• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jensen

Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
Dutch Lane said:
Where have you been grandma, this has been rehashed ad noseum. So it is your opinion that Hauck and Rosy saw no value in Jensen because he decided to play elsewhere? Lame you are ascribing facts that arent, wait what you are doing is lying about a situation you or no one else knows what Hauck and Rosy were thinking or what Jensen and his family were thinking. Are you even a real grandma or is that also a lie?

The biggest liar and fake on this message board is you. I still think you are a Huckster plant. By the way, Gramma Griz is the only one who seems to demonstrate any sense about GJ's ability and future. When the Huckster and Rosie Palm get rolled by the Cats and Eagles this year maybe the wisdom will sink in.
If the Griz get “rolled” by anyone, it won’t be because of who our QB is.

Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
Dutch Lane said:
Where have you been grandma, this has been rehashed ad noseum. So it is your opinion that Hauck and Rosy saw no value in Jensen because he decided to play elsewhere? Lame you are ascribing facts that arent, wait what you are doing is lying about a situation you or no one else knows what Hauck and Rosy were thinking or what Jensen and his family were thinking. Are you even a real grandma or is that also a lie?

The biggest liar and fake on this message board is you. I still think you are a Huckster plant. By the way, Gramma Griz is the only one who seems to demonstrate any sense about GJ's ability and future. When the Huckster and Rosie Palm get rolled by the Cats and Eagles this year maybe the wisdom will sink in.

I am not going to comment on the pros or cons of Gresh's decision. That is between him and the staff. However, your trollness is obvious because EWU has been replaced as a rival by Idaho. As it should be. Idiot.

Grizzly96 said:
Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
Dutch Lane said:

Time will tell on Jensen and I know I’m in the minority, but I think Hauck and Rosy will be proven right.
Don't think you are in the minority. The crybabies just make more noise.

Could Jensen be willing to sit a year and wait for that ‘transfer anywhere you want to’ rule which kicks in this October?

https://www.si.com/2018/06/13/NCAA-student-athletes-new-transfer-scholarship-rule-permission-contact

DuCharme said:
Could Jensen be willing to sit a year and wait for that ‘transfer anywhere you want to’ rule which kicks in this October?

https://www.si.com/2018/06/13/NCAA-student-athletes-new-transfer-scholarship-rule-permission-contact

still couldn't go to a big sky team. well actually i think if he is inactive a year then he could go anywhere as I don't think anyone can block him. That being said...that would be the stupidest decision ever. nobody benefits from sitting and losing eligibility and not playing. He will go somewhere and I'm sure there is a good amount of teams talking to him

mtgrizfankb said:
DuCharme said:

still couldn't go to a big sky team. well actually i think if he is inactive a year then he could go anywhere as I don't think anyone can block him. That being said...that would be the stupidest decision ever. nobody benefits from sitting and losing eligibility and not playing. He will go somewhere and I'm sure there is a good amount of teams talking to him

Agreed. Can't he play at a JC and then go anywhere? Don't know, just asking.

He had a redshirt year, so if he didn't play next year, he'd lose a year of playing. May as well go to JC, played one year (and not lose a year of playing), and then go to a program that wants him the next year and where he knows the lay of the land. Why go somewhere now, sit out a year, and then have the landscape of qb competition change on him in the next year?

I hope he doesn't regret what he did at UM. Getting into it with the new OC, which is what I heard, was definitely not the way to get on the field.

PlayerRep said:
mtgrizfankb said:
DuCharme said:

Agreed. Can't he play at a JC and then go anywhere? Don't know, just asking.

He had a redshirt year, so if he didn't play next year, he'd lose a year of playing. May as well go to JC, played one year (and not lose a year of playing), and then go to a program that wants him the next year and where he knows the lay of the land. Why go somewhere now, sit out a year, and then have the landscape of qb competition change on him in the next year?

I hope he doesn't regret what he did at UM. Getting into it with the new OC, which is what I heard, was definitely not the way to get on the field.

You are correct PR. He can go JUCO, play right away, then bounce back to FCS or FBS with no penalty. I figured this would be the only way to go for him. Anything else would make him sit a year, which he could have just done at UM (or started depending on many situations) so anything else seems wasted. I, too, heard some things that make it sound like he didn't want to be looking over his shoulder at any competition. If true, best of luck young man...gonna be competition wherever he goes.

Grandma Griz said:
I believe you have discovered the magic formula - however, I understand 5 BSC schools have contacted GJ and shown interest in him when he is eligible. Just don't understand how last year's competitors can see valued talent in GJ when our coaching staff can't - go figure!
I cannot imagine couching this in any way but bad for the griz. GJ, from what I understand is a solid kid and a great QB. Tim Rosenbach may have been the best college QB I have ever seen play, better than Drew Bledsoe and Dave Dickenson IMHO but he is not a good coach and an even worse OC. I don’t think GJ is the first player to go sideways with him. I am also hearing bad things from the Washington Alum I know about Baer. I think Hauck could have done way better as far as his choices of OC and DC. We will have to wait and see but I do not feel good about those two.

indian-outlaw said:
Grandma Griz said:
I believe you have discovered the magic formula - however, I understand 5 BSC schools have contacted GJ and shown interest in him when he is eligible. Just don't understand how last year's competitors can see valued talent in GJ when our coaching staff can't - go figure!
I cannot imagine couching this in any way but bad for the griz. GJ, from what I understand is a solid kid and a great QB. Tim Rosenbach may have been the best college QB I have ever seen play, better than Drew Bledsoe and Dave Dickenson IMHO but he is not a good coach and an even worse OC. I don’t think GJ is the first player to go sideways with him. I am also hearing bad things from the Washington Alum I know about Baer. I think Hauck could have done way better as far as his choices of OC and DC. We will have to wait and see but I do not feel good about those two.

+1

indian-outlaw said:
Grandma Griz said:

Whether or not Rosenbach is a good OC or not, GJ leaving is much more about GJ than him. Lets just say that GJ pretty much gave the coaches an ultimatum which was not received very well.

HelenaHandBasket said:
indian-outlaw said:
Grandma Griz said:

Whether or not Rosenbach is a good OC or not, GJ leaving is much more about GJ than him. Lets just say that GJ pretty much gave the coaches an ultimatum which was not received very well.

Heard the same. It changed my outlook on everything.

indian-outlaw said:
Grandma Griz said:

well no shitt. How many times has he been fired as a defensive coach? I know at UW, UNLV, and I think others the defenses he coached were among the worst in the country.

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Grandma Griz said:

well no shitt. How many times has he been fired as a defensive coach? I know at UW, UNLV, and I think others the defenses he coached were among the worst in the country.

Please provide your links on when he was "fired". Just curious. My view is that if a coach gets hired shortly after he leaves one school, for whatever reason, he's probably a good coach.

Some of his defenses were also very good. He was hired at Notre Dame and 5 Pac-12 schools. That's good enough for me. And, if BH hired him, that's also good enough for me.

What are your college coaching and hiring credentials? Just curious about your level of expertise and knowledge in that regard.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

Please provide your links on when he was "fired".

Here you go.

Looks like he was fired at Washington after (according to Wikipedia) "At the conclusion of the 2007 season, after a statistically worst defensive season in UW football history, Willingham decided to let Baer go. In the three years at UW, the defense ranked 94, 95 and 98 in total defense, 89, 85 and 94 in scoring defense, and 106, 102 and 85 in passing defense."

Also let go from UNLV. From the wiki on him: "Following the 2017 football season, Baer was relieved of his duties as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at UNLV, allowing over 31 points per game and over 450 yards to opposing offenses."

I'm a fan of Hauck & am glad he's back, but I have to admit I'm worried about the DC situation and also about why Jensen left. Losing Jensen was a HUGE loss. He was a proven very good QB at this level as a freshman. That doesn't happen often.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Grandma Griz said:

Please provide your links on when he was "fired". Just curious. My view is that if a coach gets hired shortly after he leaves one school, for whatever reason, he's probably a good coach.

Some of his defenses were also very good. He was hired at Notre Dame and 5 Pac-12 schools. That's good enough for me. And, if BH hired him, that's also good enough for me.

What are your college coaching and hiring credentials? Just curious about your level of expertise and knowledge in that regard.

now now rep, Kent has been fired and let go quite a few times. He also gets hired quickly because he has amazing experience and obviously just loves the game and thats why hes here. I think he is an excellent hire. maybe not the sexy hire, but the guy has forgot more than most will ever know. Bobby im sure wanted a strong passionate DC, guys tend to gravitate towards that type of leadership on D. High expectations for players from both coaches. While OCs tend to be more extreme and flashy, this is a counter hire to that. I think it will turn out well and I'm sure it is great learning under this guy for the fellow coaches on the staff

Potomac Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

Here you go.

Looks like he was fired at Washington after (according to Wikipedia) "At the conclusion of the 2007 season, after a statistically worst defensive season in UW football history, Willingham decided to let Baer go. In the three years at UW, the defense ranked 94, 95 and 98 in total defense, 89, 85 and 94 in scoring defense, and 106, 102 and 85 in passing defense."

Also let go from UNLV. From the wiki on him: "Following the 2017 football season, Baer was relieved of his duties as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at UNLV, allowing over 31 points per game and over 450 yards to opposing offenses."

I'm a fan of Hauck & am glad he's back, but I have to admit I'm worried about the DC situation and also about why Jensen left. Losing Jensen was a HUGE loss. He was a proven very good QB at this level as a freshman. That doesn't happen often.

poorgriz actually right, he was fired a few times. Most College coaches have been usually when anew coach comes in. Baer was let go twice because the coaches felt the defense was not improving after several seasons.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...z-fires-defensive-coordinator-safeties-coach/

Potomac Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

Here you go.

Thanks, but I already knew all that. I wanted poorgriz to provide his backup. I assumed he didn't have any.

As for UNLV, see the following:

"I really admire those guys,” Sanchez said Saturday. “From the time they got here, we got better. We had the opportunity to improve in certain areas, but that doesn’t take away the effort and the appreciation of their time here.”

“I’m working through the process,” he said. “I want to do my due diligence and find the right people to help us move forward. I’d rather that be sooner than later, but I’m not going to do it sooner to the detriment of making a quick decision.”

Baer and LaRussa were among Sanchez’s first hires when he took the job in December 2014. The Rebels gave up 38.5 points and 513.5 yards per game the season before they arrived from Colorado, and this past season the numbers were down to 31.8 and 458.7."

As for UW, Willingham had brought Baer along from multiple schools (Stanford to Notre Dame to UW). Willingham was just trying to prolong/save his job by letting some coaches go. Obviously, it didn't work. "Firings" like this don't bother me much. Just like Pflu's firing at UM doesn't detract from his coaching abilities, in my view.

After Baer left UW after 2007, when UW was 4-9, UW was 0-12 the next season. Sagarin rated UW as having the toughest schedule in FBS in 2007, Baer's last year. Don't think Baer was the problem the prior year. Yards per play given up went from 6.1 to 6.6. Points given up went from 31.6 (if I did my quick caclculation right to 38.6.

do any of you recognize just how difficult it is to find a defensive coordinator for an FCS team who has vast experience as a coordinator? It's not like they grow on trees! Obviously Bobby valued his vast experience at the FBS level over hiring an FCS position coach and having him learn on the job.

Back