• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante a Finalist for the Buck

birdieman said:
bgbigdog said:
Incredible athlete, student & citizen. More than deserving of every piece of recognition that comes his way. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unless everything falls the Griz way, he played his last game at Washington-Griz Saturday. Seems only fitting my last memory of watching him play there was after the game when the team had gathered for their prayer tradition on the logo at midfield, he hustled to the entrance of the tunnel and congratulated every teammate as they filed up the corridor. As his last teammate trotted by, couldn’t help notice he turned back and took one last look at Washington-Griz Stadium. Best of luck, Dante, wherever life takes you. What a ride you have given Griz Nation!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post, Birdie. Thanks for sharing

birdieman said:
bgbigdog said:
Incredible athlete, student & citizen. More than deserving of every piece of recognition that comes his way. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unless everything falls the Griz way, he played his last game at Washington-Griz Saturday. Seems only fitting my last memory of watching him play there was after the game when the team had gathered for their prayer tradition on the logo at midfield, he hustled to the entrance of the tunnel and congratulated every teammate as they filed up the corridor. As his last teammate trotted by, couldn’t help notice he turned back and took one last look at Washington-Griz Stadium. Best of luck, Dante, wherever life takes you. What a ride you have given Griz Nation!!
The best package of a student-athlete I've seen; he's right there with DD. What a pleasure it has been to watch him play - sideline to sideline; involved in seemingly every play.

kemajic said:
birdieman said:
bgbigdog said:

The best package of a student-athlete I've seen; he's right there with DD. What a pleasure it has been to watch him play - sideline to sideline; involved in seemingly every play.

In my opinion, he’s the best defensive player the Griz have ever had, at least since 88, when I started watching.

Regardless of that, he’s tied with DD as my favorite Griz to watch play.

I dont get too bummed when players move on....i will be when Dante is done.

stubbins said:
kemajic said:

In my opinion, he’s the best defensive player the Griz have ever had, at least since 88, when I started watching.

Regardless of that, he’s tied with DD as my favorite Griz to watch play.

I dont get too bummed when players move on....i will be when Dante is done.
I go back a lot farther and he's still the best. And in only two years....

I hope he's interested in coaching at some point after his presumed pro career is over. He'd be a tremendous asset to the program to say the least.

rocklobster said:
rocklobster said:
Congratulations Dante! Gonna be interesting to see how high he goes in the draft! Is the 3rd round out of the question?

I usually don't quote myself, Sporting News has him as a 6th rounder! That would be a steal! Opinions?

He should be Bobby Wagner’s understudy. :thumb:

AllWeatherFan said:
rocklobster said:
rocklobster said:
Congratulations Dante! Gonna be interesting to see how high he goes in the draft! Is the 3rd round out of the question?

I usually don't quote myself, Sporting News has him as a 6th rounder! That would be a steal! Opinions?

He should be Bobby Wagner’s understudy. :thumb:

Or a Packer!

the only defensive player i thought was as good was jason crebo, although i was able to watch him play in person, and have only seen olsen from (very) afar, and linebackers are a lot easier to follow in person, since tv cameras try to follow the ball, mostly. also, since crebo played his senior year with injuries, i've always wondered just how good he would have been without them that year, given the years of maturity the differentiates senior linebackers from younger ones.

on a side note, can someone tell the most inauthentic griz "supporter" i've ever encountered, kem, that we all are fully aware of his stitt obsession, and that the endless reminders are unnecessary. also, to those who aren't aware, olsen has played for four years, not two, and was an awesome special teams player and back-up linebacker before he gained some 23 pounds and became a starter?

signedbewildered said:
birdieman said:
bgbigdog said:

Ugh. Yep, he's a good kid. Selfless.
Yeah he helped me push my car out of the snow once. It took a while, good kid.

zootownrox said:
signedbewildered said:
birdieman said:
bgbigdog said:

Ugh. Yep, he's a good kid. Selfless.
Yeah he helped me push my car out of the snow once. It took a while, good kid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Truly an amazing young man. Always puts everyone around him first. Doesn't matter if it's a two year old toddler that can't reach something or a 90 year old lady trying to get across the street.

As genuine as they come he is.

argh! said:
the only defensive player i thought was as good was jason crebo, although i was able to watch him play in person, and have only seen olsen from (very) afar, and linebackers are a lot easier to follow in person, since tv cameras try to follow the ball, mostly. also, since crebo played his senior year with injuries, i've always wondered just how good he would have been without them that year, given the years of maturity the differentiates senior linebackers from younger ones.

on a side note, can someone tell the most inauthentic griz "supporter" i've ever encountered, kem, that we all are fully aware of his stitt obsession, and that the endless reminders are unnecessary. also, to those who aren't aware, olsen has played for four years, not two, and was an awesome special teams player and back-up linebacker before he gained some 23 pounds and became a starter?
I watched them both and watched closely because I played the position. Crebo was very good and deserved #37. Olson, however, plays at a different level, stronger, seemingly indestructible and with elite range. I've not seen a defensive player control the output of his defense like he does.

On a side note, can someone help argh! find some band-aids for his exposed nerves; it takes so little for me to set him off. Hauck was hired and is on his way to restore the football program; Bodnar was hired and is on his way to restore the institution. In spite of never-Hauck/never-Bodnar argh! Get over it.

In fact, you have never "encountered" me; should you in the future we will have a chance to sort out who is authentic and who is "inauthentic".

Back