• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kaepernick, Nike, and GRIZ Athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
hilinegrizfan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
It kind of bothers me that the reason for people being behind Nike isn't because of the ad but because of the fact that Nike is in with the Griz. It's like we will over look this little bit of stupidity as long as you keep on sending us free stuff.

To me the ad is totally insensitive to the people who actually did sacrifice all. Those whose bodies came back with the same flag over their caskets that Mr K would kneel on and protest against. And I might add get very rich doing such. What the hell did he sacrifice anyway?

I saw this letter written by a widow of an American soldier. You know, one of those who did sacrifice all. But don't worry, I am sure Nike will come through this just fine and will continue to support our Griz, which is apparently the right thing to do.

http://patrioticexpress.com/america...ence-goes-directly-after-nike-and-kaepernick/

Kapernicks first form of protest was to sit on the bench, then an ex-military (green barret) teamate suggested kneeling during the national anthem because that is how they honored fallen soldiers... the point is he's not protesting the military, and there are plenty of military members who support him. he is using his platform to bring attention to a cause that is dear to him. hes not hurting anyone. peaceful protest is an american right, its not my opinion, it's a fact. if people want to boycott Nike and the NFL they are absolutely entitled to do so. I'll keep enjoying the NFL and my NIKE shoes.

Exactly, perfectly put.

mcg said:
hilinegrizfan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
It kind of bothers me that the reason for people being behind Nike isn't because of the ad but because of the fact that Nike is in with the Griz. It's like we will over look this little bit of stupidity as long as you keep on sending us free stuff.

To me the ad is totally insensitive to the people who actually did sacrifice all. Those whose bodies came back with the same flag over their caskets that Mr K would kneel on and protest against. And I might add get very rich doing such. What the hell did he sacrifice anyway?

I saw this letter written by a widow of an American soldier. You know, one of those who did sacrifice all. But don't worry, I am sure Nike will come through this just fine and will continue to support our Griz, which is apparently the right thing to do.

http://patrioticexpress.com/america...ence-goes-directly-after-nike-and-kaepernick/

Kapernicks first form of protest was to sit on the bench, then an ex-military (green barret) teamate suggested kneeling during the national anthem because that is how they honored fallen soldiers... the point is he's not protesting the military, and there are plenty of military members who support him. he is using his platform to bring attention to a cause that is dear to him. hes not hurting anyone. peaceful protest is an american right, its not my opinion, it's a fact. if people want to boycott Nike and the NFL they are absolutely entitled to do so. I'll keep enjoying the NFL and my NIKE shoes.

Exactly, perfectly put.

By the way, thank you for bringing this to my attention in a polite and none threatening way. I have been used to being blasted for saying something that another thinks as incorrect.

So thank you again.

'68griz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
hilinegrizfan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

:clap:

And another :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

...it's not about disrespecting the flag...
...it's about calling attention to racial injustice...
...what is so fcuking difficult to understand about that...
...if you're a racist..own it..don't watch football..you're not missed...

... :shock: ...

Can anyone tell me where the commercial is anti flag, military, or America? What is Nike doing wrong by telling people to believe and chase their dreams.

zengriz said:

Bingo!! Colin is protesting the flag and the men and women who served and serve it like Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation 😑 (I did not originate this comparison-attributable elsewhere but couldn’t be more apropos)

alabamagrizzly said:
Can anyone tell me where the commercial is anti flag, military, or America? What is Nike doing wrong by telling people to believe and chase their dreams.

It's not...it's actually pretty damn good, and free of any political nonsense.

It's the messenger that has people breathing into paper bags.

I don't like his method, but I support his right to protest as purely American.

I also don't have to buy from Nike - also purely American.

This whole thing is pretty ridiculous IMO.

SoldierGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Word. Also - hilarious and still applicable:
59a.png

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
I quit wearing Nike years ago, because I’m fat, have club feet, & like expensive scotch. The shoes & clothing options just don’t fit me. Have you noticed that all men’s clothing has gone the tight suit route? If you’re not squeezed into it, you’re not wearing it right. Making it tighter because they’re not putting as much cloth into the product makes them some more money & fat guys like me more self-conscious.

This company survived and prospered after all the hoopla over child labor, they’ll get through this just fine.
I'm with you; their stuff is always undersized so I never buy it for myself, but we will definitely put them out of business by refusing to buy any Nike or Jordans for the grandkids. Nike now sits alongside the NFL on my list of ghosts of former past.

I guess I'm a trendsetter. I haven't bought a Nike product in probably 10 years, nor have I watched much NFL in the last 10 years. If it weren't for ESPN I probably wouldn't know who Carly Humperdink is...
ESPN is on my list of ghosts of former past as well.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
I quit wearing Nike years ago, because I’m fat, have club feet, & like expensive scotch. The shoes & clothing options just don’t fit me. Have you noticed that all men’s clothing has gone the tight suit route? If you’re not squeezed into it, you’re not wearing it right. Making it tighter because they’re not putting as much cloth into the product makes them some more money & fat guys like me more self-conscious.

This company survived and prospered after all the hoopla over child labor, they’ll get through this just fine.
I'm with you; their stuff is always undersized so I never buy it for myself, but we will definitely put them out of business by refusing to buy any Nike or Jordans for the grandkids. Nike now sits alongside the NFL on my list of ghosts of former past.

I guess I'm a trendsetter. I haven't bought a Nike product in probably 10 years, nor have I watched much NFL in the last 10 years. If it weren't for ESPN I probably wouldn't know who Carly Humperdink is...
ESPN is on my list of ghosts of former past as well.

Rapidly becoming one of mine as well...

SoldierGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

couldn't agree more. Fortunately I started my "boycott" about 10 years early. :lol: :lol:

zengriz said:

I finally get it. He wasn't disrespecting the flag because the flag has no role during the National Anthem. Oh wait that's not it. He's wasn't disrespecting the military because they never bear the flag during the nation Anthem. Oh wait, that's not it. He was protesting racial injustice because there aren't enough black athletes in the NFL. Oh wait, that's not it. He's not disrespecting his teammates, owners and fans because he's doing this on his own time on his own property. Oh wait, that's not it. He's not disrespecting our political process because he's doing it in City Halls, in State Capitols, on Federal enclaves at public hearings. Oh wait, that's not it.

I guess i don't get it, but I have figured out as long as we believe what he says about his protest over where, when and how he only does his protest, then we'll be insulated from knee jerk pc labels of being racist. Got it!!!! And folks, that's all there is to know that's not so fcuking hard to understand.

mtgrizfankb said:
considering white middle aged or older is nike's smallest client base, they will be just fine.

This. Nike core demographics are young black males and the international market. The old white dudes using hedge clippers on their tube socks are not.

horribilisfan8184 said:
zengriz said:

I finally get it. He wasn't disrespecting the flag because the flag has no role during the National Anthem. Oh wait that's not it. He's wasn't disrespecting the military because they never bear the flag during the nation Anthem. Oh wait, that's not it. He was protesting racial injustice because there aren't enough black athletes in the NFL. Oh wait, that's not it. He's not disrespecting his teammates, owners and fans because he's doing this on his own time on his own property. Oh wait, that's not it. He's not disrespecting our political process because he's doing it in City Halls, in State Capitols, on Federal enclaves at public hearings. Oh wait, that's not it.

I guess i don't get it, but I have figured out as long as we believe what he says about his protest over where, when and how he only does his protest, then we'll be insulated from knee jerk pc labels of being racist. Got it!!!! And folks, that's all there is to know that's not so fcuking hard to understand.

...dude..back off the m and m's...
...they're getting you a little hyper...
...if you're upset..you're a racist..own it...

... :protesst: ...

horribilisfan8184 said:
zengriz said:

Wow, look at all these things you're manufacturing out of nothing and choosing to be offended about.

Well its worth a shot in here since Kyle Sample gets to do it...... Ive got a pair of Air Jordan retro 3's for sale, size 14. Now these shoes are during the pre-ban times so I figured they would be worth a little more. Im asking 1500 dollars. Hit me up if your interested.

uofmman1122 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
zengriz said:

Wow, look at all these things you're manufacturing out of nothing and choosing to be offended about.

Not offended. Just pointing out what a farce his attention grabbing antics were from the beginning. The media and bandwagon players and fans morphing it into what is now publicly professed to justify rudely offensive behavior to an entertainment audience is what is rightly be called offensive. Everything I pointed out in my sarcasm, which has gone over your heads, about the flag, soldiers, owners, fellow players, the fans, the forum is fact. I'm not taken in by this charade, sorry. But using Zen's logic, the fact that he is taken in is the result of feeling guilty about his own racism. C'mon Zen, be a man and own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back