• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jared Samuelson coming back!

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
How many of the current top MT high school kids, men and women, who played college basketball last season, are white? Not Evans. Not Manuel.

Can't recall the name of the MT NA woman who came with her team to play the LG this past season. She's a very good player.

If anyone......you should look up names of good former MT NA women players. JaRae Briggs from Plenty Coups HS played for Nevada vs. Lady Griz. last year. Looks like she led team in many stats. Lady Griz had one little used NA player on their roster. MSU men and women none to my knowledge. One former NA men's HS player started in the Frontier for Rocky...maybe one or two women not sure.

Evans hasn't played a lick of D1 ball yet.

So..... at least 3 former MT NA HS men and women playing college ball at this point.

So, are you saying Evans isn't any good or will fail?

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
How many of the current top MT high school kids, men and women, who played college basketball last season, are white? Not Evans. Not Manuel.

Can't recall the name of the MT NA woman who came with her team to play the LG this past season. She's a very good player.

If anyone......you should look up names of good former MT NA women players. JaRae Briggs from Plenty Coups HS played for Nevada vs. Lady Griz. last year. Looks like she led team in many stats. Lady Griz had one little used NA player on their roster. MSU men and women none to my knowledge. One former NA men's HS player started in the Frontier for Rocky...maybe one or two women not sure.

So..... at least 3 former MT NA HS men and women playing college ball at this point.

Yes, Briggs. Again, who are the best MT women who played college basketball last season? Any color.

Too many to list. 6 on Lady Griz roster (includes Camel), 9 of 13 on roster of national champ Montana Western, only one on Lady Cats (?), 6 on Carroll...and those were the only rosters I checked.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Yes, Briggs. Again, who are the best MT women who played college basketball last season? Any color.

Too many to list. 6 on Lady Griz roster (includes Camel), 9 of 13 on roster of national champ Montana Western, only one on Lady Cats (?), 6 on Carroll...and those were the only rosters I checked.

The question was who were the BEST Montana players (not who played from MT played college hoops), and what was their color. Let's make it easy. Who were the top 3 in men's and women's?

tourist said:
PlayerRep said:

Mouse simply stated the FACT that Evans has yet to play DI BB.

Why would he say that? Everyone already knows that. What was being discussion was the best college players from MT last year. Do you and Mouse think he wasn't one of the best from MT last year? Do you or Mouse think he will not be good or fail?

Why are you guys so afraid to answer some questions.

But thanks for pointing out that he hadn't yet played D-I. That was extremely helpful and inciteful.

I vote for a sports IQ test for people are allowed to post on egriz. It could be a low bar, but will still help filter out some of the nonsense on egriz.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

The question was who were the BEST Montana players (not who played from MT played college hoops), and what was their color. Let's make it easy. Who were the top 3 in men's and women's?

You and your questions. What are your trying to ask?

"Who were the BEST Montana players (not who played from MT college hoops), and what was their color?

"Not who played from MT college hoops??" WHAAAT?

Here are three men and women players who grew up and played HS in Montana and played college ball last year. In my opinion these might be the best three that meet this qualification. I'm not sure if any of them "not who played from MT hoops" though.

Men - Tres Tinkle - white, Mack Anderson - white, Matt Wyman - white

Women - "That one NA girl that played here against the Lady Griz" - Native American, Jace Henderson - white, Johnston from Lady Griz - white

Who are your three "BEST Montana players (not who played from MT college hoops), and what was their color"? And a follow up once you answer that one.....what is their color now?

You and your questions......

PlayerRep said:
tourist said:
PlayerRep said:

Why would he say that? Everyone already knows that. What was being discussion was the best college players from MT last year. Do you and Mouse think he wasn't one of the best from MT last year? Do you or Mouse think he will not be good or fail?

But thanks for pointing out that he hadn't yet played D-I. That was extremely helpful and inciteful.

I vote for a sports IQ test for people are allowed to post on egriz. It could be a low bar, but will still help filter out some of the nonsense on egriz.

What? "for people are allowed" What?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
tourist said:
PlayerRep said:

It's obvious since you can't figure that out, you shouldn't be allowed to post on egriz.

TrueGriz said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
tourist said:

It's obvious since you can't figure that out, you shouldn't be allowed to post on egriz.

"before" people are allowed? PR tends to leave letters out. Yeah I figured it out.

But "who were the BEST Montana players(not who played from MT college hoops)"? You tell me!

PlayerRep said:
tourist said:
PlayerRep said:

A lot of times it is not sports IQ, but rather a total lack of common sense and critical thinking.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

"Who were the BEST Montana players (not who played from MT college hoops), and what was their color?

Here are three men and women players who grew up and played HS in Montana and played college ball last year. In my opinion these might be the best three that meet this qualification. I'm not sure if any of them "not who played from MT hoops" though.

Women - "That one NA girl that played here against the Lady Griz" - Native American, Jace Henderson - white, Johnston from Lady Griz - white

Who are your three "BEST Montana players (not who played from MT college hoops), and what was their color"? And a follow up once you answer that one.....what is their color now?

Manuel has to be #2. Ricketts probably #3. Samuelson probably better than Wyman at the NAIA level. Both are good players though.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

Manuel has to be #2. Ricketts probably #3. Samuelson probably better than Wyman at the NAIA level. Both are good players though.

Can't disagree with your picks. Evans even if at JC last year probably one of the best 3 also. Not sure on the ladies I picked either but wanted to answer PR's damn "question" (as it were). Thought I'd take a stab at the "BEST Montana players (not who played from(?) MT college hoops". With a question phrased like that there can be no wrong answers.

Next year, we could have 3 Montanans on the court at the same time, 2 of them from right here in Billings:

Mack Anderson, a Sophomore 6-9 post from Bozeman--Mack showed some real promise this year. Hopefully, he packs on about 20-25 lbs of muscle on to his 202 lb frame, and he could be a real force to be reckoned with as a Griz center next year. I love saying "Bozeman Griz !!!"

Kendal Manuel. a 6-4 G from right here in Billings from Skyview.

And last but not least Jared Samuelson, a 6-7 F transfer from Rocky Mountain College here in Billings where he was an NAIA All-American that average 18 points a game for Rocky the last two years. Jared is originally from Billings West, started out a GRIZ as a redshirt freshman and will finish his collegiate career as a GRIZ, the son of another Griz great Shawn Samuelson from Broadus. Jared could also see time in the post, giving Mack a rest.

Next year's team with both in-state and out-of-state talent, primarily from Washington and California, should be a lot of fun to watch !!! While we will miss Ahmaad, Mike and Bobby and Jamar, Timmy, Sayeed, Donovan plus the 3 Montanans and the talented incoming class should be able to pick up the slack and continue this great GRIZ momentum under Coach Travis and staff !!!

Mousegriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Can't disagree with your picks. Evans even if at JC last year probably one of the best 3 also. Not sure on the ladies I picked either but wanted to answer PR's damn "question" (as it were). Thought I'd take a stab at the "BEST Montana players (not who played from(?) MT college hoops". With a question phrased like that there can be no wrong answers.

You didn't answer my question(s). My question(s) were:

"How many of the current top MT high school kids, men and women, who played college basketball last season, are white? Not Evans. Not Manuel."

"Again, who are the best MT women who played college basketball last season? Any color."

My top 3 men are Tinkle, Manuel and Evans.

Two of my top women are Briggs and Henderson.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Mousegriz said:

"How many of the current top MT high school kids, men and women, who played college basketball last season, are white? Not Evans. Not Manuel."

"Again, who are the best MT women who played college basketball last season? Any color."

U shu dew aks yo kwestyuns in weerd wayz!

And I did somehow translate that one you asked last week with an answer what meets the criteria of this week's somewhat more intelligible one. Why so hard for you to type questions that people can understand?

Men: Tinkle, Anderson, Wyman.......

Women: Briggs, Henderson, Johnston

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

And I did somehow translate that one you asked last week with an answer what meets the criteria of this week's somewhat more intelligible one. Why so hard for you to type questions that people can understand?

Don't agree on the men. Manuel was considerably better than Anderson this past season. And Evans is better than both.

Manuel to Anderson. 8.7 to 2.3 scoring. Minutes 19.3 to 8.5.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

Don't agree on the men. Manuel was considerably better than Anderson this past season. And Evans is better than both.

Agreed. I’d go Tinkle/Evans/Manuel/Samuelson/Wyman/Anderson

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I'm not gonna argue about any of the specifics of this nonsense besides ripping the un-neccessary (and frankly shocking) inclusion of the phrase "best college MT player. any color" being mentioned. Really? There can be debate about who is the best, but why feel the need to include "any color" into the conversation. Just because ppl may disagree about certain rankings, I didn't read anything that insinuated blatant racial bias.

Zirg said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

I'm not gonna argue about any of the specifics of this nonsense besides ripping the un-neccessary (and frankly shocking) inclusion of the phrase "best college MT player. any color" being mentioned. Really? There can be debate about who is the best, but why feel the need to include "any color" into the conversation. Just because ppl may disagree about certain rankings, I didn't read anything that insinuated blatant racial bias.

"why feel the need to include "any color" into the conversation"

Says the poster talking about black and white players, and Selvig having recruited a lot of Native Americans and not black players--in the Shannon thread. Hypocrite.

Back