• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Crews is officially a Bobcat

Status
Not open for further replies.
alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:
I don’t find a gun emoji pointed at any person-emoji to be racist. I don’t find the whole thing to be necessarily racist. Look up N F King. There’s some slang there. I think it odd that the only person of color, or one of few, posting on this, doesn’t necessarily find it tone racist. Maybe you need White Privilege to be guilty enough to believe it’s racist. Not directing this at you.

Being a person of color doesn’t help you understand how black people feel about white people using the n word.

Yes, it does. Have suffered plenty of racism in my life. You are ignorant. I suppose you don’t know the term Prairie? Do you think white people know how it feels to be called the N word?

mthoopsfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
It wasn’t just the emoji……it was the accompanying verbiage that went along with it. It was a black man emoji (face) with a gun next to it and the words “N#@%r Fu-ck-ing” (I put in the dashes so it doesn’t get edited). Pretty dang awful.

His side is that he and his buds went duck hunting and his buddy shot all black ducks so it was a distasteful joke about that. Either way it’s an awful look.

I don’t find a gun emoji pointed at any person-emoji to be racist. I don’t find the whole thing to be necessarily racist. Look up N F King. There’s some slang there. I think it odd that the only person of color, or one of few, posting on this, doesn’t necessarily find it tone racist. Maybe you need White Privilege to be guilty enough to believe it’s racist. Not directing this at you.

I've spoke with some former black players, and they find words and emojis to be pretty effed up and racist.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Being a person of color doesn’t help you understand how black people feel about white people using the n word.

Yes, it does. Have suffered plenty of racism in my life. You are ignorant. I suppose you don’t know the term Prairie? Do you think white people know how it feels to be called the N word?

Your statement right there comparing those two things shows how ignorant you are to black peoples belief. How many of your black friends have you shared this story with and how many of them see it as not a big deal. I’ve shared it with several of mine down here and they all think that the situation was handled appropriately by asking the black players their feelings on letting him play. They all think white people have no business using the n word. They also think it’s deplorable that fans of the Griz defend the kid and attack those who brought this to the light. They now think that Montana is full of racist’s and some have told me they see why I left. Obviously that’s not why but it certainly would be their reason for leaving.

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Your statement right there comparing those two things shows how ignorant you are to black peoples belief. How many of your black friends have you shared this story with and how many of them see it as not a big deal. I’ve shared it with several of mine down here and they all think that the situation was handled appropriately by asking the black players their feelings on letting him play. They all think white people have no business using the n word. They also think it’s deplorable that fans of the Griz defend the kid and attack those who brought this to the light. They now think that Montana is full of racist’s and some have told me they see why I left. Obviously that’s not why but it certainly would be their reason for leaving.

That’s pretty funny. People from Alabama things Montana is racist against Blacks. Do you really spend time talking to your friends about the Crews situation? Do you provide all the facts? Do explain Crews was duck hunting? And this was Venmo? Do you use Venmo?

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

That’s pretty funny. People from Alabama things Montana is racist against Blacks. Do you really spend time talking to your friends about the Crews situation? Do you provide all the facts? Do explain Crews was duck hunting? And this was Venmo? Do you use Venmo?

I've never agreed with Hoops on anything, but Alabama is the most racist place on earth. The majority of the people there equate Black people with dirt.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I guess reading comprehension must not be a strong point for you tonight. I said black friends. I actually have many more black friends then white friends because yes, many white people in Alabama are racist, including a good many of my in laws. And yes, I actually let a couple of my friends read the original Crews threads because, I’m sure you’re aware, black people are very interested in racial issues today and were very interested in the Crews saga. They also think the duck hunting story is a lame excuse since there is no acceptable reason for a white person to use the n word, except maybe where black friends will let their white friends say it but only in exclusive company. And yes, I use Venmo and have found it pretty easy to never say anything racist on Venmo. For what it’s worth I like cashapp better though. It’s also easy to never say anything racist on there too, maybe easier.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I've never agreed with Hoops on anything, but Alabama is the most racist place on earth. The majority of the people there equate Black people with dirt.

As I told PR I’m talking about black people here.

Bama, how do Black and other People of Color react when you tell them they don’t understand racism, or you tell them what racism is?

mthoopsfan said:
Bama, how do Black and other People of Color react when you tell them they don’t understand racism, or you tell them what racism is?

It’s safe to say I’ve been taught far more about racism from black peoples perspective in the last 10+ years in Alabama then most will probably learn in a lifetime in montana.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Should we ask the white players about a potential kid signing if a black recruit is caught referring to them as "crackers", which many rap songs that black players listen to use that word frequently?

My opinion......... we have gone too far as a society when we start penalizing people for their personal thoughts and opinions, instead of focusing on their acts. This isn't 1930s Germany

One wonders if it’s possible for a thread to go past one page in this place without the geriatrics getting into a bitch fest about something completely unrelated.

PTGrizzly said:
One wonders if it’s possible for a thread to go past one page in this place without the geriatrics getting into a bitch fest about something completely unrelated.

What is unrelated in posts discussing the way Crews was prevented from becoming a Grizzly football player, and using general societal direction as a basis for this discussion?

thirdandlong said:
PTGrizzly said:

What is unrelated in posts discussing the way Crews was prevented from becoming a Grizzly football player, and using general societal direction as a basis for this discussion?

I definitely posted that in the wrong thread, but the point stands.

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:

Should we ask the white players about a potential kid signing if a black recruit is caught referring to them as "crackers", which many rap songs that black players listen to use that word frequently?
:roll:

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:

Here’s one of many reasons that third grade level analogy doesn’t work: You typed “cracker” on eGriz without censoring anything. You won’t type the other one.

CDAGRIZ said:
thirdandlong said:

Here’s one of many reasons that third grade level analogy doesn’t work: You typed “cracker” on eGriz without censoring anything. You won’t type the other one.

Are third graders capable of making analogies? Who knew? I resent being referred to as "you". I demand being referred to with the proper pronouns "they/them". Oh, and I don't subscribe to any censoring of my right to freedom of speech

thirdandlong said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Are third graders capable of making analogies? Who knew? I resent being referred to as "you". I demand being referred to with the proper pronouns "they/them". Oh, and I don't subscribe to any censoring of my right to freedom of speech
Who is censoring you ?

CDAGRIZ said:
thirdandlong said:

What's the over/under on how many accounts turdandlong has?

thirdandlong said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Most can. You couldn’t. Still can’t.
You won’t type it out, will you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back