• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Games Week #3

SaskGriz said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Honestly it was our defense that let us down in that game. Offense scored 31 points which with how Weber plays is usually enough to win games. Defense gave up way too many long distance plays in that game and it cost them.

This week will be a good barometer of where this young team really is.
What's a young team at Weber? Average of age 27 instead of 31?

Exactly! Plus, just because they might have several Frosh on the 2-deep, who doesn't? Most programs have 50 or so (Cats have 61) Freshmen on the roster now and some of them have been there for three or four years.

poorgriz said:
SaskGriz said:
What's a young team at Weber? Average of age 27 instead of 31?

Exactly! Plus, just because they might have several Frosh on the 2-deep, who doesn't? Most programs have 50 or so (Cats have 61) Freshmen on the roster now and some of them have been there for three or four years.

We have a 4th year freshman starting at TE right now. :lol: :lol:

fltheadgriz said:
Yes the JMU at Weber State is the matchup to watch
Another matchup that is interesting is EWU at WIU. We know EWU does not have the defense that the Grizz does, so will it be a shoot out in that game. Will let us see if EWU can beat WIU or not. If WIU can air it out I have a feeling that they will beat EWU
Cal Poly at South Dakota should be a good game as well.
Definitely cheering for Big Sky teams. Dixie does have a tough schedule, but so does Cal Poly. They better win this weekend or they could start out 0-7 or worse.

NativeGriz said:
fltheadgriz said:
Yes the JMU at Weber State is the matchup to watch
Another matchup that is interesting is EWU at WIU. We know EWU does not have the defense that the Grizz does, so will it be a shoot out in that game. Will let us see if EWU can beat WIU or not. If WIU can air it out I have a feeling that they will beat EWU
Cal Poly at South Dakota should be a good game as well.
Definitely cheering for Big Sky teams. Dixie does have a tough schedule, but so does Cal Poly. They better win this weekend or they could start out 0-7 or worse.

CP schedule really isn't in the same hemisphere as Dixie in terms of how brutal it is. Literally they play the 1,3,5,6,10,12,18 ranked teams IN THE COUNTRY. Oh, and throw in Sac State and SFA in there for good measure. Add Tarleton in there..... but I have no idea what that even is.

poorgriz said:
NativeGriz said:

CP schedule really isn't in the same hemisphere as Dixie in terms of how brutal it is. Literally they play the 1,3,5,6,10,12,18 ranked teams IN THE COUNTRY. Oh, and throw in Sac State and SFA in there for good measure. Add Tarleton in there..... but I have no idea what that even is.
It's either a pack of unfiltered smokes or an old wooden sailing ship.

poorgriz said:
NativeGriz said:

Totally agree. I was thinking more along the lines of Cal Poly winning most of their games and Dixies doesnt really have the same expectations. An 0-7 Cal Poly team would be unheard of.

SaskGriz said:
poorgriz said:
It's either a pack of unfiltered smokes or an old wooden sailing ship.

Must be the smokes, because everyone knows the old wooden sailing ship is “Diversity”.

Might be a shootout at western Illinois. All tied up 7-7. All of a sudden Western Illinois has an offense again. Pretty sure Montana’s defense is just dam tough, and this game so far is validating that assumption.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Might be a shootout at western Illinois. All tied up 7-7. All of a sudden Western Illinois has an offense again. Pretty sure Montana’s defense is just dam tough, and this game so far is validating that assumption.

21-14 and still in the first quarter.

A terrible NAU is leading Arizona in the 4th 14-13 and Dixie is trying to get back in the game against davis 27-39

With Western Illinois losing to Eastern 62-56 I think that pretty well validates how good our D is. Ewoo passed for about 5 thousand yds (542 actually) so that means that we will have to be ready for a huge aerial assault in Cheney.

And I actually think I used to smoke Tarletons back in the day. But, I smoked almost anything and everything then.

codycleve said:
A terrible NAU is leading Arizona in the 4th 14-13 and Dixie is trying to get back in the game against davis 27-39
It's Arizona that's terrible, losing to a winless BSC team.

Only 3 teams from the top 25 lost this weekend. 2 lost against higher ranked teams #21 Richmond vs #12 Villanova and #9 Weber St vs #3 JMU. 3rd lost was #6 Delaware against FBS Rutgers

1 Sam Houston (2-0) OFF BYE
2 South Dakota State (2-0) OFF BYE
3 James Madison (2-0) at #9 Weber State (1-1) 6:00 Won
*4 Montana (2-0) is OFF BYE
5 North Dakota State (2-0) at Towson (1-1) 4:00 Won
6 Delaware (2-0) at FBS Rutgers (2-0) 1:30 Lost
*7 Eastern Washington (2-0) at Western Ill. (0-2) 2:00 Won
8 Southern Illinois (1-1) vs. Dayton (1-0) 5:00 Won
*9 Weber St (1-1) vs #3 James Madison (2-0) 6:00 Lost
10 Jacksonville State (1-1) vs. North Alabama (0-2) 5:00 Won
11 North Dakota (1-1) vs Drake (0-2) 3:00 Won
12 Villanova (2-0) vs #25 Richmond (2-0) 1:30 Won