• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helena QB Kaden Huot commits!

WaGriz4life said:
Jesse said:
I hope he does play for the Griz, but this is an early commit so we shall see. If he has a stellar senior year he might still get an offer or pwo from osu where he has wanted to play since he was a kid, like his dad and uncle.
It’s so funny to me that every year people think there are Montana kids who could go FBS. There is 1 that does about every 4 or 5 years. Who was the last QB from Montana that went FBS? Brady Leaf in 2002

Supposedly that 2023 great falls kid is pac 12 bound for sure, so that would be 2 outta 3 years. Maybe the state is slowly getting more recruited by bigger schools. I would say that the next step up would be teams like san jose state and fresno state, maybe colorado state, and these kids may be that level of plyers but would still rather play for the cats or griz than a bottom feeder mountain west.

WaGriz4life said:
Jesse said:
I hope he does play for the Griz, but this is an early commit so we shall see. If he has a stellar senior year he might still get an offer or pwo from osu where he has wanted to play since he was a kid, like his dad and uncle.
It’s so funny to me that every year people think there are Montana kids who could go FBS. There is 1 that does about every 4 or 5 years. Who was the last QB from Montana that went FBS? Brady Leaf in 2002

Was there a Bozeman kid who flamed out at Boise about 7-8 years ago? I feel like I remember that, but don’t know the name.

CDAGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:

Was there a Bozeman kid who flamed out at Boise about 7-8 years ago? I feel like I remember that, but don’t know the name.

Tanner Roderick Played for Nevada I believe. Then came back to MSU. One of only 3 kids to win both Basketball and Football Gatorade player of the year.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Tanner Roderick Played for Nevada I believe. Then came back to MSU. One of only 3 kids to win both Basketball and Football Gatorade player of the year.

That’s the one. Don’t know why I thought Boise. Thanks.

WaGriz4life said:
Jesse said:
I know we might be a little hesitant to claim him now, but Brock Osweiler was from Montana, IIRC. ;)

uofmman1122 said:
WaGriz4life said:
I know we might be a little hesitant to claim him now, but Brock Osweiler was from Montana, IIRC. ;)

What’s funny about it. His dad and uncle from Anaconda High both played for Oregon State at the same time. I simply stated that he may get an offer or pwo from OSU if he plays well this year. It’s not as rare as you think. Troy Anderson had an offer from WSU. The best class I could find was 1982 when qb Donnie Douglas went to Nebraska from Butte High, rb Brian Morris went to Stanford from Butte Central, rb Kerri Porter went to WSU from Great Falls High and ol Clay Griffith went to UW from Miles City. We can’t forget former interior sec. Ryan Zinke went to Oregon from Whitefish. Guys do get FBS offers but they don’t always take them and end up at UM or MSU.

Just because dad and uncle went to OSU, doesn't make him a Beaver. I hope Mr. Huot honors his commitment, but he wouldn't be the first to 'de-commit.' When is signing day?

From a recent article:

When asked if there was a defining moment when Huot knew he wanted to a Grizzly, he said it wasn't exactly a moment, but rather a collection of people.

“The coaches really stood out at Montana. They're awesome," he said. "They kept me up to date all the time. Had me come down, had me come down to Missoula. Made a visit talking to coach Hauck in his office with my parents. He's awesome. He's a great guy. Then coach [Rosenbach], I just love coach [Rosenbach]. He's awesome. I really want to work with him.”

1st off.... This is a very good get for the griz. any cats fan that says "We didn't want him" is not telling truths.

AA this year is STACKED at QB. I don't follow the West side as much as East, but here are just a couple QB's that will have very big years (in no order at all)

Isaiah Claunch
Reed Harris (only a JR)
Jake Vigen (Gallatin High this year)
Kaden Huot

Any one of these kids (in my mind) could succeed in the Big Sky. Not saying they would start right away, or that they are ready right now.... But these 4 stand out as stud QB's

Isaiah Claunch: All State as a Junior, has a TON of weapons coming back from last years 2nd place team. Not a big scrambler, but has very good size, and like every QB to come out of West High, seems to always make the correct read, and throw. Very high Football IQ, and doesn't seem to get rattled easily (Again, it helps when you have WR's that can take a one yard out-route 99 yards at any time)

Reed Harris: One of the more gifted athletes at the QB position I have seen since Tanner Roderick (Tanner won both the Football and Basketball Gatorade player of the year award his senior year... Harris could easily do this as well). Great arm, can run with the ball very well at his size. Got rattled a little bit last year at times, but was only a sophomore, so that is totally expected. IF they can find some weapons for him (Torgerson graduated) they will be a top East team for sure

Jake Vigen: Say what you will about his dad (And I have no doubt that you will) let's stick to football playing when it comes to High School kids.... Jake has a great arm, and the size to run it as well. Gallatin is only in their 2nd year, but have some very good weapons outside, and should be much better this year than last year. Smart kid, that IF he can quickly jell with the rest of the team, could be a dangerous team in the East every week.

Kaden Huot: Very poised in the pocket, and has a great arm and movement. Another player who doesn't get rattled when things aren't going well. The sign of a great QB is when the other team is afraid that they "Left to much time" for him, even if it is only 30 seconds... Because of his accuracy, he makes decisions that aren't the greatest, but that comes with the confidence and ability that he has.

SACCAT66 said:
1st off.... This is a very good get for the griz. any cats fan that says "We didn't want him" is not telling truths.

AA this year is STACKED at QB. I don't follow the West side as much as East, but here are just a couple QB's that will have very big years (in no order at all)

Isaiah Claunch
Reed Harris (only a JR)
Kaden Huot

Any one of these kids (in my mind) could succeed in the Big Sky. Not saying they would start right away, or that they are ready right now.... But these 4 stand out as stud QB's

Isaiah Claunch: All State as a Junior, has a TON of weapons coming back from last years 2nd place team. Not a big scrambler, but has very good size, and like every QB to come out of West High, seems to always make the correct read, and throw. Very high Football IQ, and doesn't seem to get rattled easily (Again, it helps when you have WR's that can take a one yard out-route 99 yards at any time)

Reed Harris: One of the more gifted athletes at the QB position I have seen since Tanner Roderick (Tanner won both the Football and Basketball Gatorade player of the year award his senior year... Harris could easily do this as well). Great arm, can run with the ball very well at his size. Got rattled a little bit last year at times, but was only a sophomore, so that is totally expected. IF they can find some weapons for him (Torgerson graduated) they will be a top East team for sure

Jake Vigen: Say what you will about his dad (And I have no doubt that you will) let's stick to football playing when it comes to High School kids.... Jake has a great arm, and the size to run it as well. Gallatin is only in their 2nd year, but have some very good weapons outside, and should be much better this year than last year. Smart kid, that IF he can quickly jell with the rest of the team, could be a dangerous team in the East every week.

Kaden Huot: Very poised in the pocket, and has a great arm and movement. Another player who doesn't get rattled when things aren't going well. The sign of a great QB is when the other team is afraid that they "Left to much time" for him, even if it is only 30 seconds... Because of his accuracy, he makes decisions that aren't the greatest, but that comes with the confidence and ability that he has.

Do you think that Reed Harris will be a QB prospect? With that sort of size and speed you might think he will be recruited as a DE or LB. He Probably is just the most athletic guy around so you put him at the QB position in high school. Similar situation to Carson Rostad situation.

GrizJohnson said:
SACCAT66 said:

Isaiah Claunch
Reed Harris (only a JR)
Kaden Huot

Do you think that Reed Harris will be a QB prospect? With that sort of size and speed you might think he will be recruited as a DE or LB. He Probably is just the most athletic guy around so you put him at the QB position in high school. Similar situation to Carson Rostad situation.

I think that he wants to be a QB, and has the ability to be that. When you have that talent, you don't need to switch positions just to play. We will see over the next two years.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

There was a Bozeman high kid who played a bit at Boise as a walk on back in '06-ish. Tanyon Bissell, I believe is his name.

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:

There was a Bozeman high kid who played a bit at Boise as a walk on back in '06-ish. Tanyon Bissell, I believe is his name.

That must be the one I'm thinking of. Thanks, man.

Osweiler, when recruited out of Flathead High School, said he didn't even consider the Montana schools. He finally started, and finished, with the Sun Devils. Given his hubris, I took particular delight every time he got crunched in the NFL.

3-7-77 said:
Osweiler, when recruited out of Flathead High School, said he didn't even consider the Montana schools. He finally started, and finished, with the Sun Devils. Given his hubris, I took particular delight every time he got crunched in the NFL.

Say what you will about Brock, he was actually a REALLY good athlete in High school. Committed to Gonzaga for Basketball in 9th grade. Delight all you want, but he did sign a $72 Million contract.

SACCAT66 said:
3-7-77 said:

Say what you will about Brock, he was actually a REALLY good athlete in High school. Committed to Gonzaga for Basketball in 9th grade. Delight all you want, but he did sign a $72 Million contract.

And earned not very much of it!

MikeyGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

Agreed... And to get this back onto the original thread post, the Texans gambled to make Brock the face at the QB position, it did not work out for them... College coaches are doing the same thing every year with their signing classes. They are betting on an 18 year old kid to be the next star of the position they are signing him to, and 1/4 of the time, that player ends up finishing his college career at a different university (the 1/4 number was just for example purposes, and was not meant to be an actual number).

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:

Agreed... And to get this back onto the original thread post, the Texans gambled to make Brock the face at the QB position, it did not work out for them... College coaches are doing the same thing every year with their signing classes. They are betting on an 18 year old kid to be the next star of the position they are signing him to, and 1/4 of the time, that player ends up finishing his college career at a different university (the 1/4 number was just for example purposes, and was not meant to be an actual number).

If they finish their career by graduating with a degree, good for them!

MikeyGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

If they finish their career by graduating with a degree, good for them!

Agreed. But it is why I never get into the "We won this recruiting year" nobody knows that at the time...NOBODY. Getting the kids everyone wants is always great, but nobody has any idea how it will turn out.

Back