• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ v psu GAMEDAY

grizband said:
grizonbob said:
UM ought to park Pridgett under the basket so he can get two rebounds and get a triple double...

When was the last time a Griz had a triple double?
Kareem Jamar had a triple double (21,11,11) against against Hawaii in 2012. It was the first Griz triple double in 30 years.

https://missoulian.com/college/griz/montana-s-jamar-honored-by-big-sky-conference/article_3003d99c-5c12-11e1-ade3-0019bb2963f4.html

Wow, for 30 years.... tells you what a great game Pridgett had tonight.

And what a number of excellent games he's had so far this year.

Well, it was more hard fought, but what a great game they played! So nice to see Mack and DJ continue playing well! I wasn't so sure how this season was going to go, but these young kids have arrived early, it seems! It feels like they are now finally comfortable with each other and knowing their roles. I imagine that came a bit after the loss to NCU and the coaches talked with them about their roles and offensive expectations. They've really come to life the last two games! Fun to watch!

CleanHOUSE said:
CleanHOUSE said:
grizonbob said:
UM ought to park Pridgett under the basket so he can get two rebounds and get a triple double...

When was the last time a Griz had a triple double?

Kareem Jamar, the OG version of Pridgett lol

Actually DCH reminded me of Jamar right away from game one, same body type but more hops

I feel the same way. DCH is a slightly more explosive Jamar. A pretty frightening notion for opposing big sky teams the next 3 1/2 years

PeauxRouge said:
Well, it was more hard fought, but what a great game they played! So nice to see Mack and DJ continue playing well! I wasn't so sure how this season was going to go, but these young kids have arrived early, it seems! It feels like they are now finally comfortable with each other and knowing their roles. I imagine that came a bit after the loss to NCU and the coaches talked with them about their roles and offensive expectations. They've really come to life the last two games! Fun to watch!
Griz shot really well in all phases, with a ton of assists. Shows they're getting good at finding the guy who has the best shot opportunity. Vikes tried 11 treys ... did not make one, according to the ESPN box. Not sure what to make of that.

Something I've noticed before but really stood out to me today was Pridgett using dead balls as an opportunity to coach up the young guys. On separate occasions he talked with Kyle Owens, Mack Amderson, and DCH. Gotta love seeing that level of leadership on the floor.

HookedonGriz said:
Maynardsgametrail said:
New dude on the Griz bench. Seems about 6’8”. Big kid. No, it’s not Gaskin, Steadman or Briceno. Anyone know who he is?

Heard some whispers of a transfer we got. Must be him. No other details

I am guessing, Darius Henderson, 6'8" 230 lbs from UMASS Lowell.

mtgrizrule said:
HookedonGriz said:
Maynardsgametrail said:
New dude on the Griz bench. Seems about 6’8”. Big kid. No, it’s not Gaskin, Steadman or Briceno. Anyone know who he is?

Yes correct we cleared it up earlier in this thread. I heard it was a transfer from Umass (not Umass Lowell) so i thought it was Sy

Grizbballfan14 said:
Something I've noticed before but really stood out to me today was Pridgett using dead balls as an opportunity to coach up the young guys. On separate occasions he talked with Kyle Owens, Mack Amderson, and DCH. Gotta love seeing that level of leadership on the floor.

He also is getting the younger players involved with his passing. He's now among the assists leaders in the conference. He could probably be scoring 25+ a game, but he's making sure his teammates are getting the ball because he knows that's what best for the success of the Griz.

IdaGriz01 said:
PeauxRouge said:
Griz shot really well in all phases, with a ton of assists. Shows they're getting good at finding the guy who has the best shot opportunity. Vikes tried 11 treys ... did not make one, according to the ESPN box. Not sure what to make of that.
They air balled like 4 of them too.

HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
HookedonGriz said:
Maynardsgametrail said:

Yes correct we cleared it up earlier in this thread. I heard it was a transfer from Umass (not Umass Lowell) so i thought it was Sy
I see that now. Hadn't read the whole thread, when I 1st responded. Trying to slowly get back into egriz. Basketball Forum is much easier to do so. For the most part, the Basketball side of things is friendlier and not as extreme. Before someone messes with that opinion, I thank all the basketball diehards here.

Back to the transfer, looks like DeCuire is addressing the size problem. Next year we will have plenty of size and depth: Steadman, Henderson, Anderson, Yagi (is he still a little injured?), Owens, Carter Hollinger, plus the 6'9" Aussie.

Speaking of Carter Hollinger, he is maturing so rapidly. At the beginning of the year, I commented that I wanted to see how his perimeter/ 3 pt shooting is. He has answered that question, with terrific results. He actually is pretty effective out to the 3 pt line. He's such and efficient scorer and rebounder. Now, let's get Owens in the flow. Vasquez, shoulder appears to be hampering his timing and release. His 1 3pt shot tonight against PSU, didn't look very smooth. I have a feeling, that should nag him all season.

How about the passing of Falls and Pridgett against EWU and Sac State? Those are the kind of individual assist numbers I have been referencing for a long time now. Having great ball distributors make an offense so much better. I have always like Falls passing and vision and Pridgett's vision. However, Pridgett is showing more creativity and touch on his passes than I thought he had. That is a sign of getting to know your teammates. That kind of passing sure makes easier for the likes of Anderson. Also, Manuel is getting more open looks. Even when he doesn't have open looks, he is creating space for himself, similar to how Pridgett does.

Every player is maturing, bettering their game, and contributing more, as the season progresses. All great signs for the GRIZ.

HookedonGriz said:
The confusion is probably between Sy at UMass and Darius at UMass Lowell. Both have similar size and abilities it seems and both obviously transferred mid year

https://goriverhawks.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/darius-henderson/5010

Sorry, when I saw the link for Sy, I just saw the Umass part of the link and figured it was the same guy.

Darius Henderson is the word on the street.

grizonbob said:
Grizbballfan14 said:

He also is getting the younger players involved with his passing. He's now among the assists leaders in the conference. He could probably be scoring 25+ a game, but he's making sure his teammates are getting the ball because he knows that's what best for the success of the Griz.

He's also upping his pro stock, with those kind of assist numbers to go with his already versatile game. I was wanting to see Cherry, Rorie, and Oguine better their passing numbers too. It really never happened for either. Averaging 6+ assists per game is something every PG, Point Forward should strive to achieve and keep the Assist to TO ratio at minimum of 2 to 1.

Jaredkuehn said:
HookedonGriz said:
The confusion is probably between Sy at UMass and Darius at UMass Lowell. Both have similar size and abilities it seems and both obviously transferred mid year

https://goriverhawks.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/darius-henderson/5010

Sorry, when I saw the link for Sy, I just saw the Umass part of the link and figured it was the same guy.

Darius Henderson is the word on the street.

Yes. Positive it's Darius Henderson. Confirmed by an authority. He registered for classes today.

Did anyone watch the SWX game broadcast? I saw Bobby Moorehead at the center court broadcast table with a headset on. I think he'd be an outstanding color analyst.

What happened to Peter Jones? I haven’t seen him on the bench in about a month.
For the past year and half, I’ve though Mac had his hands on backwards. He’s finally looking like he can play.
Timmy must have had 4 or 5 on the money behind the back passes.
DCH will be an MVP in a few years. Prigett Will be this year.
Samuelson looked like he had a bad limp in the first half. I don’t think he played in the second half.
Manuel finally took the lid off the bucket
We are playing as a team right now and it’s beautiful!

grizzlyjournal said:
Did anyone watch the SWX game broadcast? I saw Bobby Moorehead at the center court broadcast table with a headset on. I think he'd be an outstanding color analyst.

I watched the game on SWX. Moorehead did a good job as an analyst.

Earlier on the thread I inserted his observation about how DeCuire can be a tough taskmaster. He said the team manager used to bring seven clipboards on road trips because the coach could break so many slamming the clipboard down during games.

Yet, he said, players loved playing for him because they knew DeCuire's pressure was aimed at improving them as players and people.

Big Sage said:
What happened to Peter Jones? I haven’t seen him on the bench in about a month.
For the past year and half, I’ve though Mac had his hands on backwards. He’s finally looking like he can play.
Timmy must have had 4 or 5 on the money behind the back passes.
DCH will be an MVP in a few years. Prigett Will be this year.
Samuelson looked like he had a bad limp in the first half. I don’t think he played in the second half.
Manuel finally took the lid off the bucket
We are playing as a team right now and it’s beautiful!

I looked at the roster earlier tonight and noticed that Jones is no longer listed there

Back