• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAME DAY THREAD - Pokey

get'em_griz said:
Did they change the rules for targeting? Because Cotton did not lead with the crown or top of his helmet. The helmets didn't even come into contact.

Shoulder to the head is also targeting. Bullshit it that’s the way it is anymore in college. Hard hits are targeting. Only titty bumping allowed anymore

Targeting can also be when a player hits the other player in the head with his arm. However that was clearly incidental since the Idaho player was being tackled and was going down and then as cotton came in and intended to hit him with his shoulder pads, the other player was already too far down and he just happened to hit the helmet with his arm. That replay official needs glasses.

get'em_griz said:
Did they change the rules for targeting? Because Cotton did not lead with the crown or top of his helmet. The helmets didn't even come into contact.

Yes. It’s any forceable contact to the head or neck area now.

At this point in football the QB may as well just under throw every receiver down field. All the WR has to do is stop and look like he can’t get back to the ball.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:

You know how many games I've watched this year that someone has been tackled the exact same and nothing got called? Do they want to cuddle the other players or what? Football is turning into a sissy sport

get'em_griz said:

part of the targeting rule:

Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

I understand the need for the targeting rule, but they've taken it too far. Now anytime an offensive player is being tackled by a defensive player and in the process of going to the ground and another defensive player joins in on the tackle, any incidental contact to the head of the first player is going to be called as targeting. That's ridiculous.

Targeting was correct. Had Cotton not extended his elbow to the WRs helmet, it wouldn't had been called. I doubt Hauxk will disagree with call.

Similar to shooting fouls in basketball, if you extend you're swat down, instead of keeping your arms up, it's going to be called. Man, some of us are homers..

Do they want to cuddle the other players or what? Football is turning into a sissy sport

My first thought was that you meant "coddle" but I guess cuddle works as well. Come on refs, get in there and cuddle with those wide recievers.

Griz Addict said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

You know how many games I've watched this year that someone has been tackled the exact same and nothing got called? Do they want to cuddle the other players or what? Football is turning into a sissy sport

I know man. I agree. Also big sky refs. I just accept it for what is and try not getting too pissed anymore.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
At this point in football the QB may as well just under throw every receiver down field. All the WR has to do is stop and look like he can’t get back to the ball.

Dude, if the DB gets his own head turned towards the ball, the flag isn't an obvious flag. Again, something the defender could've controlled. PI call was correct.

Back