• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early EGriz BSC Poll

thirdandlong said:
We are not just any FCS team. We are Montana.....previously the Alabama, Ohio State, or Georgia of FCS football for a period of 20 years. Most of Griz Nation expects us to be among the best in FCS again. Obviously, you and a few others would rather continue our 3-6 Big Sky finishes, losses to the Cats, and being embarrassed in the playoffs each year.

Comparing Montana to Alabama, Ohio State, or Georgia is a complete apples to earthworms comparison. Those schools have a national presence and can recruit every kid in America. Montana has a limited recruiting appeal and reach. The thing most Griz fans can't accept is very few kids want to go the UM just because they are Montana. The number of FCS level Montana kids has decreased and the lure of academic programs offered by MSU shine brighter than what UM has to offer. 99% if out-of-state kids have no attachment to UM and with the numerous reasons for picking a school to play football, most see Davis, Weber, and most other FCS schools as viable options. The days of Montana having all the advantages are past.

thirdandlong said:
Thank you for putting your Johnson on the record. Anyone else?

Is this like putting one's thumb on the scale?
As we know, all Johnson's are NOT created equal. Our creator didn't endow us all with equal Johnson's.

Lili Von Shtupp : Tell me, schatze, is it twue what they say about the way you people are... gifted?
[sound of zipper opening]
Lili Von Shtupp : Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:
Wrong. NDSU EXPECTS to win the national championship every year. Last year they made it there but took second, and a lot of folks are NOT happy about that. My how things have changed. I remember with the entire country expected Montana to make it to the chipper every year. They were that good. Not anymore.

I thought the topic was firing the coach, not fans being unhappy? I'm unaware that NDSU is getting ready to fire its coach. As for Montana, yes, that's what Returning to Dominance means. It's a road and process. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes years. How long did it take NDSU, SDS, Georgia So. and App St? The Cats are have never been there.

Good grief...the topic is a pre-season poll from egrizzers. Pay attention!

mthoopsfan said:
thirdandlong said:
So, you're saying our schedule is not easy? Outside of Idaho on the road, what other game troubles you? And, my question is........... did our teams from Dennehy, Glenn, & Hauck 1.0 worry about the toughness of our schedule? We dominated every schedule, winning the conference over and over again. How things have changed, huh?

Yes, things have changed. The conference is much stronger than it used to be. That's why 6 Big Sky teams sometimes go to the playoffs.

The coaches and team aren't worried about the schedule. These are fans on a message board.

No. More BSC teams make the playoffs because the FCS is substantially watered down with so many good teams moving up...that is not an improvement of the conference. Please try to post coherently.

thirdandlong said:
Of note is the continued refusal for even ONE egriz poster to go on record and answer my question as to how many additional seasons will you be willing to give Bobby to Return To Dominance, as he promised. This will be season six. If he continues to finish 3rd or worse in the conference, lose again to the Cats, and fail to go deep in the playoffs, will you support him for a seventh season? And remember that most of you are predicting a finish lower than 2nd in the Sky.

His contract was not extended. That's a leash despite what some on here might say. His seat is very, very warm - probably feels hot to his assistants who feel much more pressure than BH.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Yes, things have changed. The conference is much stronger than it used to be. That's why 6 Big Sky teams sometimes go to the playoffs.

The coaches and team aren't worried about the schedule. These are fans on a message board.

No. More BSC teams make the playoffs because the FCS is substantially watered down with so many good teams moving up...that is not an improvement of the conference. Please try to post coherently.

Nope, the Big Sky conference is much better than it used to be. If you knew anything about Griz football, you would know that.

SoldierGriz said:
thirdandlong said:
Of note is the continued refusal for even ONE egriz poster to go on record and answer my question as to how many additional seasons will you be willing to give Bobby to Return To Dominance, as he promised. This will be season six. If he continues to finish 3rd or worse in the conference, lose again to the Cats, and fail to go deep in the playoffs, will you support him for a seventh season? And remember that most of you are predicting a finish lower than 2nd in the Sky.

His contract was not extended. That's a leash despite what some on here might say. His seat is very, very warm - probably feels hot to his assistants who feel much more pressure than BH.

His contract isn't done yet. Most contracts don't get extended until later in the final year. I thought they would extend the contract earlier, but Hauck said publicly that he didn't care, or something like that.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Nope, the Big Sky conference is much better than it used to be. If you knew anything about Griz football, you would know that.

You might want to explain that to the Bobcat coaches......... :thumb:

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

His contract isn't done yet. Most contracts don't get extended until later in the final year. I thought they would extend the contract earlier, but Hauck said publicly that he didn't care, or something like that.
He plans to coach another 5 years.

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:

Oh, so we just allow our head football coach to inform the athletic department about how many years he will be our coach? Priceless!

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:

His plans will change if he doesn't meet expectations of one if the few Blue-blood FCS programs left.

You're better than this Kem.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

This is unequivocally false. Coaches who are winning and meeting expectations are routinely extended early because other schools covet them. BH - not so much, so it seems to everyone who knows a little about Griz football. You are on the outside looking in. Send the DM for immediate help.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

This is unequivocally false. Coaches who are winning and meeting expectations are routinely extended early because other schools covet them. BH - not so much, so it seems to everyone who knows a little about Griz football. You are on the outside looking in. Send the DM for immediate help.

Hauck has said he wants to finish his career at UM. He also turned down a big contract to go to San Diego St. a few years ago. Yes, some contracts get extended early, but that is not the norm, to my knowledge.

SoldierGriz said:
kemajic said:

His plans will change if he doesn't meet expectations of one if the few Blue-blood FCS programs left.

Huh? Can you provide a translation of your sentence so we might at least imagine what you're trying to say?
I'm just reflecting what he told me directly a week ago. He will meet expectations to the disappointment of you haters. By that time he will have about 180 wins at Montana. And I believe he will have some say in the choice of his successor.

SoldierGriz said:
kemajic said:

No, he's not. He is fine with 6th place finishes and being destroyed by the Bobcats 4 out of 5 seasons. PLAYOFFS??? Whose talking about PLAYOFFS???

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hehe. This is great. Private bubcat trying to teach Mr. Hoops how to negotiate an employment contract.

SoldierGriz said:
thirdandlong said:

Private bubcat and Growler have been teaming up lately to form a mega troll.
Look at them quoting each other and patting each other on the back.
My nanna always said you are the company you keep.

garizzalies said:
SoldierGriz said:

DM me for a mentoring session. If you do well - we'll sign a contract. I can help you as well as PR - your daddy.

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

Huh? Can you provide a translation of your sentence so we might at least imagine what you're trying to say?
I'm just reflecting what he told me directly a week ago. He will meet expectations to the disappointment of you haters. By that time he will have about 180 wins at Montana. And I believe he will have some say in the choice of his successor.

Good grief - aging so poorly must suck big time.

If he continues to finish middle of the pack - mediocrity - he will not be extended. Simple.

Not only will he not get extended - but Kent will be job hunting...

All of this is true regardless of what BH "told you." It's D1 football Kem.

SoldierGriz said:
garizzalies said:

DM me for a mentoring session. If you do well - we'll sign a contract. I can help you as well as PR - your daddy.

Unless there is a major collapse this year (sub .500) or a major controversy (a jersey number is not major) Bobby will get extension on his contract. Griz are better than they were when he came back. Season ticket sales are steady and the Griz are going to be tough this year. Bobby saw where some changes needed to be made on his staff and made them. Even though I think Bobby is still unnecessarily a prick at times to local media I think he is a very good coach. I don't think people realize how hard it would be to find someone that has both a connection to the state of Montana and connections for talent outside of it like Bobby. One more contract for him and then it will be Shann Schillinger after he tears it up at Mary.

Latest posts

Back