• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ v psu GAMEDAY

grizzlyjournal said:
Welcome back to active posting, mtgrizrule! Your analysis and opinions are always valued here! :thumb:

Thank you. I'm cutting back a lot still. I admit, I really have missed posting about basketball. A little on football. Either way, will be keeping a lot to myself and off here. I'm not so much upset or disappointed in people questioning things. My issue is with how a few people go about it and what is said. Hope that makes sense. Now, time to start a new basketball thread.

Grizbballfan14 said:
Something I've noticed before but really stood out to me today was Pridgett using dead balls as an opportunity to coach up the young guys. On separate occasions he talked with Kyle Owens, Mack Amderson, and DCH. Gotta love seeing that level of leadership on the floor.

He's been doing it all year and the young guys seem to pay attention.

Great highlights of Sayeed & Timmy's dismantling of the PSU Vikings.

[media]https://twitter.com/quartzglen/status/1216967016017321984[/media]

A very nice win. And of course, being two games up in the win column over anyone else in the league doesn’t suck either.

Great games last night by Sayeed, Kendal Manuel and DCH. But also a shout out to Timmy Falls for his defense and assists. He had a lot to do with PSU going 0-11 from beyond the arc. Before the season began, I saw this as a rebuilding year, and figured we’d be a .600 ball club in conference. But Travis has these guys playing at a high level, and amazingly, alone at the top of the conference standings.

DeCuire coaches just like he played. He always made everyone around him better players, and he is still doing exactly that.

AllWeatherFan said:
Great games last night by Sayeed, Kendal Manuel and DCH. But also a shout out to Timmy Falls for his defense and assists. He had a lot to do with PSU going 0-11 from beyond the arc. Before the season began, I saw this as a rebuilding year, and figured we’d be a .600 ball club in conference. But Travis has these guys playing at a high level, and amazingly, alone at the top of the conference standings.

DeCuire coaches just like he played. He always made everyone around him better players, and he is still doing exactly that.

When you look at the stats for conference games only, Falls has a big lead in the assist-to-turnover ratio: 4.8-to-1. He has 24 assists in the 6 games with 5 turnovers. Falls is playing exciting ball, but playing more under control than he has in the past.

Radebaugh is 2nd with a 3.0 ratio.

https://static.bigskyconf.com/custompages/mbball/2019-20/confonly.htm

grizonbob said:
AllWeatherFan said:

When you look at the stats for conference games only, Falls has a big lead in the assist-to-turnover ratio: 4.8-to-1. He has 24 assists in the 6 games with 5 turnovers. Falls is playing exciting ball, but playing more under control than he has in the past.

Radebaugh is 2nd with a 3.0 ratio.

https://static.bigskyconf.com/custompages/mbball/2019-20/confonly.htm

Yes he sure is. But there are still a few too many of those "JFC-whatreyouTHINKINGTimmy-moments. :lol:

grizonbob said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Did anyone watch the SWX game broadcast? I saw Bobby Moorehead at the center court broadcast table with a headset on. I think he'd be an outstanding color analyst.

I watched the game on SWX. Moorehead did a good job as an analyst.

Earlier on the thread I inserted his observation about how DeCuire can be a tough taskmaster. He said the team manager used to bring seven clipboards on road trips because the coach could break so many slamming the clipboard down during games.

Yet, he said, players loved playing for him because they knew DeCuire's pressure was aimed at improving them as players and people.

I also watched the broadcast and enjoyed Moorehead's commentary. I like having past players comment and their perspectives. Also enjoyed Oguine previously. Who's next?

AllWeatherFan said:

Agree on all counts. Was hoping for 20 W's with the tough pre-conference slate and that looked iffy after the Tech letdown and Omaha. With the O starting to figure things out it's looking doable. If Vasquez and Owens can break out like DJ the best should be yet to come.

Last year with a veteran team I was always worried about them underperforming, it's been more enjoyable in a way seeing them improve and in some sense exceed expectations.

grizonbob said:
Big Sage said:
What happened to Peter Jones? I haven’t seen him on the bench in about a month.
For the past year and half, I’ve though Mac had his hands on backwards. He’s finally looking like he can play.
Timmy must have had 4 or 5 on the money behind the back passes.
DCH will be an MVP in a few years. Prigett Will be this year.
Samuelson looked like he had a bad limp in the first half. I don’t think he played in the second half.
Manuel finally took the lid off the bucket
We are playing as a team right now and it’s beautiful!

I looked at the roster earlier tonight and noticed that Jones is no longer listed there

I took a closer look at the roster today and see Jones is still listed there. Don't see how I missed it yesterday but I did... but still doesn't answer the question of what happened to him.

mtgrizrule said:
Back to the transfer, looks like DeCuire is addressing the size problem. Next year we will have plenty of size and depth: Steadman, Henderson, Anderson, Yagi (is he still a little injured?), Owens, Carter Hollinger, plus the 6'9" Aussie.

...a long time coming...
...a long time over due...
...playing above the rim...

... :cool: ...

Not sure what started it, but there is a little bit of interesting back and forth between Sayeed and Holland Woods on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7aHXUkgv-v/?igshid=1dgwc7ioidaz

ValleyGriz said:
Not sure what started it, but there is a little bit of interesting back and forth between Sayeed and Holland Woods on Instagram.

Funny, Sayeed has upped his social media game this season. I heard, he and EWU's Aiken were putting on quite a trash talking show, at EWU. If it's part of what drives you, then by all means, have at it.

mtgrizrule said:
ValleyGriz said:

Funny, Sayeed has upped his social media game this season. I heard, he and EWU's Aiken were putting on quite a trash talking show, at EWU. If it's part of what drives you, then by all means, have at it.

I love it. He isn't pulling any punches this year, on or off the court.

Grizbballfan14 said:
mtgrizrule said:
ValleyGriz said:

Only punches I've seen this year were in the Kansas/Kansas State game. :D

Zirg said:
Grizbballfan14 said:
mtgrizrule said:
ValleyGriz said:

Only punches I've seen this year were in the Kansas/Kansas State game. :D
I was amazed how quickly they got the chair out of the one kids hand. It almost seems to disappear right after he picks it up

Back