• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Week 0 Games

If SFA is truly the #10 team in the country then it’s really about a 4-horse race for 2nd this year.

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
Did any one else hear the guy in the booth say

"Put your favorite condom on"

BAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

https://twitter.com/FTBeard7/status/1563601527364669440

And eat it! BAHAHHAHAHAHHA

So one of those flavored condoms.

AZGrizFan said:
If SFA is truly the #10 team in the country then it’s really about a 4-horse race for 2nd this year.

SFA is just out of the train wreck that is the Southland. They were always the northern Iowa of that conference. In no other reality were they #10 in the nation.

I was busy cutting hay all day, how did SFA look against transitioning JSU? Also, flash in the pan for UNLV or is ISU truly truly that bad?

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SFA is just out of the train wreck that is the Southland. They were always the northern Iowa of that conference. In no other reality were they #10 in the nation.
Yep. Ending that game due to "lightning in the area" qualifies as a mercy killing. It could clearly have been much worse.

dupuyer griz said:
I was busy cutting hay all day, how did SFA look against transitioning JSU? Also, flash in the pan for UNLV or is ISU truly truly that bad?

ISU is bad. Their QB had some moments, and they do have a couple of decent receivers. Their defense...awful.

IdaGriz01 said:
SoldierGriz said:
Yep. Ending that game due to "lightning in the area" qualifies as a mercy killing. It could clearly have been much worse.
It happened that we recorded this game (in addition to looking in now and then). So this evening we watched it, just to see what happened. Except for some early points scored on turnovers, this could have been much, much worse for SFA. After those early jitters, J-State just walked through the SFA defense. My impression was that they could run at will. However, the stats were actually more even than I thought: 285 rushing, 199 passing ... still high on the run, but not as much as I expected. If SFA can't tighten up their D, they're in for a long, unhappy season.

Paytonlives said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Ouch! Just, ouch.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ason-opener-north-carolina-eligibility-issues

I suspect: Those picky rules about going to class!
Heard on a podcast that it was transfers that did not get everything done and Spring classes that were failed.
Screams that the University and athletic offices were sleeping or non existent... Could you imagine the uproar in Missoula if this happened?
If this article is accurate, it appears that the program screwed up big time. Not failed classes, but classes missed because the players didn't know they needed them.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ncies-athletic-department-led-ineligibilities.

Latest posts

Back