• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas State unsettled at starting quarterback for Wyoming

SAN MARCOS - Meeting the media on Monday for the first time since Texas State's 41-7 season-opening loss at Texas A&M, Bobcats coach pointed to one thing in particular that doomed them: Turnovers.

Read in Austin American-Statesman: https://apple.news/Ab1HrFfNfQ7CgXuwxmZsazw

Wait, wait, wait... I was told on good authority, well okay, not good, it was PR, but still... that Gresch was afraid to compete.

And this entire thread was in response to a rumor that he had quit Texas State and was transferring to MSU because he clearly left UM only because he was afraid to compete and would quit if he wasn’t named the starter...

59106Griz said:
Anyone hearing rumors about Gresch Jensen transferring to MSU? I heard today that he was in Bozeman and no longer with Texas State as of a couple days ago. It would make sense as the Memphis QB transferred to Texas State 4 days ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.underdogdynasty.com/platform/amp/2019/8/13/20803028/texas-state-lands-memphis-tigers-transfer-brady-mcbride-bobcats-coppell-sun-belt

How could this be, then? He wasn’t named the starter, didn’t quit, and competed well enough to play most of the A&M game? And played so well that the starting QB position is still up for grabs?

It’s only weird because none of those things would be possible if any of the rumors and smears that have been made about him on this “fan” site were actually true.

Now I know this is a stretch, but maybe, just maybe, all those self-proclaimed experts and insiders that helped to spread those rumors to trash his reputation should just give the kid the benefit of the doubt, wish him well, and stop being petty little, self-important a-holes?

I do wish him well. Great kid, great athlete.

I'm not certain why he left. What was the real reason? I guess we've already hears the rumors.

signedbewildered said:

I'm not certain why he left. What was the real reason? I guess we've already hears the rumors.

I agree ^^^ and hope he wins the starting spot.

Go Griz.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Wait, wait, wait... I was told on good authority, well okay, not good, it was PR, but still... that Gresch was afraid to compete.

And this entire thread was in response to a rumor that he had quit Texas State and was transferring to MSU because he clearly left UM only because he was afraid to compete and would quit if he wasn’t named the starter...

59106Griz said:
Anyone hearing rumors about Gresch Jensen transferring to MSU? I heard today that he was in Bozeman and no longer with Texas State as of a couple days ago. It would make sense as the Memphis QB transferred to Texas State 4 days ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.underdogdynasty.com/platform/amp/2019/8/13/20803028/texas-state-lands-memphis-tigers-transfer-brady-mcbride-bobcats-coppell-sun-belt

How could this be, then? He wasn’t named the starter, didn’t quit, and competed well enough to play most of the A&M game? And played so well that the starting QB position is still up for grabs?

It’s only weird because none of those things would be possible if any of the rumors and smears that have been made about him on this “fan” site were actually true.

Now I know this is a stretch, but maybe, just maybe, all those self-proclaimed experts and insiders that helped to spread those rumors to trash his reputation should just give the kid the benefit of the doubt, wish him well, and stop being petty little, self-important a-holes?

Where did I ever say he was afraid to compete?

Maybe posters like yourself should quit making up stuff.

PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

59106Griz said:

PlayerRep said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
I realize there are all kinds of assumptions as to why he left Montana in the first place but I will always have trouble with a player who finds out he isn't starting and leave the team. The Washington QB did the same thing. If I'm not #1 I am out of here. It is a long season and Jensen of all people should know that things change and his number could be called. Same with the Washington QB, it was himself and the guy who transferred in were the only two with game experience. He could of taken over the position at half time against EWU because the starter was ineffective. People are elevating themselves in importance over a team effort. But that's just me and I am sure there are a lot of people who disagree or will say he had not choice because he wasn't being treated fairly.

I agree. There may also be legitimate other reasons for the transfer, but your view and mine line up in the first instance.

While the Montana kid was in a different position, because he was going into his last year of eligibility, he would have played at UM had he stayed. If I'm thinking right, it was the year JJ couldn't play. Obviously, correct me if I mis-remembered. Don't have time to look up now.

PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
Neither of the two UM transfers were vying for the starting position when they left. Sneed had already been moved to receiver, or was playing some receiver.

Obviously he didn't want to play receiver. He started some games at UNLV at QB. The point is I don't blame any kid for transferring if he doesn't think he is going to play. Jensen is a good QB and all I have heard is a good kid but there probably was no doubt in his mind he would sit behind Sneed for two years. He played well as a red shirt freshman and I am sure it was tough to lose your spot and the coach that brought you there. Bobby brought his guy (which he has the right to do) and Jensen probably saw the writing on the wall. It is all completely understandable to me.

Yup, I agree. It’s the kid’s decision. I am fine with what they do and decide. However, if I were a coach or player on the team, I wouldn’t want a player or teammate who is more dedicated to himself than the team. If they don’t want to stay and compete, for whatever reason, it is fine or good that they go. I want a player or teammate who’s heart is into it.

Work is a bit different, but I feel somewhat the same there too.

Our two transfer qb’s left after fall seasons, I believe. The two mentioned left after spring ball and after fall pre-season. Another difference.

I am fine that Jensen is not here, and one receiver I talked to last summer, was fine with too. “If he doesn’t want to stay and compete, he should go. We don’t need someone like that as a teammate. Good luck to him.”

So you posted it to egriz but also never said it?

Hell, you took the time to explain why in your mind it was ok for Sneed to transfer out of UNLV but not okay for Gresch to transfer out of UM. 🙄

Seriously, PR. It’s okay to have an opinion, just have the balls to stand by your opinion when people poke holes in it.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

59106Griz said:

PlayerRep said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
I realize there are all kinds of assumptions as to why he left Montana in the first place but I will always have trouble with a player who finds out he isn't starting and leave the team. The Washington QB did the same thing. If I'm not #1 I am out of here. It is a long season and Jensen of all people should know that things change and his number could be called. Same with the Washington QB, it was himself and the guy who transferred in were the only two with game experience. He could of taken over the position at half time against EWU because the starter was ineffective. People are elevating themselves in importance over a team effort. But that's just me and I am sure there are a lot of people who disagree or will say he had not choice because he wasn't being treated fairly.

I agree. There may also be legitimate other reasons for the transfer, but your view and mine line up in the first instance.

While the Montana kid was in a different position, because he was going into his last year of eligibility, he would have played at UM had he stayed. If I'm thinking right, it was the year JJ couldn't play. Obviously, correct me if I mis-remembered. Don't have time to look up now.

PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
Neither of the two UM transfers were vying for the starting position when they left. Sneed had already been moved to receiver, or was playing some receiver.

Obviously he didn't want to play receiver. He started some games at UNLV at QB. The point is I don't blame any kid for transferring if he doesn't think he is going to play. Jensen is a good QB and all I have heard is a good kid but there probably was no doubt in his mind he would sit behind Sneed for two years. He played well as a red shirt freshman and I am sure it was tough to lose your spot and the coach that brought you there. Bobby brought his guy (which he has the right to do) and Jensen probably saw the writing on the wall. It is all completely understandable to me.

Yup, I agree. It’s the kid’s decision. I am fine with what they do and decide. However, if I were a coach or player on the team, I wouldn’t want a player or teammate who is more dedicated to himself than the team. If they don’t want to stay and compete, for whatever reason, it is fine or good that they go. I want a player or teammate who’s heart is into it.

Our two transfer qb’s left after fall seasons, I believe. The two mentioned left after spring ball and after fall pre-season. Another difference.

I am fine that Jensen is not here, and one receiver I talked to last summer, was fine with too. “If he doesn’t want to stay and compete, he should go. We don’t need someone like that as a teammate. Good luck to him.”

Hell, you took the time to explain why in your mind it was ok for Sneed to transfer out of UNLV but not okay for Gresch to transfer out of UM. 🙄

Seriously, PR. It’s okay to have an opinion, just have the balls to stand by your opinion when people poke holes in it.

I said nothing about why Jensen left. I didn’t and don’t know.

I said I agreed with Idaho and others that I liked certain kinds of players. I said nothing about Jensen or why he left.

In the other post, I said what a starter on the team said. It wasn’t what I knew about Jensen. It was what the teammate said.

As I told you, I haven’t said anything about why Jensen left.

You need to learn how to read.

signedbewildered said:

The two players that I know both said about the same thing re. Jensen's departure. Jensen was basically lost when Stitt was fired. He took it personally and just played out the rest of the year before moving on. It would have taken a lot of love from the new coach for him to get motivated to stay on and that isn't coming from BH, particularly since he brought in his own guy. Who happens to be outstanding.

He is unlikely to leave Texas St. unless Stitt leaves Texas St. I expect him to do well there, particularly as he is maturing. And we know Stitt is far better suited to apply his skills to OC than he was D1 HC.

PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

PlayerRep said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:

I said I agreed with Idaho and others that I liked certain kinds of players. I said nothing about Jensen or why he left.

In the other post, I said what a starter on the team said. It wasn’t what I knew about Jensen. It was what the teammate said.

Geezus, he pointed out, with your own words, a lie or at the very least a misleading implication and you turn it around and accuse him of bad reading comprehension. You really are a good lawyer, maybe not the most ethical but certainly a game debater.

indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

PlayerRep said:

PlayerRep said:

Geezus, he pointed out, with your own words, a lie or at the very least a misleading implication and you turn it around and accuse him of bad reading comprehension. You really are a good lawyer, maybe not the most ethical but certainly a game debater.

Nope. I quoted what a player had said. You understand what quotation marks mean, right? I said I agreed generally with Idaho in that he and I liked players would compete. I said nothing about why Jensen left and whether he did or didn't want to compete. In fact, I also noted that he may well have had legitimate reasons for leaving. I think everything I know about Jensen the reasons for Jensen leaving is what I read on egriz, or newspaper articles.

You too need to learn to read.

PR on fire today.

c8219f78-3c5f-466d-9456-ef12be698699_text_hi.gif

Some posters take pride in being petty little, self-important a-holes?
It's mean spirited, rude and extremely offensive if others don't condone the behavior

Last I checked this forum is about Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS.... :coffee:

Mods, let's close up this disaster of a thread already....

MTGRZ said:
Last I checked this forum is about Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS.... :coffee:

Mods, let's close up this disaster of a thread already....

So, Jensen who played for the Griz, is something that should not be discussed on egriz anymore? So, Mods, if that's your view, then please enforce this with every future thread mentioning Jensen.

Mods, another thought. Don't listen to posters who make dumb suggestions like this.

How can people be so anal?

PlayerRep said:
So, Jensen who played for the Griz, is something that should not be discussed on egriz anymore?

Well, he is neither Montana Grizzly nor FCS, so how about taking the Gresch talk to the appropriate place. Seems that would be either Locker Room or The Bench.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
So, Jensen who played for the Griz, is something that should not be discussed on egriz anymore?

Well, he is neither Montana Grizzly nor FCS, so how about taking the Gresch talk to the appropriate place. Seems that would be either Locker Room or The Bench.

antiviralgray.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back