• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helena QB Kaden Huot commits!

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:
If they finish their career by graduating with a degree, good for them!

Agreed. But it is why I never get into the "We won this recruiting year" nobody knows that at the time...NOBODY. Getting the kids everyone wants is always great, but nobody has any idea how it will turn out.

Sometimes its the kids NOBODY wants (Mariani, Lewis, et. al.,) that make all the difference.

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
Agreed. But it is why I never get into the "We won this recruiting year" nobody knows that at the time...NOBODY. Getting the kids everyone wants is always great, but nobody has any idea how it will turn out.

Sometimes its the kids NOBODY wants (Mariani, Lewis, et. al.,) that make all the difference.

100%

Saw Huot on Varsity twice, once as a Soph (so I won't hold that against him) and once the first game last season versus Butte. Huot had a bad game. Didn't look at all like a D1 QB that game.

But I've seen highlights since. And he looked much better... Glad to have him...

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

Sometimes the radar fails. How did a kid from Yakima get missed by the PAC 12 schools?
Name is Cooper Kupp.

3-7-77 said:
Osweiler, when recruited out of Flathead High School, said he didn't even consider the Montana schools. He finally started, and finished, with the Sun Devils. Given his hubris, I took particular delight every time he got crunched in the NFL.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.montanasports.com/category/high-school/football/former-flathead-high-school-student-and-nfl-qb-brock-osweiler-gives-back&ved=2ahUKEwi3zLHO7PPxAhWPGs0KHZejCXAQFjAKegQIFhAC&usg=AOvVaw23AjQOkRk9w-qVXFxsc1D_&cshid=162686029991

He doesn't seem to be that bad of s guy, gives back a lot.... What exactly did he say or do that makes you think other wise... Is it just because he didn't want to be a grizzlie or bobcat?

MikeyGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
Say what you will about Brock, he was actually a REALLY good athlete in High school. Committed to Gonzaga for Basketball in 9th grade. Delight all you want, but he did sign a $72 Million contract.

And earned not very much of it!
Your worth as a professional athlete is what the owner/gm of a team is willing to spend.
Don't blame osweiler, would you be able to pass up a offer like he had when you were a young man in your twenties!

Cowboys84 said:
3-7-77 said:
Osweiler, when recruited out of Flathead High School, said he didn't even consider the Montana schools. He finally started, and finished, with the Sun Devils. Given his hubris, I took particular delight every time he got crunched in the NFL.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.montanasports.com/category/high-school/football/former-flathead-high-school-student-and-nfl-qb-brock-osweiler-gives-back&ved=2ahUKEwi3zLHO7PPxAhWPGs0KHZejCXAQFjAKegQIFhAC&usg=AOvVaw23AjQOkRk9w-qVXFxsc1D_&cshid=162686029991

He doesn't seem to be that bad of s guy, gives back a lot.... What exactly did he say or do that makes you think other wise... Is it just because he didn't want to be a grizzlie or bobcat?

You have my quote in hand. Look at my username. Google it. I'm just trying to figure out which character from 'Murder By Death' you most closely resemble.

3-7-77 said:
Cowboys84 said:

You have my quote in hand. Look at my username. Google it. I'm just trying to figure out which character from 'Murder By Death' you most closely resemble.
So you are holding a grudge against him because he chose to go to a.s.u and get a free education, play at the highest level of college football and all the other things the greater Phoenix area has to see and do... To go to a fcs school in Bozeman or Missoula just because he's from Montana. Got it.🤣

If he doesn't mention 'the Montana schools' and simply says he has chosen ASU, no problem. What he did was burn his bridges.

3-7-77 said:
If he doesn't mention 'the Montana schools' and simply says he has chosen ASU, no problem. What he did was burn his bridges.

'cause only a stevie dill persona has a right and obligation to act that way....

little bit jelly, are't yah :thumb:

3-7-77 said:

Grudge much? That was like 20 years ago. Even my wife gets over her grudges before then. It’s like you were the nerd in high school and you hate the prom queen for not wanting to date you even though she knew your name. I just hope someday before you die, you’ll be able to forgive your fantasy lover for not choosing you. Hate is a painful thing to hold onto.

Jesse said:
uofmman1122 said:
I know we might be a little hesitant to claim him now, but Brock Osweiler was from Montana, IIRC. ;)

What’s funny about it. His dad and uncle from Anaconda High both played for Oregon State at the same time. I simply stated that he may get an offer or pwo from OSU if he plays well this year. It’s not as rare as you think. Troy Anderson had an offer from WSU. The best class I could find was 1982 when qb Donnie Douglas went to Nebraska from Butte High, rb Brian Morris went to Stanford from Butte Central, rb Kerri Porter went to WSU from Great Falls High and ol Clay Griffith went to UW from Miles City. We can’t forget former interior sec. Ryan Zinke went to Oregon from Whitefish. Guys do get FBS offers but they don’t always take them and end up at UM or MSU.
An offer is much different than a letter.

Bear Axed said:
3-7-77 said:

'cause only a stevie dill persona has a right and obligation to act that way....

I haven't posted in 11 days, yet you exhibit once again that I live in your vacant brain, rent-free. You are devoid of any semblance of athletic skills or knowledge, besides being a coward for not revealing your name. You know that I will always be there, very close-by, haunting your empty synapses. Barely assed dip stick.

hunt-ducks said:
Bear Axed said:

I haven't posted in 11 days, yet you exhibit once again that I live in your vacant brain, rent-free. You are devoid of any semblance of athletic skills or knowledge, besides being a coward for not revealing your name. You know that I will always be there, very close-by, haunting your empty synapses. Barely assed dip stick.
Ok, Yeah, Sure
cupcake

iu

Bear Axed said:
hunt-ducks said:
Ok, Yeah, Sure
cupcake

iu

Every new poster becomes me, in your feeble mind, which I live in constantly. You reveal your psychosis in nearly every pathetic post.

Cowboys84 said:
MikeyGriz said:
And earned not very much of it!
Your worth as a professional athlete is what the owner/gm of a team is willing to spend.
Don't blame osweiler, would you be able to pass up a offer like he had when you were a young man in your twenties!

He earned every dime he was paid. Willing seller, willing buyer. I don’t understand these sorts of attacks on capitalism.

Latest posts

Back