“Still, there is no doubt that the political divide is playing a role in rising infection rates. From the start, vaccinations in counties that voted for Donald J. Trump lagged those in counties that voted for Joseph R. Biden, and the gap has only widened — from two percentage points in April to nearly 12 points now, according to one recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Nationwide, 86 percent of Democrats have had at least one shot, compared with 52 percent of Republicans, according to another poll.”

Let’s look at the right-wing media:

“Mr. Carlson, the highest-rated Fox News host, with an average of 2.9 million viewers, said the Biden plan was an attempt to “force people to take medicine they don’t want or need.” He called the initiative “the greatest scandal in my lifetime, by far.”
Served up to an audience that is more likely than the general population to be wary of Covid vaccines, the remarks by Mr. Carlson and Ms. Ingraham echoed a now-common conservative talking point — that the government-led effort to raise vaccination rates amounted to a violation of civil liberties and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
The comments by the Fox News hosts and their guests may have also helped cement vaccine skepticism in the conservative mainstream, even as the Biden administration’s campaign to inoculate the public is running into resistance in many parts of the country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/11/business/media/vaccines-fox-news-hosts.html

I think the evidence is clear who politicized this. Let’s just cut the bullshit.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

But they’re so brave. Fat f###[#] getting COVID and laying in the hospital to own the libs.

And 28 treating for heart disease that all smoked and ate like NoDaks all their lives. They showed us too. If we only had a mask mandate to save us from second hand smoke. Can somebody give Fauci a cowboy hat so he can double as the anti Marlboro Man?

:shock:
A fully-vacinated Jon Rahm has tested positive for COVID-19 two separate times in the last two months.

The first time resulted in him missing out on a $1.7 million payday at the Memorial Tournament, and this time, he's being pulled from the Olympics.

He held a six-stroke lead entering the final round of the Memorial Tournament before being pulled for a positive COVID-19 test.

Once again, without symptoms, he will be pulled from the Olympics as the world's number 1 ranked golfer.

Back