• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Playoffs Games- Week 13 First Round

kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:
wow we are going to kick EWU's ass very cool. I think I did predict we were going to play them again if not mistaken but I might have thought here. I got to say UNI is a scary team. they lose when they should win and win when they should lose. dang we are going to go far.
We own Farley and UNI; they've never beaten us.

yup that is a fact. I worry tho that UNI will beat ewu and we won't get to kick ewu's ass at wgs like I predicted a long time ago......I believe you said it would not happen at wgs when I stated it. UNI has beaten teams they shouldn't have and turned around and lost to teams they should beat which is why said they are scary...

kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
We got absolutely dicked not being seeded ahead of Villanova and Sac.
No we didn't. You sound like an EWU fan.

How do you put a team with wins over Washington and MSU over a team where their only good win is against us with a backup QB?

All this proves is that strength of schedule doesn’t mean shit to the committee. And that’s really nice for some teams in a league that doesn’t play everyone.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
The Cats can easily go on a run on that side of the bracket. This regionalization creates such an unbalanced bracket.

We got absolutely dicked not being seeded ahead of Villanova and Sac.

THIS!!!!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

How do you put a team with wins over Washington and MSU over a team where their only good win is against us with a backup QB?

All this proves is that strength of schedule doesn’t mean shit to the committee. And that’s really nice for some teams in a league that doesn’t play everyone.

Been awhile here, boys! Last time I came here you guys wanted to kick us out of the conference a few decades ago.

Just had to comment on this.

So Sac State went undefeated in conference with the schedule they were given, won the regular season championship, went into Montana and beat the Griz for the first time ever head-to-head in their building, and yet the Griz should have gotten a higher seed? I'm more amazed you don't see how truly bonkers your argument is.

Montana may indeed be the better team in the end, but they did not in fact deserve a higher seed for their regular season play. Quit whining.

StingersUp said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Been awhile here, boys! Last time I came here you guys wanted to kick us out of the conference a few decades ago.

So Sac State went undefeated in conference with the schedule they were given, won the regular season championship, went into Montana and beat the Griz for the first time ever head-to-head in their building, and yet the Griz should have gotten a higher seed? I'm more amazed you don't see how truly bonkers your argument is.

Montana may indeed be the better team in the end, but they did not in fact deserve a higher seed for their regular season play. Quit whining.

We have better wins and more of them. You beat us with our backup freshman QB. We beat a ranked FBS school. You won the conference where everyone doesn’t play each other.

StingersUp said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

We have better wins and more of them. You beat us with our backup freshman QB. We beat a ranked FBS school. You won the conference where everyone doesn’t play each other.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

What this means is actually winning your conference carries some weight also. It doesn't mean that SOS isn't a factor, just look at UNI.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

You are starting to sound a little EWUish.

StingersUp said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I agree with you. In fact, I cheered during the selection show when Sac State got the 4 seed. I thought the pollsters disrespected Sac all season long. Good luck!

'68griz said:
StingersUp said:

I agree with you. In fact, I cheered during the selection show when Sac State got the 4 seed. I thought the pollsters disrespected Sac all season long. Good luck!

the 4 seed is exactly where Sac should have ended up.

Walkon79 said:
'68griz said:

the 4 seed is exactly where Sac should have ended up.
++++

BadlandsGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

And it means beating a Power 5 opponent, contributing to getting their HC fired, ain't worth squat either.

StingersUp said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Sac State deserved the 4 seed this year. Best of luck in the playoffs!
Go Griz!

HelenaHandBasket said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I mean I also think EWU got screwed so there is that. Tho their losses were both at home late so that hurt them. I love the FCS playoffs but the bracket is just really bad and unfair every year. Regionalization in many cases is discretionary and it makes dumb matchups in the second round. There’s a lot to bitch about but I’m excited to see what this team can do. It’s a gauntlet ahead.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I mean I also think EWU got screwed so there is that. Tho their losses were both at home late so that hurt them. I love the FCS playoffs but the bracket is just really bad and unfair every year. Regionalization in many cases is discretionary and it makes dumb matchups in the second round. There’s a lot to bitch about but I’m excited to see what this team can do. It’s a gauntlet ahead.

The Griz didn't get the 6 seed because of regionalization. They did get the winner of EWU/UNI because of it though.

I think all the Home teams win this weekend except

Stephen F Austin will go on the road and beat Incarnate Word in a very high scoring game.

Announcer kind of sounds like Peter Christian flew to Worcester for a few extra bucks calling this Holy Cross game.

Been a long time since I've seen two more futile offenses: Sacred Heart 144, yards; Holy Cross, 135 after a half of wandering around out there.

Back