• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz - Second Exhibition game vs Carroll

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Griz2k said:
TrueGriz said:
3 weeks and 1 day from today (11/2/2019) until the massacre at the fieldhouse is going to happen. I am going to feel sorry for the Lady Griz then. I think everybody who watches this coming massacre will be walking out of the game with tears in their eyes it could be so bad.

Jesus, that's an extremely disturbing post. Maybe you'd care to rephrase?

My best guess is he's talking about when the Arizona Wildcats come to Missoula.

Bingo.

Lady Griz lost by 51 points last year. Very good chance it will be worse this year.

TrueGriz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Griz2k said:
TrueGriz said:
3 weeks and 1 day from today (11/2/2019) until the massacre at the fieldhouse is going to happen. I am going to feel sorry for the Lady Griz then. I think everybody who watches this coming massacre will be walking out of the game with tears in their eyes it could be so bad.

Bingo.

Lady Griz lost by 51 points last year. Very good chance it will be worse this year.

Excuse the error. The Lady Griz lost by 49 points. 51 points is what they scored.

Fatkin transferred from Arizona. Maybe she is wishing she didn't now. Seems it may be better to sit on the bench for a very good Arizona team in the PAC 12 than sit on the bench for a middle of the Big Sky Team.

TrueGriz said:
TrueGriz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Griz2k said:

Bingo.

Excuse the error. The Lady Griz lost by 49 points. 51 points is what they scored.

Fatkin transferred from Arizona. Maybe she is wishing she didn't now. Seems it may be better to sit on the bench for a very good Arizona team in the PAC 12 than sit on the bench for a middle of the Big Sky Team.

Fatkin is puzzling. Most thought she would be a major factor this season, and she looked like it in the Maroon-Silver scrimmage with 19 points. Then she isn't a starter in either of the exhibition games. Does little against Lewis Clark State and her one rotation against Carroll was such a disaster, she never left then bench again: 3 turnovers and 2 air balls. She looked like she didn't want to be there. It will be interesting see what she does Tuesday.

Thing is, Arizona really sucked bad two years ago when Fatkin Played there. Was't the typical PAC 12 team. Arizona lost to NAU and Long Beach State that year. both of these teams Lady Griz beat (NAU twice). NAU tied for last place in the Big Sky. Arizona also played Southern Utah and had to go 2 overtimes to win by 2. Southern Utah was also last place in the Big Sky. Just wish Lady Griz played Arizona 2 years ago. Would likely have won.

But, there were three Division 1 transfers from other PAC 12 teams that had to sit out that year. One of those players scored 28 points against the Lady Griz last year. Plus, Arizona had the 4th best recruiting class with three 4 star recruits and one 5 star recruit which Shannon raved about quite a bit after last years game.

Even though Fatkin had quite a few minutes of playing time during her one season there, I think with all the 4 and 5 star recruits coming in that she was likely not going to get that much playing time there.

But then, have to wonder if she is liking her move here now with getting so little playing time here.

TrueGriz said:

Fresno State on the 15th - that might not be fun either.

maroonandsilver said:
TrueGriz said:
TrueGriz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Bingo.

Fatkin is puzzling. Most thought she would be a major factor this season, and she looked like it in the Maroon-Silver scrimmage with 19 points. Then she isn't a starter in either of the exhibition games. Does little against Lewis Clark State and her one rotation against Carroll was such a disaster, she never left then bench again: 3 turnovers and 2 air balls. She looked like she didn't want to be there. It will be interesting see what she does Tuesday.

So here is the deal with Fatkin. She can be a major factor. Her skill level is beyond all but two other players on the team. She is quick, see's the court, has good footwork and has good shot mechanics. Her problem right now is her coach. Shannon does not instill confidence in her players. I can think of about a dozen or more kids who played for Shannon that are no longer playing for her that left the program in disgust. I believe that if Fatkin was given an honest shot(by a good coach) she would rise to the occasion. Shannon has shown over her tenure that she tends to play her "favorites" over talent time and time again. She would bench her upperclassmen and let the freshman play. Her rotations make no sense much of the time. Remember this for the rest of the season - it is not how many points you score, but if you score at least one more than the other team. Defense wins the game not offense. Robyn new this and it had a lot to do with his success over the years. What do the last three games show us-----we can't play defense agains NAIA schools. It is not looking like it will change either. Goodbye Shannon.

TrueGriz said:
Thing is, Arizona really sucked bad two years ago when Fatkin Played there. Was't the typical PAC 12 team. Arizona lost to NAU and Long Beach State that year. both of these teams Lady Griz beat (NAU twice). NAU tied for last place in the Big Sky. Arizona also played Southern Utah and had to go 2 overtimes to win by 2. Southern Utah was also last place in the Big Sky. Just wish Lady Griz played Arizona 2 years ago. Would likely have won.

But, there were three Division 1 transfers from other PAC 12 teams that had to sit out that year. One of those players scored 28 points against the Lady Griz last year. Plus, Arizona had the 4th best recruiting class with three 4 star recruits and one 5 star recruit which Shannon raved about quite a bit after last years game.

Even though Fatkin had quite a few minutes of playing time during her one season there, I think with all the 4 and 5 star recruits coming in that she was likely not going to get that much playing time there.

But then, have to wonder if she is liking her move here now with getting so little playing time here.

UMMMM. Sammy was no slouch......Prep: A 2017 graduate of Glacier Peak High ... Ranked as the 30th-best point guard in her class as a senior by ESPN.com ... Led the Grizzlies to a runner-up finish at the Class 4A state tournament as a senior ... The Everett Herald Player of the Year as a senior after averaging 14.4 points, 7.2 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 2.0 steals for a team that went 24-2 ... Owns the Glacier Peak record for assists in a season. Boom!

grizzlyjournal said:
HookedonGriz said:
Please tell me Carroll college is insanely legit because it’s somewhat embarrassing to almost lose to them. Sounds like they easily could have. I know they were good last year and Griz still neat them by like 20, correct?

Carroll is legit.

:lol: :lol:

Walkon79 said:
grizzlyjournal said:
HookedonGriz said:
Please tell me Carroll college is insanely legit because it’s somewhat embarrassing to almost lose to them. Sounds like they easily could have. I know they were good last year and Griz still neat them by like 20, correct?

Carroll is legit.

It takes a serious keyboard warrior to come and talk shit about women’s basketball. I hope you’re wearing a helmet as you eat those crayons.

Walkon79 said:
grizzlyjournal said:
HookedonGriz said:

Carroll is legit.

I wrote that Carroll is legit. I'll stand by that. Currently, Carroll is the NAIA D1 seventh-ranked women's team and one of the early favorites in the Frontier Conference. In my eyes, that makes them legit. I also believe the MSU Bobcat women are legit. They were the unanimous media and coaches' picks to win the Big Sky Conference this season. Senior laden, they pretty easily beat a respected Cal Davis team last week. I personally do not see the need to demean a good lower division school... even if it did get easily dispatched by a very respectable Bobcat team.

grizzlyjournal said:
Walkon79 said:
grizzlyjournal said:
HookedonGriz said:

Carroll is legit.

I wrote that Carroll is legit. I'll stand by that. Currently, Carroll is the NAIA D1 seventh-ranked women's team and one of the early favorites in the Frontier Conference. In my eyes, that makes them legit. I also believe the MSU Bobcat women are legit. They were the unanimous media and coaches' picks to win the Big Sky Conference this season. Senior laden, they pretty easily beat a respected Cal Davis team last week. I personally do not see the need to demean a good lower division school... even if it did get easily dispatched by a very respectable Bobcat team.

Journal is FEISTY this season! I like it!

PeauxRouge said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Walkon79 said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Carroll is legit.

Journal is FEISTY this season! I like it!
My bad. Looking back on this I didn't need to be a jerk. Just surprised that the Lady Griz needed overtime and the Bobcats were up 45-13 at the half. Carroll just got steamrolled in all phases in the first 20 minutes.

grizzlyjournal said:
Walkon79 said:
grizzlyjournal said:
HookedonGriz said:

Carroll is legit.

You are funny. Yes they are legit...for NAIA. Not even in the same league as a D1 school...unless you are the Lady Griz or the bottom of the Big Sky!!! MSU is a better program right now than the Lady Griz. (Don't get me wrong, we have some great kids and talent but Shannon does not know what to do with them.) They(MSU) have a better coach and philosophy. Fresno State is on Friday. Lets see how we do Against a team that has been in the WNIT the last two years? Then we can talk.

moneyball said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Walkon79 said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Carroll is legit.

You are funny. Yes they are legit...for NAIA. Not even in the same league as a D1 school...unless you are the Lady Griz or the bottom of the Big Sky!!! MSU is a better program right now than the Lady Griz. (Don't get me wrong, we have some great kids and talent but Shannon does not know what to do with them.) They(MSU) have a better coach and philosophy. Fresno State is on Friday. Lets see how we do Against a team that has been in the WNIT the last two years? Then we can talk.

My understanding of “legit” in sports goes well beyond being a Griz fan, moneyball… and I’m waaay to old to be a pollyanna. But beyond that: I am a Montana alum, fan & booster in all phases (academics, arts, sports) and support the system to a degree of 100… as in percent. I will NOT be a part of any verbal/written shots being taken at ANY Montana players, coaches, or administrators. Starting tonight, I will attend three games this weekend (and watch a fourth on delayed stream) in support of the Montana Grizzlies. I reserve the right, however, to direct an occasional gripe :) at an official. Go Griz.

Grizzly journal I do love your positivity and your enthusiasm toward all things Griz. However given that, you must admit it makes you pretty blind in terms of giving a fair review. All we are saying is that the Griz should have pretty easily had their way with naia Carroll College. Maybe not to the tune the Cats did, but seriously should have still dominated them. If the lady Griz can barely squeak by Carroll, they’re going to be in a world of hurt this season just watch

HookedonGriz said:
Grizzly journal I do love your positivity and your enthusiasm toward all things Griz. However given that, you must admit it makes you pretty blind in terms of giving a fair review. All we are saying is that the Griz should have pretty easily had their way with naia Carroll College. Maybe not to the tune the Cats did, but seriously should have still dominated them. If the lady Griz can barely squeak by Carroll, they’re going to be in a world of hurt this season just watch

:thumb:

HookedonGriz said:

I will watch. Every game.

Back