• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz

OregonStateFan said:
Per the Washington State WBB schedule, the Lady Griz are playing in Pullman on December 2.

Cougs have a solid team and are well coached, so it’ll be interesting to see how the Lady Griz match up.

I know history in WBB doesn't mean a huge amount, but the Lady Griz have won the last 5 meetings (over about 21 years). Last time they played was in March of 2014.

OregonStateFan said:
Per the Washington State WBB schedule, the Lady Griz are playing in Pullman on December 2.

Cougs have a solid team and are well coached, so it’ll be interesting to see how the Lady Griz match up.

That's nice of them.

Also, Washington State's previous game before they host the LG is South Dakota State on 28 November. SDSU won the WNIT last 02 April 2022, beating such teams as Minnesota, Drake, Alabama, and UCLA, etc. they went 29-9 last year and 17-1 in conference. Losing their Conference Tournament Championship to South Dakota. Not good enough for an at-large invite into the NCAA Tournament, I guess.

From that team they return six of their top seven players, overall. And two of those were freshmen last year in Paige Meyer and Timmer. Having five players with a FG % of over 50 and three of over 40 % on their treys. I think South Dakota State will be a tough team to beat this year. Be interesting to see how they do. They may be back with a vengeance.

WyomingGrizFan said:
OregonStateFan said:

That's nice of them.

Also, Washington State's previous game before they host the LG is South Dakota State on 28 November. SDSU won the WNIT last 02 April 2022, beating such teams as Minnesota, Drake, Alabama, and UCLA, etc. they went 29-9 last year and 17-1 in conference. Losing their Conference Tournament Championship to South Dakota. Not good enough for an at-large invite into the NCAA Tournament, I guess.

From that team they return six of their top seven players, overall. And two of those were freshmen last year in Paige Meyer and Timmer. Having five players with a FG % of over 50 and three of over 40 % on their treys. I think South Dakota State will be a tough team to beat this year. Be interesting to see how they do. They may be back with a vengeance.

Sounds like they should be playing with a massive chip on their shoulder.

717s7e said:
It was an interesting session. Coach had them run a lot of intricate dribbling drills followed by fun competitive shooting drills. Everyone seems to be bonding and enjoying the experience. As for the new players, I can't single out anyone because they all look very athletic. There was only a limited scrimmage drill - maybe 10 minutes of 5 on 4. The new kids are all talented and none of them look like freshmen. I used to go to early practices to see if any of the freshmen looked like upper classmen - now they all do.

I was assuming that Draya Wacker coming from Class C Melstone would be behind the others - not the case. She is an excellent dribbler and shooter. I came away with a smile on my face thinking that we have a superb coach who is loved and respected by the players and players who are a level above what we are used to seeing. It should be a fun year. There was no news on an assistant to replace Jordan Sullivan. I am excited! Think about joining the Lady Griz Hoop Club. The chalk talks in the Sky Box prior to each game are great.

Thankss for sharing

Latest posts

Back