• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Lady Griz Recruiting: 2024+

I'm annoyed that quite a bit of local talent is "good enough" to get offers to other Big Sky Schools, but not to UM. Yes, they can always say so....but it is bad optics if you don't even offer. IMO it's better to get something posted like this and the local player ends up going somewhere else. Makes it feel like they aren't even trying with the more local talent.
Sorry, didn't catch the typo in time. I mean to convey, it seems like it would be better to offer the recruit so they have an "offer from the Griz!" floating around on the interwebz and then the recruit says "no" or commits somewhere else rather than it appearing that they (UM) aren't offering at all.

I do wonder if Izzi Zingaro, a 6-4 forward from Iowa State, may be a possibility. She averaged 3.2 PPG and 2.0 RPG in 6.8 minutes in 22-23. Did not play this season.

Some highlights below:

Since she hasn't played since the 2022-2023 season when she was listed as a R-So., good question.

I think this is a solid addition. Two years of eligibility left. Provides good, much needed size. I think she could be a solid Big Sky post player.

Hope we can make a few more solid additions.
Looks pretty decent around the basket; both offensively and defensively:..had one year up north where she averaged 15.3 rebounds and 23.6 points a game before she committed to Iowa State:

I think this is a solid addition. Two years of eligibility left. Provides good, much needed size. I think she could be a solid Big Sky post player.

Hope we can make a few more solid additions.
I may have missed something from earlier but what is the status on Burton-Oliver.

This now gives the LG 3 legit bigs with physical size. Does Holsinger stay with the Princeton style off with these 3? Do these 3 have the skill set to play the pinch in over and away actions? We suspect some altering of the offense to fit those 3 posts.. perimeter plays still seems to be strength in our opinion. But why have that size and not utilize it in the BSC where it is rare. Will be interesting to see how the offense adjusts. 1 big question will be how do they guard the pic n roll with those 3 as well. We suspect a lot of drop coverage.

Current depth chart (scholarship players only):
- PG: Mack Konig, Macy Donarski
- SG: MJ Bruno, Draya Wacker
- SF: Haley Huard, Adria Lincoln
- PF: Dani Bartsch, Avery Waddington
- C: Alex Pirog, Imogen Greenslade, Izzi Zingaro

Was listing by experience more than who I think will be the actual starters.

Donarski and Greenslade are recovering from knee injuries and Wacker and Zingaro sat out last season.

Still have four scholarships available. I think we need an experienced guard or two and maybe still more inside. Excited to see how Holsinger fills out the roster.

I heard that by the second wednesday of the month of April, that is to say, the regular signing period, is the latest of those from the high school ranks to declare their commitments. Otherwise having to be a walk-on.
So, by that consideration, the LG are not hiring, so to speak, any more from the high school ranks this year? And are only going to accept from the 'Portal?' Which hasn't been unfruitful the times it has been available, seemingly, the LG getting two starters from the 'Portal' last year, but is that the only area of recruitment that's prominently resourced these days?

We heard the older Huard is no longer playing for the LG. Stepping away from basketball to finish school. Any truth to this rumor?
Heard that rumor a while back, before Macey put her name into the portal. She apparently has her degree or can get it at the end of the term. That rumor emerged again when Macey transferred out. I haven't heard anything one way or the other in the past couple of weeks. There are a few others here that probably have a better sense.

The last thing I heard was they didn't expect any more portal departures after Stump put her name in but like I said that was two or three weeks ago.

McElmurry to EWU.

Good enough to get a scholarship to EWU, but not Missoula. Maybe it wasn’t a fit, but just seems strange that she wasn’t even on the radar here. I know that second signing period HS kids are or tend to be under recruited kids, but it’s so weird how off kilter recruiting has gotten.

McElmurry to EWU.

Good enough to get a scholarship to EWU, but not Missoula. Maybe it wasn’t a fit, but just seems strange that she wasn’t even on the radar here. I know that second signing period HS kids are or tend to be under recruited kids, but it’s so weird how off kilter recruiting has gotten.
Just horrible optics to not even offer. What in the world are the men’s and women’s teams doing with local recruiting?

So far:

Gia Powell of Edmonds, Wash. has committed to Brown University of the Ivy League.
Jaecy Eggers of Woodinville, Wash, has committed to Eastern Washington
Lauryn Madsen of Warden, Wash. has committed to UC Irvine
Chloe Deharo of Spokane, Wash. has committed to Northwest Nazarene (Div. II)
Maddy Weaver of Puyallup, Wash. has committed to Chaminade Univ. of Hawaii (Div. II)
Belle Bramer of San Jose, Calif. has Committed to Lehigh.
Annie Gibbons of Issaquah, Wash. has committed to Westmont College (Div. II)

Emily McElmurry of Missoula Sentinel has received an offer from Carroll College (rated a three-star on prospectsnation.com): [updated] committed to EWU.

Would be nice if McKylee Hawkins & Kayla Lorenz, both out of Bothell, Washington, different high schools evidently, had an official/unofficial visit to the University of Montana campus/sports arena.
Don't know for certain, but I guess that Kayla Lorenz has committed to the UTRGV Vaqueros. At least her instagram indicates such.

Back