• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern beating Kansas 9-0 in first 2 minutes

BSC will have their best chance to win a first round game since 2006 If EWU keeps Legans and their team in tact for next year. If Tanner Groves uses zero year(Legans will also add more talent to roster) then Eastern will dominate the conference like we haven’t seen for decades in the next 2 seasons. As much as I dislike Eastern this could be the best thing for our weak conference. If Eastern wins 25 plus games next year they have a solid chance for a 12 seed, especially if they knock off a couple PAC 12 teams. The committee will credit them for a solid showing against Kansas and I don’t think moving them up 2 seeds to a 12 is a big stretch.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CleanHOUSE said:
You know they were the number one overall seed that year, so biggest possible 1-16 upset possible really. They won the whole thing the next year. They are literally the defending Champs right now....although Ohio is tryin to make my bracket upset pick look very good right now ;)

Just read on ESPN that 79% of all bets made this year chose Ohio over virginia. One could, therefore, surmise we all know virginia has been and continues to be way overrated. I suppose now UCLA as a playin team makes the elite 8 or heaven forbid, the final 4? What a crock.

Not sure why it is a crock.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Just read on ESPN that 79% of all bets made this year chose Ohio over virginia. One could, therefore, surmise we all know virginia has been and continues to be way overrated. I suppose now UCLA as a playin team makes the elite 8 or heaven forbid, the final 4? What a crock.

Me either. The seeding process this year was the biggest crapshoot on the planet given the disparity in # of games played/quality of games played across the spectrum.

wyomingriz said:
BSC will have their best chance to win a first round game since 2006 If EWU keeps Legans and their team in tact for next year. If Tanner Groves uses zero year(Legans will also add more talent to roster) then Eastern will dominate the conference like we haven’t seen for decades in the next 2 seasons. As much as I dislike Eastern this could be the best thing for our weak conference. If Eastern wins 25 plus games next year they have a solid chance for a 12 seed, especially if they knock off a couple PAC 12 teams. The committee will credit them for a solid showing against Kansas and I don’t think moving them up 2 seeds to a 12 is a big stretch.

Curious if Travis recruited The Groves boys, since they planned in the Spokane area? Anyone know?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CleanHOUSE said:
You know they were the number one overall seed that year, so biggest possible 1-16 upset possible really. They won the whole thing the next year. They are literally the defending Champs right now....although Ohio is tryin to make my bracket upset pick look very good right now ;)

The won the last national championship??.....Super overrated that year for sure! They play Griz basketball maybe that's why the struggle in the tournament

CleanHOUSE said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

The won the last national championship??.....Super overrated that year for sure! They play Griz basketball maybe that's why the struggle in the tournament

With a huge assist from the refs in the last 50 seconds. Well, FOUR huge assists in the last 50 seconds, to be precise. :| :|

AZGrizFan said:
CleanHOUSE said:

With a huge assist from the refs in the last 50 seconds. Well, FOUR huge assists in the last 50 seconds, to be precise. :| :|

Shades of Southern Utah, and like 4 other Griz games lol

HelenaHandBasket said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Do you know why it was a crock now?

Back