• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lucas Semb

Griz Addict said:
mthoopsfan said:
[*]

Banning a Chinese products that can collect data and is deemed to be a security risk, is not cancelling. You don't know what canceling is. "Canceling and cancel culture have to do with the removing of support for public figures in response to their objectionable behavior or opinions. This can include boycotts or refusal to promote their work."

"Australia has become the latest country to ban TikTok from federal government devices, as concerns grow over the privacy and security of the Chinese-owned video-sharing app.

The United States, Canada, Britain and New Zealand - which form with Australia the so-called "Five Eyes" intelligence-sharing partners - have all taken similar steps against TikTok in recent weeks"

"EU bans TikTok from official devices across all three government institutions"

"On Monday, the White House directed federal agencies to remove TikTok from all government-issued devices within 30 days, with few exceptions.

The move added to growing efforts by the United States to clampdown on the app amid renewed security concerns."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/tech/tiktok-eu-ban-intl-hnk/index.html

Yeah because the powers I charge aren't scared of data. They seen how tik tok brings people together and they don't want the people to stand up for themselves. Weird how it wasn't an issue until recently, when more people have been talking about how the system is poop.

I watched the court proceedings. It's complete poop and our politicians looked/sounded like fools. Gotta keep the sheep in line!

Also, you do realize that numerous companies in China have already collected your data, right? The only way to prevent any of this is to shut down the internet all together...

Griz Addict said:
Griz Addict said:
Yeah because the powers I charge aren't scared of data. They seen how tik tok brings people together and they don't want the people to stand up for themselves. Weird how it wasn't an issue until recently, when more people have been talking about how the system is poop.

I watched the court proceedings. It's complete poop and our politicians looked/sounded like fools. Gotta keep the sheep in line!

Also, you do realize that numerous companies in China have already collected your data, right? The only way to prevent any of this is to shut down the internet all together...

Indeed, Facebook and Google gather the most data. Tiktok is barely a pimple on their arse.

“This week’s biggest surprise was Tuesday’s last-ditch $787 million settlement of the Dominion v. Fox News lawsuit. Despite the eye-watering payout, Fox sources tell Cockburn that the mood internally at the network was “ebullient.” This is perhaps unsurprising, given how Fox’s foes were slavering at the prospect of Rupert Murdoch, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity et al being hauled before the court.

Also Cockburn understands that Fox will only end up shelling out around half of the settlement fee, due to insurance liability coverage. Plus, the payout is tax deductible: what a bargain!” Source: Spectator.

(Insurance pays half. If Fox pay $400 million pre-tax,
that will deuce the actual coat to about $300 million.)

GrizMania said:
Griz Addict said:

Indeed, Facebook and Google gather the most data. Tiktok is barely a pimple on their arse.

The point is that Facebook and Google are not owned by a foreign power.

mthoopsfan said:
GrizMania said:

Do you know where all the server farms are for FB and Google are?

GrizMania said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yes, I know about Google and Facebook server farms. None in China to my knowledge. https://dgtlinfra.com/google-cloud-data-center-locations/

Do you know? Why do you ask?

Google and Facebook haven’t been been allowed to operate for almost 15 years.

GrizMania said:
mthoopsfan said:
Most of their datacenters are in the US, although they have some in Europe and a few each in Asia.

The truth is that most Americans don't care that US companies are stealing their data and spying on them, so they don't see it as a double standard.

uofmman1122 said:
GrizMania said:
Most of their datacenters are in the US, although they have some in Europe and a few each in Asia.

The truth is that most Americans don't care that US companies are stealing their data and spying on them, so they don't see it as a double standard.

Asia, but not China, to my knowledge. Singapore. Maybe some in Hong Kong. Friendly countries. If you click on my above Google link, and go to the maps, none in China.

mthoopsfan said:
uofmman1122 said:

Asia, but not China, to my knowledge. Singapore. Maybe some in Hong Kong. Friendly countries. If you click on my above Google link, and go to the maps, none in China.

Yes, not China, who I trust 0% ...but I don't trust the other locations much more. Frankly, it doesn't really matter where a server is, if it's connected to the web it's suspect. Imo no govt employees should have those social apps on a work phone or anything on their own phone that might compromise security. Having said that...so much of our information is out there that the idea of privacy is, sadly, Ludacris.

I've done private and govt investigation work, and its amazing how easy it is to find info on people.

Bottom line, we're not far off on our opinion of tiktok.

mthoopsfan said:
“This week’s biggest surprise was Tuesday’s last-ditch $787 million settlement of the Dominion v. Fox News lawsuit. Despite the eye-watering payout, Fox sources tell dna rifle that the mood internally at the network was “ebullient.” This is perhaps unsurprising, given how Fox’s foes were slavering at the prospect of Rupert Murdoch, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity et al being hauled before the court.

Also dna rifle understands that Fox will only end up shelling out around half of the settlement fee, due to insurance liability coverage. Plus, the payout is tax deductible: what a bargain!” Source: Spectator.

(Insurance pays half. If Fox pay $400 million pre-tax,
that will deuce the actual coat to about $300 million.)

Fox still has another possible payout in the future with Smartmatic. Dominion has a list of of others that will be paying them because of this nonsense. They won also because a trial would have set up years of potential appeals. It definitely confirms that Fox is big enough to absorb the costs of spreading lies. Newsmax might not be able to. This story is the best one though. https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/04/20/mike-lindell-prove-wrong-contest/

mthoopsfan said:
Can anyone provide quote and link to anything that any Fox employee said, on air, about Dominion, that was a lie?

Defining “lying” is like when Bill Clinton defined “sexual relations.” They knew the reports about Dominion and Smartmatic were complete lies from their internal emails. They promoted it and like anyone with a functioning mind knew it was a lie. They didn’t pay $800 million for no reason. Newsmax started apologizing way before Fox News because they knew. They promoted to keep viewers because the MAGA folks were still pissed they called election for Biden. People can minimize all they want but it’s still one of the largest defamation payouts in history. The “Big Lie” indeed.

mthoopsfan said:
Can anyone provide quote and link to anything that any Fox employee said, on air, about Dominion, that was a lie?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/02/27/rupert-murdoch-testimony-fox-dominion/

UncleRico said:
mthoopsfan said:

Defining “lying” is like when Bill Clinton defined “the deed relations.” They knew the reports about Dominion and Smartmatic were complete lies from their internal emails. They promoted it and like anyone with a functioning mind knew it was a lie. They didn’t pay $800 million for no reason. Newsmax started apologizing way before Fox News because they knew. They promoted to keep viewers because the MAGA folks were still pissed they called election for Biden. People can minimize all they want but it’s still one of the largest defamation payouts in history. The “Big Lie” indeed.

I knew no one could point where a Fox person lied about Dominion. Again, the instance companies are paying half. A few days of revenue for Fox. The Biggest Lie was Russia Hoax.

mthoopsfan said:
UncleRico said:
Defining “lying” is like when Bill Clinton defined “the deed relations.” They knew the reports about Dominion and Smartmatic were complete lies from their internal emails. They promoted it and like anyone with a functioning mind knew it was a lie. They didn’t pay $800 million for no reason. Newsmax started apologizing way before Fox News because they knew. They promoted to keep viewers because the MAGA folks were still pissed they called election for Biden. People can minimize all they want but it’s still one of the largest defamation payouts in history. The “Big Lie” indeed.

I knew no one could point where a Fox person lied about Dominion. Again, the instance companies are paying half. A few days of revenue for Fox. The Biggest Lie was Russia Hoax.
A few days of revenue to spread known disinformation. They promoted Sydney Powell. They promoted Mike Lindell. They knew they were lying. Just because a corporation like Fox is big enough to not be hit financially doesn’t mean they weren’t lying. I will line up the Mueller Report and anything Fox News or Newsmax reported about the 2020 election and compare them for accuracy anytime. One has been vetted publicly and the other has failed in every single legal challenge it has faced. There has never been one credible report the 2020 election was stolen from Trump. Not one.

Are people on here really mad at bud light while at the same time sticking up for Fox News' "honest" reporting?

Fu-Qc-N4sa-EAA-4-V8.jpg

This place has really turned into a cesspool

UncleRico said:
Fahque said:
Are people on here really mad at bud light while at the same time sticking up for Fox News' "honest" reporting?

Fu-Qc-N4sa-EAA-4-V8.jpg

This place has really turned into a cesspool

Snowflakes

Nothing says snowflake more than getting mad at a beer company who used a trans person as a spokesperson only to turn around and promote a beer company who used a trans person as a spokesperson…

FtTZW-gXoAATL-P

https://twitter.com/happydad/status/1512509469439127556?lang=en

Back