• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Beers to Try Before I Die

CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Tried to provide variety. Failed.

1. Beachwood/Stone/Heretic - Unapologetic IPA
2. Riip Brewing - Billy the Redbeard
3. Lagunitas - Shut-Down Ale (just for the story)
4. Russian River - Pliny the Elder
5. Russian River - Pliny the Younger

Had Pliny the Elder a few weeks ago. You'd move it up to #1 on your list. Smoothest IPA I've ever had. Lagunitas' Shut Down is another great one too.

Totally. I wasn't going in order of merit. Elder might be my favorite beer ever.
I like the idea of sharing the best beer you have ever enjoyed (especially brewed outside the US). How do you buy a Ptiny or a Laguntas etc? I really have no idea what the 5 beers I need to enjoy before I die so I appreciate some thoughts. Great off season post Everett. .

NativeGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Tried to provide variety. Failed.

1. Beachwood/Stone/Heretic - Unapologetic IPA
2. Riip Brewing - Billy the Redbeard
3. Lagunitas - Shut-Down Ale (just for the story)
4. Russian River - Pliny the Elder
5. Russian River - Pliny the Younger

Had Pliny the Elder a few weeks ago. You'd move it up to #1 on your list. Smoothest IPA I've ever had. Lagunitas' Shut Down is another great one too.

Totally. I wasn't going in order of merit. Elder might be my favorite beer ever.
I like the idea of sharing the best beer you have ever enjoyed (especially brewed outside the US). How do you buy a Ptiny or a Laguntas etc? I really have no idea what the 5 beers I need to enjoy before I die so I appreciate some thoughts. Great off season post Everett. .

So, first, I believe all of the beers I listed are brewed in the US (maybe even all in California). You can order Pliny the Elder in bottles from many places online if you're not in a locale that has it on tap. The Lagunitas is available everywhere as far as I know.

Live from Bozeman

huge_bud_light_fan5bbc56.jpg

df0d7e7e9062738eab027fa40e2450d3.jpg

I've had the Westy 12 so my 5
would be.

Pliny the Younger
3 Floyds Dark Lord
Cantillon
Carton Brewing - Regular Coffee
Anything from The Rare Barrel

CDAGRIZ said:
NativeGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

So, first, I believe all of the beers I listed are brewed in the US (maybe even all in California). You can order Pliny the Elder in bottles from many places online if you're not in a locale that has it on tap. The Lagunitas is available everywhere as far as I know.

Where do you find Pliny online??

I really want to try Headytopper, but that's a pretty rare bird to try to find. Had the Firestone Walker XX anniversary beer a couple weeks ago, that's a wonderful beer. Picked up their Agrestic a couple weeks ago. PolsonGrizz took me to Cascade Brewery when we were in Portland a couple years ago.. god damn, might be my favorite brewery if you like barrel aged sours. You can find their stuff at Total Wine. Really like Ten Fidy from Oskar Blues. I want to try more Brew Dogs, but they're tough to find. Had Supplication from Russian River (still have one more bottle).. man, what a great beer. Might be my favorite ever. My beer collection is getting a little out of control.

MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NativeGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I really want to try Headytopper, but that's a pretty rare bird to try to find. Had the Firestone Walker XX anniversary beer a couple weeks ago, that's a wonderful beer. Picked up their Agrestic a couple weeks ago. PolsonGrizz took me to Cascade Brewery when we were in Portland a couple years ago.. god damn, might be my favorite brewery if you like barrel aged sours. You can find their stuff at Total Wine. Really like Ten Fidy from Oskar Blues. I want to try more Brew Dogs, but they're tough to find. Had Supplication from Russian River (still have one more bottle).. man, what a great beer. Might be my favorite ever. My beer collection is getting a little out of control.
Cascade beers are legit.

MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NativeGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Now that I look, I'm not sure where one could get the Elder online. Have you had Consecration? It might rival Supplication in my view.

CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NativeGriz said:

Now that I look, I'm not sure where one could get the Elder online. Have you had Consecration? It might rival Supplication in my view.

I haven't, but I really want to.

kemajic said:
What a bunch of beer snobs.....

This post poured with a thick head that settled perfectly laced. It smelled bready and doughy with loads of bright tropical fruit and citrusy notes of passionfruit, guava, mango, peach, papaya, grapefruit, orange peel, with floral earthy herbal grass and dank resinous pine. It tasted like passionfruit, guava, mango, peach, papaya, grapefruit, orange peel, some bready malts, and finished with sort of an oaky afterbirth.

Ones I've had and recommend:
1. Pliny the Elder
2. Modern Times City of the Sun (San Diego brewery.....pretty much all their stuff is top notch)
3. Bell's Two Hearted
4. Alpine Pure Hoppiness
5. New Glarus Scream (Spotted Cow gets the press, but this is the better beer IMO)

...I could list a ton of other great beers too....3 Floyds, Toppling Goliath, O'Dells, Surly, Half Acre....all have some great beers

Five I want to try:
1. Pliny the Younger
2. Russian River Blind Pig
3. Heady Topper
4. Tree House Julius
5. Toppling Goliath King Sue

There are some online places in California that ship beer....I've used Best Damn Beer Shop and have great luck getting some really good beers.

Trading on Reddit is also another decent way to net some good beer.

'68griz said:
I don't care what the beer is, I don't drink it if I can see through it.
:clap:
Sorry if I'm not sure what the OP was looking for but my best 5:
Black Butte Porter
Backwoods Pecan Porter
Coldsmoke
Whipsaw Hoot Owl
Bale Breaker (any tap handle will do)

Black Eagle Brewery in G-falls (technically Black Eagle). they do some cool experiments with nitros. also you can't beat the $2 pints and $5 growler fills for the beer of the month!

Back