• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

Again folks. JEREMY CALHOUN decided he didn't want to play the next 2 games. That's all on him. The argument that Hauck made a decision which affects the next 2 games is complete bullshit.

Head coaches in college are paid to win games. Not to protect players or parents feelings. You know. Kind of like bosses in the real world???

grizpack said:
Again folks. JEREMY CALHOUN decided he didn't want to play the next 2 games. That's all on him. The argument that Hauck made a decision which affects the next 2 games is complete bullshit.

Head coaches in college are paid to win games. Not to protect players or parents feelings. You know. Kind of like bosses in the real world???

you don't think there is a good argument to be made that he would be a much bigger asset to the team next year than these last two games?

You are all just a bunch of paranoid dipshits. The reason he didn't make the trip is that he is redshirting & will be back next year.

greasewood said:
You are all just a bunch of paranoid dipshits. The reason he didn't make the trip is that he is redshirting & will be back next year.

He is definitely redshirting, not so sure he will be back here next year though.

kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:
It's obvious we don't need him today and we won't need him next week. One person is to blame and it's not the coach.
Calhoun has indeed played in 4 games, SacSt,UND, UCD and SUU. Granting a 5th year redshirt schollie is the HC's decision, not the player; it is no entitlement. I doubt we know the facts here. But I suspect BH thinks it's more important for the program for him to play these games now than to hold back for next year. With his history, he is available now; who knows about next year.
I gotta agree with Kem here.

I want Jeremy Calhoun to play next year, but he could help out this year's team right now a lot more than next year's team next year.

It sure sucks, but he put his head coach is a really rough position by choosing not to play the last two games, and I think Hauck is just sending a message that this is his team, and he expects his players to do everything they can to help their team, which for Calhoun means playing the last two games this season.

argh! said:
grizpack said:

you don't think there is a good argument to be made that he would be a much bigger asset to the team next year than these last two games?

I dont disagree with that. But people are arguing that Hauck somehow did something that affects this game and next week.

I'd like to know how many of you that post "I heard that..." is just a bunch of bullshit or if you really have a credible source. I think the former is true.

I'm so confused. So, he chose not to play so he could redshirt, and then Hauck kicked him off the team?

Maybe Hauck isn't that confident that Calhoun can stay healthy/out of trouble for a year and feels that scholarship would be better served on a player that can help the team for 4 or 5 years going forward? Just spitballing.

argh! said:
grizpack said:

I think there is a good argument that he is available now. How sure are you of his availability next year with his checkered history, health, suspensions, eligibility, etc.? A bird in the hand is worth several in the bush.

And Sneed can't throw long either. Can he run a little?

CDAGRIZ said:
I'm so confused. So, he chose not to play so he could redshirt, and then Hauck kicked him off the team?

No one knows on that for sure. I think he’s redshirting and that’s why he isn’t playing these last two games. Whether it’s on this team or not I don’t think anyone has solid info to know that. I’ll just stick with Rainey’s tweet and stick with that for now.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
grizpack said:

I think there is a good argument that he is available now. How sure are you of his availability next year with his checkered history, health, suspensions, eligibility, etc.? A bird in the hand is worth several in the bush.

He threw plenty long that first half!

CDAGRIZ said:

I have not heard anyone that I would consider credible that he was kicked off the team.

uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:
It's obvious we don't need him today and we won't need him next week. One person is to blame and it's not the coach.
Calhoun has indeed played in 4 games, SacSt,UND, UCD and SUU. Granting a 5th year redshirt schollie is the HC's decision, not the player; it is no entitlement. I doubt we know the facts here. But I suspect BH thinks it's more important for the program for him to play these games now than to hold back for next year. With his history, he is available now; who knows about next year.
I gotta agree with Kem here.

I want Jeremy Calhoun to play next year, but he could help out this year's team right now a lot more than next year's team next year.

It sure sucks, but he put his head coach is a really rough position by choosing not to play the last two games, and I think Hauck is just sending a message that this is his team, and he expects his players to do everything they can to help their team, which for Calhoun means playing the last two games this season.

Then just say “sorry son, we need you a lot these last two games and I can’t have you redshirt” or say “yea I like you coming back next year to help us all year”.....as opposed to no spot, no schollie, so don’t let the door hit you on the way out

CDAGRIZ said:
You are really confused. Repeating, it appears Calhoun wanted to redshirt this year - not play these last two games, presuming he would have a scholarship next year. BH does not have to prioritize that schollie for Calhoun who has walked from these last two games. Hauck was sure of his value to the program for the rest of this year; unsure of next year with his history.

HookedonGriz said:
as opposed to no spot, no schollie, so don’t let the door hit you on the way out
You don't know that. Quit making up stupid sh!t for your narrative.

CDAGRIZ said:

From what I have gathered is that Jeremy went to him saying he wanted to redshirt and Hauck told him NO. He said he needs him this year and Jeremy more then likely said he didn’t want to, to save his redshirt, So Hauck said bye.

dayday said:
kemajic said:
argh! said:
grizpack said:

He threw plenty long that first half!
I guess you can't recognize the touche'.

mtgrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

From what I have gathered is that Jeremy went to him saying he wanted to redshirt and Hauck told him NO. He said he needs him this year and Jeremy more then likely said he didn’t want to, to save his redshirt, So Hauck said bye.
Said bye to any idea of a 2019 schollie.

jodcon said:
Maybe Hauck isn't that confident that Calhoun can stay healthy/out of trouble for a year and feels that scholarship would be better served on a player that can help the team for 4 or 5 years going forward? Just spitballing.
Bingo!

Latest posts

Back