• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HB 112 barely passes second reading on the senate floor. Contact your legislator immediately

HelenaHandBasket said:
Dillon said:
Sounds like Bribery!

That is how I feel when the waitress tells me that if I want a burger I must put on my shirt.

As many of you know my family runs a banana stand in the summer months. We serve everyone and allow people the freedom to choose what they wear and how they act.

It’s like I told the county health board after they shut us down back in 2018 for not washing our hands after using the bathroom, we have the FREEDOM to act as we choose.

Think of us the next time you’re in the Treasure Valley. We serve the best hand-dipped chocolate covered banana in town!

AllWeatherFan said:
To me it’s just a time management issue. I mean, with the limited time available and all the pressing needs out there, shouldn’t the legislature focus on suppressing voters and making it easier for psychotic people to get assault rifles?

:lol: :lol: :clap:

AllWeatherFan said:
To me it’s just a time management issue. I mean, with the limited time available and all the pressing needs out there, shouldn’t the legislature focus on suppressing voters and making it easier for psychotic people to get assault rifles?

This.

Ursa Major said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
That is how I feel when the waitress tells me that if I want a burger I must put on my shirt.

As many of you know my family runs a banana stand in the summer months. We serve everyone and allow people the freedom to choose what they wear and how they act.

It’s like I told the county health board after they shut us down back in 2018 for not washing our hands after using the bathroom, we have the FREEDOM to act as we choose.

Think of us the next time you’re in the Treasure Valley. We serve the best hand-dipped chocolate covered banana in town!

You mailed that insurance check, didn’t you?

AllWeatherFan said:

what this dude said

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

You mailed that insurance check, didn’t you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine being someone who once thought all women's athletes were lesbians, found yourself against title IX, felt that women didn't deserve fair and equal pay because the women's game is inferior to mens, and then arrive at being anti-transgender athlete because it isn't fair or equitable to women. In case you are wondering , I'm describing most men over the age of 50 and currently a member of the Montana House and Senate arguing for this bill.

Dillon said:
griz4life said:
Just curious. How did June Eastwood do as a Griz runner? Rewrite the record books? All state? Slayed the NCAA tournament? Totally unbeatable? Thwarted by helicopter dads at every turn?
It's not what June did - it is what the next June may do! :roll:

Ya, people on here acting she’ll be the only one ever. Right now there is just a small crack in the damn but soon more and more will come out. How many publicly gay people were there back in the 50’s? How many now?

grizindabox said:
I just want to add this nugget. I am quite confident that all believe that this issue needs to be addressed, but many believe that this bill, at this time, is not the path towards a solution. People are very quick to shout about the disadvantages this will cause for one group, but what about the disadvantages this will force on another group.

No body freakin cares about that other group as long as we get our damn home playoff games!

Grizfan-24 said:
Imagine being someone who once thought all women's athletes were lesbians, found yourself against title IX, felt that women didn't deserve fair and equal pay because the women's game is inferior to mens, and then arrive at being anti-transgender athlete because it isn't fair or equitable to women. In case you are wondering , I'm describing most men over the age of 50 and currently a member of the Montana House and Senate arguing for this bill.

I have not heard anyone say they can't compete...they can compete their hearts out. I'd simply prefer my daughter not to have to compete against men. She's worthy of your compassion and empathy as well in my opinion.

There are plenty of examples of young women losing titles and opportunities to people born as men...just a Google search away.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigskyguy said:
Think of it this way!
https://caldronpool.com/two-biological-males-now-hold-15-womens-state-championship-titles-in-connecticut-female-athletes-fight-back/

Montana (where it’s currently allowed) has thousands, right?

It only took two in the above article.

alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:
It's not what June did - it is what the next June may do! :roll:

Ya, people on here acting she’ll be the only one ever. Right now there is just a small crack in the damn but soon more and more will come out. How many publicly gay people were there back in the 50’s? How many now?
So your thesis is there are more gay people today because we let them be gay? You would be gay but thankfully you didn't have the opportunity?

Griz til I die said:
It’s not bribery, it’s not blackmail, it’s politics. You’re telling me that no one here has ever emailed a politician about a concern you have? I have a hard time believing that. BTW I’m not a sexist old man, I’m 22 and absolutely am for women’s rights. Like I mentioned yesterday, with the exception of June Eastwood, I have never heard of another transgender woman compete in women’s sports. So if this almost never happens in MT, why are we potentially putting so much on the line here? I could understand if this was becoming a major problem, but it’s nowhere near a problem in MT. This isn’t California.

So for the record, besides making sure we get home football games, then after that you care about women’s rights.

SoldierGriz said:
Grizfan-24 said:

I have not heard anyone say they can't compete...they can compete their hearts out. I'd simply prefer my daughter not to have to compete against men. She's worthy of your compassion and empathy as well in my opinion.

There are plenty of examples of young women losing titles and opportunities to people born as men...just a Google search away.

I understand the perspective. As I noted elsewhere, my experience as a girls basketball and softball coach, your perspective isn't the one that bothers me. We might disagree, but I am entirely respectful of that viewpoint. However for most of those voicing their passionate stance for it aren't anywhere to be found when it comes to the myriad of other fairness and equity issues facing women athletes. Because for most it isn't about fairness or equity, it is about their narrow world view and how transgender people don't fit in it.

bigskyguy said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Montana (where it’s currently allowed) has thousands, right?

It only took two in the above article.

I see that the article is 2.5 years old, so I'm sure Connecticut has long since passed a law like the MT bill, right? Or did some private citizens file a civil lawsuit in federal court or something?

SaskGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
So your thesis is there are more gay people today because we let them be gay? You would be gay but thankfully you didn't have the opportunity?

No, I’m saying people weren’t publicly gay because it wasn’t socially acceptable. Going against the argument that there’s only been one transgender in Montana so it’s not a big deal. There will be more and it will be a bigger deal then people are thinking.

alabamagrizzly said:
Griz til I die said:
It’s not bribery, it’s not blackmail, it’s politics. You’re telling me that no one here has ever emailed a politician about a concern you have? I have a hard time believing that. BTW I’m not a sexist old man, I’m 22 and absolutely am for women’s rights. Like I mentioned yesterday, with the exception of June Eastwood, I have never heard of another transgender woman compete in women’s sports. So if this almost never happens in MT, why are we potentially putting so much on the line here? I could understand if this was becoming a major problem, but it’s nowhere near a problem in MT. This isn’t California.

So for the record, besides making sure we get home football games, then after that you care about women’s rights.
Jesus Christ :roll: I absolutely support women’s rights. The point I’m trying to make though is that the legislature is so gun ho on ramming through a bill on something that is a virtual non-issue in Montana, that they’re willing to put so much on the line.

Do you wanna know in all honesty what they should’ve done? They should’ve killed the bill, and then in the next 2 years leading up to the next session, we could’ve tried to sort things out with the NCAA, MUS and the federal government and then re-introduce the bill next session when they would have clearer idea of how to get around all of this. Instead, today they passed it on 3rd reading and now if Gianforte signs it, then we find ourselves in legal battle after legal battle. And I guarantee if they would’ve done that, we likely wouldn’t have seen any transgender athletes compete in the state of Montana in the next 2 years that it wouldn’t have been an issue and it would’ve bought us more time.

alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:

No, I’m saying people weren’t publicly gay because it wasn’t socially acceptable. Going against the argument that there’s only been one transgender in Montana so it’s not a big deal. There will be more and it will be a bigger deal then people are thinking.

I know what you're saying, and I really don't seek to insult or belittle those who hold that opinion because it's not deserved.

I think we can all agree that trans people in sports is not currently a big issue in MT, nor has it ever been. So, for me, it comes down to timing. Pass the bill now "just in case" and suffer the instant consequences, or maybe keep the status quo and see if it becomes something to address down the line. I want to add that I'm not denying that it could become something to address if (for example only) a bevvy of 6'5" jacked MT athletes transition to women for the purpose of sport. I'm just saying that we're not currently spending a lot of time passing laws that ban horses from playing darts (even though I'm terrified of it becoming a reality). Hope that makes sense. :thumb:

Back