• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:
Did he use up his redshirt though? Maybe he’s trying to redshirt and maybe transfer.

He asked for his redshirt and Hauck told him there isn’t a spot for him on the Griz. I’m guessing it got personal at that point so Hauck just removed him all together. I disagree with this move very much and I think it leads to back to back losses

For the most part, this is what I have heard also, but not so much the "removal" part.

My question would be why wouldn’t Hauck make a scholarship available for him next year? It would be awesome to have him as a fifth-year senior and healthy to boot.

Then he has to take a scholarship from somewhere else.

grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
HookedonGriz said:
He asked for his redshirt and Hauck told him there isn’t a spot for him on the Griz. I’m guessing it got personal at that point so Hauck just removed him all together. I disagree with this move very much and I think it leads to back to back losses

For the most part, this is what I have heard also, but not so much the "removal" part.

My question would be why wouldn’t Hauck make a scholarship available for him next year? It would be awesome to have him as a fifth-year senior and healthy to boot.

Then he has to take a scholarship from somewhere else.

Well, it’s not like any of the running backs currently on the roster would be or are as good as Calhoun. I think I would make room. But that’s just me.

If he is transferring, doesn’t he have to transfer down a division so he can play? Or I guess he could be a grad transfer.

I certainly hope we have him next year! This game would not have been decided by him. Lee showed a lot last week. The game will come to which sneed we get, and our defense.

Hmmmm. Redshirt rule clouds this. Fight last spring clouds this. Injuries cloud this. I won't be surprised whatever the reason is-if we ever hear the whole truth. Hope all the best for Calhoun, if he returns or not.

...these two games...
...be all about the defense...
...that calhoun not on defense...

... :shock: ...

HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:
Did he use up his redshirt though? Maybe he’s trying to redshirt and maybe transfer.

Man I would have let him redshirt and keep him but Hauck wants to run this program his way if that is true but seems like quite the distraction all year.

If he wants to win games, he should have welcomed Calhoun back with open arms imo. Makes no sense as it’s 100% evident to everyone (except the coach) that Jeremy is the best RB and makes the team better. We have a coach who is now playing to lose.

This argument makes no sense. He didn't want to play the last 2 games to save his redshirt year. So how did Haucks decision hurt the next 2 games? HE didn't want to play the rest of the year.

It's obvious we don't need him today and we won't need him next week. One person is to blame and it's not the coach.

grizpack said:
HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:

Man I would have let him redshirt and keep him but Hauck wants to run this program his way if that is true but seems like quite the distraction all year.

If he wants to win games, he should have welcomed Calhoun back with open arms imo. Makes no sense as it’s 100% evident to everyone (except the coach) that Jeremy is the best RB and makes the team better. We have a coach who is now playing to lose.

This argument makes no sense. He didn't want to play the last 2 games to save his redshirt year. So how did Haucks decision hurt the next 2 games? HE didn't want to play the rest of the year.

I’m talking next season with a healthy, unsuspended, non dog house, all big sky RB helping this team.

HookedonGriz said:
grizpack said:
HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:

I’m talking next season with a healthy, unsuspended, non dog house, all big sky RB helping this team.

Not trying to take sides here, but....Maybe Hauck wants to get more of his guys in the rotation as soon as possible? Also (and probable) there may be more to this than just Bobby not wanting him.

retiredpopo said:
It's obvious we don't need him today and we won't need him next week. One person is to blame and it's not the coach.
Calhoun has indeed played in 4 games, SacSt,UND, UCD and SUU. Granting a 5th year redshirt schollie is the HC's decision, not the player; it is no entitlement. I doubt we know the facts here. But I suspect BH thinks it's more important for the program for him to play these games now than to hold back for next year. With his history, he is available now; who knows about next year.

MTGRZ said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizpack said:
HookedonGriz said:

Not trying to take sides here, but....Maybe Hauck wants to get more of his guys in the rotation as soon as possible? Also (and probable) there may be more to this than just Bobby not wanting him.

Oh there’s no doubt about it Bobby wants his guys. Just look at his running GJ off, Favorosa off, and putting JC in the dog house forever. Every single fan can easily see that JC is his best option at RB and his best chance of winning but he refused to cave on this. He’s being that damn stubborn. And I say this as a big fan of Eastwood.

HookedonGriz said:
MTGRZ said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizpack said:

Oh there’s no doubt about it Bobby wants his guys. Just look at his running GJ off, Favorosa off, and putting JC in the dog house forever. Every single fan can easily see that JC is his best option at RB and his best chance of winning but he refused to cave on this. He’s being that damn stubborn. And I say this as a big fan of Eastwood.

Yeah agreed. I think Calhoun gives us the best chance this year to win, obviously Bobby feels otherwise at least for next year. Hope he's right....

HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
mikegriz said:
There is the factor that Hauck is as pig-headed as they come.
There is also the factor that you don't know the facts.

I know more on this one than I hoped for, unfortunately, because it has left a bad taste in my mouth

It will all work out Mr. Calhoun. It always does.

Back