• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early EGriz BSC Poll

1. Griz
2. UC Davis
3. Idaho
4. Cats
5. Weber
6. Sac St.
7. EWU
8. NAU
9. Cal Poly
10. UNC
11. PSU
12. ISU

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Uh, don’t they have to play those ignored schedules?

Yes. I’m just saying that is the order of which teams are the best. If you ask me for the ranking of how they will look after the regular season, I would adjust a couple teams slightly.

That would probably be the way one would rank teams. The reason being: They all play the regular season. Cool list, though.

indian-outlaw said:
1. Cats
2. Idaho
3. Davis
4. Weber
5. Griz
6. Sac St.
7. EWU
8. PSU
9. Cal Poly
10. NAU
11. Idaho State
12. UNC

Thanks for this ranking..... makes it easier for me because I'd do exact same, except move Idaho below Weber, So Davis and Weber move to 2 and 3 respectively.

indian-outlaw said:
1. Cats
2. Idaho
3. Davis
4. Weber
5. Griz
6. Sac St.
7. EWU
8. PSU
9. Cal Poly
10. NAU
11. Idaho State
12. UNC
If the Griz finish 5th or worse this coming year, then Haslam should plan on making a change at HC for the 2024 season.
Time would be up.

If you’re just talking best teams…
1. Cats
2. Idaho
3. Griz
4. Davis
5. Weber
6. Sac St.
7. EWU
8. NAU
9. Cal Poly
10. PSU
11. Idaho State
12. UNC

GottaluvGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
1. Cats
2. Idaho
3. Davis
4. Weber
5. Griz
6. Sac St.
7. EWU
8. PSU
9. Cal Poly
10. NAU
11. Idaho State
12. UNC
If the Griz finish 5th or worse this coming year, then Haslam should plan on making a change at HC for the 2024 season.
Time would be up.

No, no, no. It all depends on the health of your starting QB. If your starting QB makes it through the entire season without missing any snaps, AND you finish 5th.... then yes - make the change. If he gets hurt though, all bets are off and it doesn't matter where you end the season because you can all point to your very good QB getting hurt, as an excuse.

GottaluvGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
1. Cats
2. Idaho
3. Davis
4. Weber
5. Griz
6. Sac St.
7. EWU
8. PSU
9. Cal Poly
10. NAU
11. Idaho State
12. UNC
Time would be up.
I was drunk when I did this. Here is how it's gonna go.
1. UCD
2. Griz
3. Idaho
4. Cats

No FCS coach would ever be fired, or put on the hot seat, for being 8-5, making the playoffs, winning a playoff game, and losing only to 5 playoff teams, 3 of which were seeded. Whether the qb was healthy or not.

No way the DUI University bubcats win the conference with their schedule. 4th, maybe 5th for them depending on tie breaks. They’ll win a first round game and then lose 49-11 at sdsu

GRIZ
Sac
Idaho
cats
Davis
Doesitreallymatter?

1. Davis
2. Idaho
3. Bobcats
4. Griz
5. Weber
6. Sac. State
7. Poly
8. NAU
9. EWU
10. PSU
11. ISU
12. UNC

*** predictions made include each team's strength of schedule.

Notice that no one has predicted the Griz winning the conference, except the clueless one. I guess all of you are satisfied with year 6 of Bobby's mission to Return To Dominance. Must be how one defines dominance, huh?

Playoffs, playoff wins, and being ranked in the top 10 and at 14 in years 2, 3, and 4 is good and fast enough progress for me. Losing only to 5 good playoff teams, including 3 seeded playoff teams, shows the team was good, even without a healthy qb.

If you want to say Hauck is going into his 6th year, then you need to include the covid spring year in which the Griz won every game.

Perspective over Narrative.

thirdandlong said:
1. Davis
2. Idaho
3. Bobcats
4. Griz
5. Weber
6. Sac. State
7. Poly
8. NAU
9. EWU
10. PSU
11. ISU
12. UNC

Notice that no one has predicted the Griz winning the conference, except the clueless one. I guess all of you are satisfied with year 6 of Bobby's mission to Return To Dominance. Must be how one defines dominance, huh?
So if we predict the Griz to win the conference, we're delusional idiots, but if we don't, then we're spineless wimps who are okay with mediocrity?

Do you see how you ruin every good thread in here?

mthoopsfan said:
No FCS coach would ever be fired, or put on the hot seat, for being 8-5, making the playoffs, winning a playoff game, and losing only to 5 playoff teams, 3 of which were seeded. Whether the qb was healthy or not.

We are not just any FCS team. We are Montana.....previously the Alabama, Ohio State, or Georgia of FCS football for a period of 20 years. Most of Griz Nation expects us to be among the best in FCS again. Obviously, you and a few others would rather continue our 3-6 Big Sky finishes, losses to the Cats, and being embarrassed in the playoffs each year.

uofmman1122 said:
thirdandlong said:
1. Davis
2. Idaho
3. Bobcats
4. Griz
5. Weber
6. Sac. State
7. Poly
8. NAU
9. EWU
10. PSU
11. ISU
12. UNC

So if we predict the Griz to win the conference, we're delusional idiots, but if we don't, then we're spineless wimps who are okay with mediocrity?

You can't deal with reality. The numbers speak for themselves. The predictions for 2023 by multiple Griz fans speak for themselves. If being honest is ruining your sugar-coated view of Bobby's tenure, then just deal with it.

thirdandlong said:
uofmman1122 said:

You can't deal with reality. The numbers speak for themselves. The predictions for 2023 by multiple Griz fans speak for themselves. If being honest is ruining your sugar-coated view of Bobby's tenure, then just deal with it.
If you think putting us at #1 is stupid, but putting us anywhere but #1 is cowardly, where are we supposed to put our team, according to you?

You know what has become obvious with the posters on this board? 90% of you are incapable of being objective about Grizzly football, and about our head coach. You refuse to accept the numbers, constantly make excuses for our performances (such as our injured QB, strength of schedule, etc.), and immediately assault any poster who advocates change. I still await any of you Hauck supporters to go on record in telling the board how many years you are willing to give Bobby Hauck to fulfill his promise to Return To Dominance? 6? 7? 10? Stand-up and be counted, if you have the nads.

uofmman1122 said:
thirdandlong said:
If you think putting us at #1 is stupid, but putting us anywhere but #1 is cowardly, where are we supposed to put our team, according to you?

You put them where you believe they will finish. And, if you predict they win the Sky, and they don't, what then? Another "wait-till-next-year"?

Back