• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho State 2.0

HelenaHandBasket said:
The Griz lack that "go-to" guy.

Really thought Owens was gonna take that role, but he has all but disappeared recently.... outside of his 27 point outburst against Weber, his last half dozen games are 14, 12, 2, 12, 2, 7, 5, and today’s 5 points.

He has by far the lowest ppm of anybody “in the rotation”....and he started the season like a house on fire.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Really thought Owens was gonna take that role, but he has all but disappeared recently.... outside of his 27 point outburst against Weber, his last half dozen games are 14, 12, 2, 12, 2, 7, 5, and today’s 5 points.

He has by far the lowest ppm of anybody “in the rotation”....and he started the season like a house on fire.

I really like how Anderson has been ramping up his game in recent weeks, now that he has been getting more minutes. Today he had 15 pts, 6 boards and 1 steal. Always hustling. Sometimes a "little too much," and he over commits on defense, leading to his foul trouble. But hard to criticize him for his enthusiasm on defense. Don't know that he's a real vocal leader, but leads by example.

People on this board have criticized him for his hand control, but today he showed he had some good hand control and nifty moves around the bucket. Getting more confidence, it seems.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Owens game is so dependent on the guys around him.

grizonbob said:
AZGrizFan said:

I really like how Anderson has been ramping up his game in recent weeks, now that he has been getting more minutes. Today he had 15 pts, 6 boards and 1 steal. Always hustling. Sometimes a "little too much," and he over commits on defense, leading to his foul trouble. But hard to criticize him for his enthusiasm on defense. Don't know that he's a real vocal leader, but leads by example.

People on this board have criticized him for his hand control, but today he showed he had some good hand control and nifty moves around the bucket. Getting more confidence, it seems.

Stupid way to pick up 5th foul though.

Griz sweep the zebras :clap: :lol: we all know that the Griz foul a lot, but this officiating crew was by far the worst we’ve seen all year, and it was indicative of the two final scores. It was really hard for either team to get in a rhythm offensively in this series with the refs. That said, credit to that #20 kid for ISU. He took over and absolutely willed them back into that game. He was the only one who could make free throws or 3s for them. A sweep is a sweep, we’ll take it any way we can get it. The beauty of the big sky tournament is we don’t have to play the same team back-to-back, which bodes well for us. Go Griz!

cclarkblues said:
grizonbob said:

Stupid way to pick up 5th foul though.

Yup. I like his tough defense, but sometimes he moves into players when they are up in the air or extends his arms into them. And he should be especially careful about that kind of stuff when he has 4 fouls. And goes double when you have refs that are blowing the whistle as tight as they were today. Awareness...

https://twitter.com/frankgogola/status/1365804115121614848?s=21
Still in position for a first round bye, and I honestly think we’re gonna get it. Not that we deserve it but I’ll take it.

Idaho State is a horrible basketball team. Yet, our 18 turnovers, 23 fouls, and inability to put a team away in the last three minutes of the game allowed this game to become a one-point win. What is it about this team that makes them disappear in the last couple minutes of games. They do it consistently, and I unable to understand why.

Griz til I die said:
Still in position for a first round bye, and I honestly think we’re gonna get it. Not that we deserve it but I’ll take it.
I had heard that the Griz had a chance, so it's great to see what it would take. And all of the conditions look very do-able, starting with the Griz taking care of bizness.
UM sweeps UI. Good chance. The Vandals are pretty awful
EWU sweeps ISU. Can't imagine it going any other way.
Weber over NoCo once. Weber home games ... could actually be a sweep for the Wildcats.
SUU over PSU once. Season records say at least one will happen, even though they're at Portland.

Only way not to sweep UI is if the griz all come down with the flu and they had to forfeit. Same with EW and Idaho ST.

retiredpopo said:
Only way not to sweep UI is if the griz all come down with the flu and they had to forfeit. Same with EW and Idaho ST.

I’m sure MSU felt the same way about Idaho on Wednesday.

Griz til I die said:

Lol. And if the chips fall as we think they will, why would the Griz deserve it any “less” than any of the other middle of the pack, mediocre teams that are playing for the bye?

Here's a bit or irony, given the number of fouls called on the Griz: They won the game from the foul line. ISU out-scored UM on field goals and on treys (talking points here, not percentage shooting). But the Griz hit 20 from the foul line, the Ben-Gals 15. How often has that happened recently?

IdaGriz01 said:
Here's a bit or irony, given the number of fouls called on the Griz: They won the game from the foul line. ISU out-scored UM on field goals and on treys (talking points here, not percentage shooting). But the Griz hit 20 from the foul line, the Ben-Gals 15. How often has that happened recently?

I understand what you are saying but when you shoot more throws and can't make them it is problematic. The Griz were 20 of 25 for 80% and ISU was 15 for 27 for 55.6% from the line.

All the other stats were fairly close. If you would tell me we would win with Josh Bannan not scoring and only getting 3 rebounds I would have a hard time believing it.

However I'll take it.

Griz1 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
I understand what you are saying but when you shoot more throws and can't make them it is problematic. The Griz were 20 of 25 for 80% and ISU was 15 for 27 for 55.6% from the line.

All the other stats were fairly close. If you would tell me we would win with Josh Bannan not scoring and only getting 3 rebounds I would have a hard time believing it.

However I'll take it.
Like to emphasize the positive when it comes to the Griz. An ISU fan would surely say they "lost it from the foul line." After all, they only needed two more for the win ... and 17 of 27 (63%) isn't even a good percentage.

hunt-ducks said:
Idaho State is a horrible basketball team. Yet, our 18 turnovers, 23 fouls, and inability to put a team away in the last three minutes of the game allowed this game to become a one-point win. What is it about this team that makes them disappear in the last couple minutes of games. They do it consistently, and I unable to understand why.

Greed, it becomes go get mine time and the coaches allow it. No system, no flow and players don't pass when they should they only do when they have to.

Callithowiseeit said:
hunt-ducks said:

Greed, it becomes go get mine time and the coaches allow it. No system, no flow and players don't pass when they should they only do when they have to.
I know I'm critical of coaching but it's time we open our eyes, most of our gaurds can't play defense and all of them turned the ball over at least a few times each if I'm not mistaken trying to force up the same shot. We are lucky we got bailed out on that last one which wasn't a foul by the way.

Callithowiseeit said:
Callithowiseeit said:
I know I'm critical of coaching but it's time we open our eyes, most of our gaurds can't play defense and all of them turned the ball over at least a few times each if I'm not mistaken trying to force up the same shot. We are lucky we got bailed out on that last one which wasn't a foul by the way.

WTF are you talking about? We have one of the better defensive teams in the conference and that's what keeps us in games despite our shaky offense. Our players pass all the damn time and sometimes to the detriment of our team when they pass on an open shot. We have one of the best pass-first guards in the conference in parker, who I think leads or is near the top on assists per game. Our guys make mistakes, they get in a hurry, but they don't lake effort. It's been a growing year.

Did you just wait for DeCuire to have an off year to create this account?

Latest posts

Back