• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good Luck!

You folks are all being too dreamy and nice in this philosophy started by Bear Spray. If the kittens advance even one bracket spot the next 2 weeks over the Griz, they will be insufferable for football eternity! Pile that on top of beating us for 4 years (quite a streak, yuk,yuk!) And this fan base will blow up. So, no....come back to your senses, people!

SaskGriz said:
Swimming upstream on this thread but I hope the Cats lose by 35 or 1. I'm a rugby guy so I'll have a beer with you after the game but in terms of cheering for my rival pre game, that's not on. I had the Cats as 2 or 3 win team this year but I'm willing to admit they are one of the top teams in the FCS (they kicked our ass, so I will eat crow on that). I think they have a chance to beat the Bison and make the chipper. That being said, back to point one, I hope they lose.

Out there with you then

RABIDAWG said:
You folks are all being too dreamy and nice in this philosophy started by Bear Spray. If the kittens advance even one bracket spot the next 2 weeks over the Griz, they will be insufferable for football eternity! Pile that on top of beating us for 4 years (quite a streak, yuk,yuk!) And this fan base will blow up. So, no....come back to your senses, people!

Yep, and is it just me or does it seem like the bozeman team has benefitted from; first, the easiest schedule in the BSC?; second, one of the easiest schedules in all of FCS football; and third, the luckiest playoff draw ever?

I'd also note getting the NCAA to shift this weeks game to friday because of 'winter graduation' is genius. AP played late Saturday in Sac, flew back to Nashville overnight, now has to play in bozo on friday. Brutal travel. Key element of luckiest draw ever.

Strength of schedule for remaining teams (Sagarin)

1) Montana 135
2) Mormons 138
3) No. Iowa 141
4) Fargoes 157
5) Illinois St. 159
6) Declawed Bitches 163
7) James Madison 166
8) Austin Peay 203

mcg said:
RABIDAWG said:

Yep, and is it just me or does it seem like the bozeman team has benefitted from; first, the easiest schedule in the BSC?; second, one of the easiest schedules in all of FCS football; and third, the luckiest playoff draw ever?

I'd also note getting the NCAA to shift this weeks game to friday because of 'winter graduation' is genius. AP played late Saturday in Sac, flew back to Nashville overnight, now has to play in bozo on friday. Brutal travel. Key element of luckiest draw ever.

Yeah....losing to the kitties has its consequences. I'd rather have their bracket.

stubbins said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Bear Spray said:
... There's a lot of (up with) Montana boys on that western MT team....and a lot to root for. Go Griz! We're both 2 games away from an epic game.......and that's never happened. Dream big!
Would hate to try to develop odds on an all-Montana Nattie at this point ... but that would be other-worldly.
You're the numbers guy! give us the odds!
Okay, I finally couldn’t stand it. Challenge accepted. ;)

Luckily, I can take a page from the “real” oddsmakers, who don’t explain how they get their numbers either. However, I will say that an upset of either NDSU or JMU (or both) this weekend would change the odds dramatically. So we’ll deal only with the tougher road … both Montana teams on the road for the semifinals.

By my rigorous, and highly precise, reckoning … the odd are 231.5 to 1 against an all-Montana championship game. For those of you who are into fractions, that about a 0.43% chance for it to happen.

Sadly, because it is “just” FCS football, I doubt you can find a bookie to take your money if they are quoting longer odds against the matchup.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
stubbins said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Bear Spray said:
... There's a lot of (up with) Montana boys on that western MT team....and a lot to root for. Go Griz! We're both 2 games away from an epic game.......and that's never happened. Dream big!
Would hate to try to develop odds on an all-Montana Nattie at this point ... but that would be other-worldly.
You're the numbers guy! give us the odds!
Okay, I finally couldn’t stand it. Challenge accepted. ;)

Luckily, I can take a page from the “real” oddsmakers, who don’t explain how they get their numbers either. However, I will say that an upset of either NDSU or JMU (or both) this weekend would change the odds dramatically. So we’ll deal only with the tougher road … both Montana teams on the road for the semifinals.

By my rigorous, and highly precise, reckoning … the odd are 231.5 to 1 against an all-Montana championship game. For those of you who are into fractions, that about a 0.43% chance for it to happen.

Sadly, because it is “just” FCS football, I doubt you can find a bookie to take your money if they are quoting longer odds against the matchup.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

Dillon said:
Ursa Major said:
Dillon said:
mtgriz said:
Doesn’t Shelby have a 100,000 seat stadium?
Jack Dempsey fight if I'm not mistaken!

Jack Dumpey's full of shit!
Don't know who Jack Dumpey is but Jack Dempsey fought Tommy Gibbons on July 4th, 1923 in Shelby Montana for the heavyweight title.

My Dad grew up in Cut Bank. In July 1923 he was 7 years old. His Dad went looking for him one day, but he thought he was in trouble so he hid. His Dad was actually looking for him to take him to see the fight! So he missed out on a slice of Montana history.

Back