• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HB 112 barely passes second reading on the senate floor. Contact your legislator immediately

In other words all these issues are ment to divide Americans in order to control America. Sad thing is it's working.

uofmman1122 said:
Three different threads on this subject, and still not a single proponent of this bill can explain why “in the spirit of protecting girls’ sports competition” forcing trans boys who have been on testosterone hormones for years to compete with girls because they are “biologically female” isn’t making the problem you’re trying to solve worse.

I can find just as many if not more instances of trans boys dominating girls sport because laws like these force them to compete against their “biological sex”.

This is a very interesting point.

We get it. For what is currently a small scale problem in Montana, instead of looking for solutions that can benefit everyone, a group wants to jump right to the most extreme position. These are the type of political actions that polarize the nation. Compromise has disappeared and middle America has to bow down to the extreme right and left.

SoldierGriz said:
Grizfan-24 said:
I understand the perspective. As I noted elsewhere, my experience as a girls basketball and softball coach, your perspective isn't the one that bothers me. We might disagree, but I am entirely respectful of that viewpoint. However for most of those voicing their passionate stance for it aren't anywhere to be found when it comes to the myriad of other fairness and equity issues facing women athletes. Because for most it isn't about fairness or equity, it is about their narrow world view and how transgender people don't fit in it.

I have worked my ass off advocating for young women and women's sports. I am part of an advisory committee working women's wrestling into the NCAA and it won't be long until we see D1 women's wrestling...I am also knee deep in the effort to get Stanford to reinstate the sports they plan on cutting. As part of that effort, we've raised enough money to fully endow the men's wrestling team....and START a fully endowed women's team.

I have also led thousands of Soldiers in and out of combat. Men are physically superior to women...the VAST majority of the time. That is not a knock on women...they CAN do the job.

I'd just prefer my 17 year old daughter run hurdles, pole vault, and run relays against other women. Fair play.

We aren't discussing the NCAA or the NFHS creating legislation that sets parameters. We are talking about state legislators passing laws banning transgendered athletes period. Full stop. Not because of any level of perceived fairness, but because of their absolute disgust with transgendered people in the first place. That is why we have not only the athletic ban but also the medical prohibition as well proposed in Montana. If there are specific rules and testing that needs to occur then so be it. Banning them from competing in their transitioned sex doesn't start the conversation, it ends it.

Let the NCAA and NFHS as organizational bodies as is the IOC is in the process of doing, create parameters and rules. That should be the conversation.

Let the NCAA and NFHS as organizational bodies as is the IOC is in the process of doing, create parameters and rules. That should be the conversation.

Agreed and fortunately there is a state process that could work in in conjunction to this approach. It is called a Legislative Interim Committee and is a time tested way to kick problematic cans down a long road. I saw this morning that the Governor's Office said it was going to "study this bill closely" which is political speak for we know that there are some other issues here. This is where the Bodners and Cruzados (and yes the PR's) of the business and academic world earn their pay because the Governor doesn't give a shit what is posted on egriz or bobcat nation. Hopefully they are earning their paychecks as type this. We shall see.

would this count that Alabama no longer can have bowl games?

https://www.outkick.com/alabama-latest-ban-transgender-athletes-from-switching-sports-based-on-identity/

I want these athletes to compete in the sex they identify with. For no more reason then to show the liberals how idiotic it really is. Those of you who voted for Biden now you get what you asked for. Hope those of you that approve of this like 16 year old boys showering with your 15 year old daughters.....
I really can't believe there are that many transgender athletes that could really make this an issue? Maybe there is, I don't know?

reinell30 said:
I want these athletes to compete in the sex they identify with. For no more reason then to show the liberals how idiotic it really is. Those of you who voted for Biden now you get what you asked for. Hope those of you that approve of this like 16 year old boys showering with your 15 year old daughters.....
I really can't believe there are that many transgender athletes that could really make this an issue? Maybe there is, I don't know?
The Marxist/Communist plan to destroy every tradition we have. every...single...one...

:clap: :clap:

https://www.oann.com/mont-passes-second-amendment-sanctuary-law/

Mont. Passes Second Amendment Sanctuary Law

reinell30 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm
Hope those of you that approve of this like 16 year old boys showering with your 15 year old daughters.....

Well your 15 year old daughter is already sleeping with her 17 year old boyfriend, masturbating 4 times a week, and being viewed in the shower by 16 year old lesbians who have far more lust than the 16 year old former boy. I doubt that mixing in a 16 year old trans person who is probably so traumatized that she (formally he) even goes into the shower is much of a problem. Such is the world we live in it and I believe your daughter will deal with it far better than 70 year old transphobes like you.

sdk.catfish said:
reinell30 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm
Hope those of you that approve of this like 16 year old boys showering with your 15 year old daughters.....

Well your 15 year old daughter is already sleeping with her 17 year old boyfriend, masturbating 4 times a week, and being viewed in the shower by 16 year old lesbians who have far more lust than the 16 year old former boy. I doubt that mixing in a 16 year old trans person who is probably so traumatized that she (formally he) even goes into the shower is much of a problem. Such is the world we live in it and I believe your daughter will deal with it far better than 70 year old transphobes like you.

I just read North Dakota’s governor vetoed there transgender bill. Fucking North Dakota?

Jesse said:
sdk.catfish said:

I just read North Dakota’s governor vetoed there transgender bill. f###[#] North Dakota?
So did Kansas' governor, and Texas' transgender bill died in committee earlier this week. As I mentioned a couple nights ago, there is plenty of time to address this issue. It is not a pressing issue right now and and these states are not willing to put it all on the line right now. That being said, some day this will become a pressing issue, but MTN sports wrote an article on Friday interviewing MHSA executive director Mark Beckman, and he said in his time with the MHSA that he has not once seen a transgender athlete. Therefore, I believe it is best to wait two years until the next legislative session to try and pass a bill on this issue when we know more about the long term future of what this bill can do.

Griz til I die said:
Jesse said:
I just read North Dakota’s governor vetoed there transgender bill. f###[#] North Dakota?
So did Kansas' governor, and Texas' transgender bill died in committee earlier this week. As I mentioned a couple nights ago, there is plenty of time to address this issue. It is not a pressing issue right now and and these states are not willing to put it all on the line right now. That being said, some day this will become a pressing issue, but MTN sports wrote an article on Friday interviewing MHSA executive director Mark Beckman, and he said in his time with the MHSA that he has not once seen a transgender athlete. Therefore, I believe it is best to wait two years until the next legislative session to try and pass a bill on this issue when we know more about the long term future of what this bill can do.

But if we wait two more years then the legislature and our governor can’t be out on the front lines of the culture wars like they want to be since they have nothing else to offer.

Jesse said:
Griz til I die said:

But if we wait two more years then the legislature and our governor can’t be out on the front lines of the culture wars like they want to be since they have nothing else to offer.
Facts. The legislature especially.

Grizfan-24 said:
SoldierGriz said:
I have worked my ass off advocating for young women and women's sports. I am part of an advisory committee working women's wrestling into the NCAA and it won't be long until we see D1 women's wrestling...I am also knee deep in the effort to get Stanford to reinstate the sports they plan on cutting. As part of that effort, we've raised enough money to fully endow the men's wrestling team....and START a fully endowed women's team.

I have also led thousands of Soldiers in and out of combat. Men are physically superior to women...the VAST majority of the time. That is not a knock on women...they CAN do the job.

I'd just prefer my 17 year old daughter run hurdles, pole vault, and run relays against other women. Fair play.

We aren't discussing the NCAA or the NFHS creating legislation that sets parameters. We are talking about state legislators passing laws banning transgendered athletes period. Full stop. Not because of any level of perceived fairness, but because of their absolute disgust with transgendered people in the first place. That is why we have not only the athletic ban but also the medical prohibition as well proposed in Montana. If there are specific rules and testing that needs to occur then so be it. Banning them from competing in their transitioned sex doesn't start the conversation, it ends it.

I disagree. The people who make up the NCAA, NFHS, and IOC are not elected officials. They are bureaucrats who establish policy, and sometimes they do it poorly or in conflict with established laws...laws that are passed by people elected by their constituents.

Do you really want institutions run by unelected officials establishing the frameworks under which we will live?

I don't. I'd prefer those frameworks be established by those we elect who can be held fully accountable.

The second point is...no one is suggesting they cannot compete. A vocal minority is demanding they be allowed to compete in their transgengendered sex.

Do you cut young ladies from the teams you coach? Now, cut one of them because you have a better transgendered athlete, and explain it to the young lady you cut.

It's not something a coach should be forced to do...

All just my opinion. I do respect yours. Thanks for the debate.

SoldierGriz said:
Do you cut young ladies from the teams you coach? Now, cut one of them because you have a better transgendered athlete, and explain it to the young lady you cut.

My take, if this happens, a coach chooses to do it, they are not forced to do it.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

My take, if this happens, a coach chooses to do it, they are not forced to do it.

A coach who chooses not to talk to kids they cut from teams is a pretty shitty coach.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

A coach who chooses not to talk to kids they cut from teams is a pretty shitty coach.

I think you misunderstood. A coach makes the choice to sign/cut athletes and in the scenario you described, the coach should have a mandatory discussion with the person being cut. He should know the consequences of his first action also comes with the second. This is why I said he isn't forced, he made the choice.

Latest posts

Back