• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idahoooooooooooo

Griz hold on to win 67-63.

Samuelson sets a career high with 23 points. Also, this was Montana's 1,000th home victory in program history.

Griz2k said:
Pfewww.... That was way too close for my liking.
WAY, WAY too close. :yikes:

Another one of those "a win is a win." But, damn, they sure have a way of making everybody sweat.

Apparently since Samualson is considered out Center Idaho is refuses to believe he needs to be guarded from 3pt land lol. I love his 3 shot, he's so big he can just shoot it softly like a free throw which leads to great consistency.

Speaking of Bigs I know Anderson has turned the corner, but he has gone from being over matched to being a positive contributor in a limited role. Having him emerge as solid back up post has really helped bring consistency to that spot BUT what he has done doesn't seem like enough to eat up ALL meaningful minutes from Yagi. Yagi in his first couple outings immediately gave us the best post play we had seen all year by a wide margin.
I'm not saying Yagi should get more minutes or anything, because everyone who is playing is playing well and getting W's just curious what might be holding Yagi back...Defense maybe, so excited about getting post scoring when he played I don't remember is he played Griz type D

Griz til I die said:
Great teams find ways to win, even on bad nights. Go Griz!

It didnt feel like a bad night, never felt like we were shooting horrible or that Idaho was out playing us, but we played just bad enough that we never got going enough to play downhill and run them over...then things got real serious in the last 2min!

CleanHOUSE said:
Griz til I die said:

It didnt feel like a bad night, never felt like we were shooting horrible or that Idaho was out playing us, but we played just bad enough that we never got going enough to play downhill and run them over...then things got real serious in the last 2min!
Especially in the last few minutes, it did seem like Idaho came up with a big play every time it was necessary.

CleanHOUSE said:
Griz til I die said:
It didnt feel like a bad night, never felt like we were shooting horrible or that Idaho was out playing us, but we played just bad enough that we never got going enough to play downhill and run them over...then things got real serious in the last 2 min!
My feeling too. No major letdown by the Griz, no major sparks for the Spuds ... just the better team doing just enough to win. Not fun, but -- naturally -- we'll take it. :thumb:

IdaGriz01 said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz til I die said:
It didnt feel like a bad night, never felt like we were shooting horrible or that Idaho was out playing us, but we played just bad enough that we never got going enough to play downhill and run them over...then things got real serious in the last 2 min!
My feeling too. No major letdown by the Griz, no major sparks for the Spuds ... just the better team doing just enough to win. Not fun, but -- naturally -- we'll take it. :thumb:

I posted in a game thread early in the season that I felt there was gonna be a lot of nail biters this season....this was case in point....but after two blowouts I was getting complacent! :lol:

Idaho has now lost four conference games by a total of 13 points. I thought that was a pretty damn good team tonight. The style they play allows them to stay close in games. I don’t think this was a let down by the Griz as much as it was just matchup against a team that likes to play ugly.

What a game for Jared Samuelson tonight! He was tasked with defending Idaho’s big centers in the paint, and still had enough energy to shoot the long ball. He has played like a warrior tonight, and his layup at the end of the game was a critical bucket.

Trevon Allen is a damn fine player. I recall some hype about him last year and remember being underwhelmed, but tonight, I thought he looked like one of the best players in the BSC.

Gritty win for the Griz. I’ll take it!

Jaredkuehn said:
Idaho has now lost four conference games by a total of 13 points. I thought that was a pretty damn good team tonight. The style they play allows them to stay close in games. I don’t think this was a let down by the Griz as much as it was just matchup against a team that likes to play ugly.

What a game for Jared Samuelson tonight! He was tasked with defending Idaho’s big centers in the paint, and still had enough energy to shoot the long ball. He has played like a warrior tonight, and his layup at the end of the game was a critical bucket.

Trevon Allen is a damn fine player. I recall some hype about him last year and remember being underwhelmed, but tonight, I thought he looked like one of the best players in the BSC.

Gritty win for the Griz. I’ll take it!
Make that five losses by a total of 13 points. [I see ...box got in ahead of me.] Wow! I had not realized that ... but I just checked their conference scores. So that ugly 1-5 conference record could be totally misleading. Unfortunately, they get NoColo and SUU next, so things could get worse. However, those too are home games, so if a few extra breaks go their way,they might pull off a split.

grizband said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz til I die said:

Especially in the last few minutes, it did seem like Idaho came up with a big play every time it was necessary.

Fortunately, so did we. And five different Griz players made big plays (and that excludes Anderson). :lol:

Latest posts

Back