• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Let the conference realignment begin!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
GrizLA said:
I agree, as well. I've had USC (Gamecocks) passes for three years and see lots of SEC games. But, the only exciting thing to see is the pregame pageantry that is truly impressive. USC puts on a show, even though it loses a lot. The best football is at Furman, Citadel, Charleston, and South Carolina State.

I lived in Laramie for 7 years, and went to many college football games there during the Josh Allen years. I wouldn’t consider the Mountain west big time college football even though it’s FBS. UM and MSU would fit so well in that conference. It’s a shame that we can’t seem to get an invite as I believe it would be good for our programs.
I went to the game down there a few years back and I'd agree about the atmosphere and the small town feel. I really enjoyed it and the drive in was beautiful if you like that high plains ranch country. The only down sides were the lightning delay and the final score.

SaskGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I lived in Laramie for 7 years, and went to many college football games there during the Josh Allen years. I wouldn’t consider the Mountain west big time college football even though it’s FBS. UM and MSU would fit so well in that conference. It’s a shame that we can’t seem to get an invite as I believe it would be good for our programs.
I went to the game down there a few years back and I'd agree about the atmosphere and the small town feel. I really enjoyed it and the drive in was beautiful if you like that high plains ranch country. The only down sides were the lightning delay and the final score.

I was at that game also. Wouldn't trade our stadium or atmosphere for theirs.

MikeyGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

I was at that game also. Wouldn't trade our stadium or atmosphere for theirs.
Yeah, no, I wasn't saying it was the same. Just saying I enjoyed the experience and I understand what he means. But was it WGS? Pump the brakes on that idea.

"Is this heaven? No it's Washington Griz."

(Yeah, no or no, yeah; are classic Saskatchewan ways to explain a situation that we feel deserves an explanation. "I thought I seen you at the rink, Saturday?" "Yeah, no, the wife's people were down, so we got on the piss pretty good." Or "Are you still good to take the kids to hockey on Friday or are you still combining?" "No, yeah, I'll pick them up around 4:00, and we'll stop at Tim's on the way back.")

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
GrizLA said:
I agree, as well. I've had USC (Gamecocks) passes for three years and see lots of SEC games. But, the only exciting thing to see is the pregame pageantry that is truly impressive. USC puts on a show, even though it loses a lot. The best football is at Furman, Citadel, Charleston, and South Carolina State.

Doubt we would accept an invite if we got one.

kemajic said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Doubt we would accept an invite if we got one.
Unfortunately, Kem is probably correct.

Because as desirable as it would be to move to the Mountain West, it would likely be determined by our administration it isn’t possible. My view, not necessarily Kem’s.

Back