• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern beating Kansas 9-0 in first 2 minutes

HelenaHandBasket said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Well I can! And take that other eastern washington school that refused to field a football team with you! And nevada and boise...

Hoping for a 16 seed to finally beat a 1 seed...

A 16 has.

You mean that virginia team? That doesn't count as far as I'm concerned. I should have said a real 1 seed like this year. But whatever. Just hope washington's teams continue to look like washington. And oregon. And cali. The entire left coast.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
A 16 has.

You mean that virginia team? That doesn't count as far as I'm concerned. I should have said a real 1 seed like this year. But whatever. Just hope washington's teams continue to look like washington. And oregon. And cali. The entire left coast.

Didn't know that in were in charge of reality.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
A 16 has.

You know they were the number one overall seed that year, so biggest possible 1-16 upset possible really. They won the whole thing the next year. They are literally the defending Champs right now....although Ohio is tryin to make my bracket upset pick look very good right now ;)

CleanHOUSE said:
Man this is hard to watch, so much jealousy hahaha. So much you can do if you can make shots! Griz would miss there first 10 shots get down by 20pts right away, then start catch up with the pace of the superior KU athletes then grind there way to 13-14pt loss with no real chance to win it. NOT hating on Griz, just saying our teams are built to have Defensive consistency and tempo control which ='s a steady way to be competitive in every game and win games in the bigsky, but Nick Cronin Cincinnati style teams don't seem to have much success in the tournament especially when they don't have high level athletes...(although UVA did win a ship recently, know for their D and slow pace)

UVA has now been on the wrong side of 2 out of the last 3 biggest upsets in the last 3 years. A defense only philosophy no longer wins.

GrizBall said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Man this is hard to watch, so much jealousy hahaha. So much you can do if you can make shots! Griz would miss there first 10 shots get down by 20pts right away, then start catch up with the pace of the superior KU athletes then grind there way to 13-14pt loss with no real chance to win it. NOT hating on Griz, just saying our teams are built to have Defensive consistency and tempo control which ='s a steady way to be competitive in every game and win games in the bigsky, but Nick Cronin Cincinnati style teams don't seem to have much success in the tournament especially when they don't have high level athletes...(although UVA did win a ship recently, know for their D and slow pace)

UVA has now been on the wrong side of 2 out of the last 3 biggest upsets in the last 3 years. A defense only philosophy no longer wins.

It won when they had several fringe NBA caliber players on the roster, might have had something to do with it.

Hoops watcher said:
GrizBall said:

It won when they had several NBA caliber players on the roster.

Exactly. And their offense was better than their defense that year.

GrizBall said:
Hoops watcher said:
It won when they had several NBA caliber players on the roster.

Yeah the year they won, they had guys who could fill it up. You are playing to many good hyped up teams in a row in the tourney and one of them is going to get hot, hot shooting beats good D and even superior talent sometimes. Holding everyone to 58pts and scoring 62pts just is not a viable strategy in March...if you have above average players it is a pretty good strategy to win at a 2:1 clip an get a 20-10 record and get to the tourney, but isn't going to win you any tournaments, or for mid majors its not going to get you any upsets.
I feel like it might contribute to the Griz playing tight against upper level teams because they know "We can literally only score 60-65pts which means we have to be literally perfect if we want to hold a team like say Ohio State or Kansas below 65pts"

CleanHOUSE said:
GrizBall said:

Yeah the year they won, they had guys who could fill it up. You are playing to many good hyped up teams in a row in the tourney and one of them is going to get hot, hot shooting beats good D and even superior talent sometimes. Holding everyone to 58pts and scoring 62pts just is not a viable strategy in March...if you have above average players it is a pretty good strategy to win at a 2:1 clip an get a 20-10 record and get to the tourney, but isn't going to win you any tournaments, or for mid majors its not going to get you any upsets.
I feel like it might contribute to the Griz playing tight against upper level teams because they know "We can literally only score 60-65pts which means we have to be literally perfect if we want to hold a team like say Ohio State or Kansas below 65pts"

Or EWU.

GrizBall said:
CleanHOUSE said:

Or EWU.

Haha ouch too soon!

Nick Cronin's grinding D team getting it done against BYU a team known for building around skilled shooters perhaps more than any other team in the nation

CleanHOUSE said:
Nick Cronin's grinding D team getting it done against BYU a team known for building around skilled shooters perhaps more than any other team in the nation
Yep. UCLA got it done, 73-62. The Bruins took the lead about 7-8 min into the game, and BYU never go closer than 4 points after that.

griznative24 said:
UMFan12 said:
BSC continues to be an underrated league.

Underrated in what, bsc teams lose first round matchups consistently, and haven't won since 2006.
Coincidence the last time our conference got a win it was a 12 seed? The Griz teams that made March madness b2b years won 26 games both years......26......and were seeded 14th, and 15th respectively. And also, the NCAA committee slotted us against Michigan in the first round in b2b years (isn’t supposed to happen).
Hard to win ANY tournament games when as a conference, your best hope is a 14 seed.

I’d like to know the last time a mid major won 26 games, including 2 games against other eventual NCAA tournament bound mid majors(14 Ga St, 16 NDSU), won 26 games the year prior, and were rewarded a 15th seed.

UMFan12 said:
griznative24 said:
Underrated in what, bsc teams lose first round matchups consistently, and haven't won since 2006.
Coincidence the last time our conference got a win it was a 12 seed? The Griz teams that made March madness b2b years won 26 games both years......26......and were seeded 14th, and 15th respectively. And also, the NCAA committee slotted us against Michigan in the first round in b2b years (isn’t supposed to happen).
Hard to win ANY tournament games when as a conference, your best hope is a 14 seed.

I’d like to know the last time a mid major won 26 games, including 2 games against other eventual NCAA tournament bound mid majors(14 Ga St, 16 NDSU), won 26 games the year prior, and were rewarded a 15th seed.

Yeah, I don't think any of your reasons scream underrated. Until BSC teams can actually win a few OOC games against quality, they will continue to be a 15 seed type conference.

HelenaHandBasket said:
UMFan12 said:

Yeah, I don't think any of your reasons scream underrated. Until BSC teams can actually win a few OOC games against quality, they will continue to be a 15 seed type conference.
Which they have screwed themselves over with the 20 conference game schedule. Point is, a 26 win mid major that has a better resume comparatively to others at 13/14 line (W@ Pitt(bad but still P5),W vs UCI, only 3 “bad” losses UCSB, EWU, and UI) and yet we end at #56 overall seeding wise, with better resumes (imo than #s 55,53 and about even with 52). South Dakota State earned a 12 seed that year at 30-5. Of the last 3 BSC games in the dance, 2 have been competitive. (1st game vs Mich, EWU vs KU). Not exactly easy as a 14 seed.

UMFan12 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Which they have screwed themselves over with the 20 conference game schedule. Point is, a 26 win mid major that has a better resume comparatively to others at 13/14 line (W@ Pitt(bad but still P5),W vs UCI, only 3 “bad” losses UCSB, EWU, and UI) and yet we end at #56 overall seeding wise, with better resumes (imo than #s 55,53 and about even with 52). South Dakota State earned a 12 seed that year at 30-5. Of the last 3 BSC games in the dance, 2 have been competitive. (1st game vs Mich, EWU vs KU). Not exactly easy as a 14 seed.

Once again, Montana didn't have any great wins and probably the biggest issue is that the BSC as a whole struggles to win against quality OOC opponents. Until the conference as a whole can do a better job, they will weigh down any team that wins. The conference is definitely not underrated.

CleanHOUSE said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

You know they were the number one overall seed that year, so biggest possible 1-16 upset possible really. They won the whole thing the next year. They are literally the defending Champs right now....although Ohio is tryin to make my bracket upset pick look very good right now ;)

Just read on ESPN that 79% of all bets made this year chose Ohio over virginia. One could, therefore, surmise we all know virginia has been and continues to be way overrated. I suppose now UCLA as a playin team makes the elite 8 or heaven forbid, the final 4? What a crock.

Back