• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU looking into COA

COA is in fact a dividing line between FBS and FCS.

FCS teams with it:

UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, and now JMU.

FBS teams without it:

NMSU, UL-Monroe

So schools that want FBS add COA.

JMU just added expanded COA last year as they only had it for basketball teams previously, even though its CAA conference was opposed to COA. JMU is listed in another thread here about wanting FBS.

COA for just m/w basketball is possible, but COA for just fb is complicated, as the same % of women scholarships must get COA. Many DI basketball schools have it only for basketball.

UNDfan said:

FCS teams with it:

FBS teams without it:

NMSU, UL-Monroe

JMU just added expanded COA last year as they only had it for basketball teams previously, even though its CAA conference was opposed to COA. JMU is listed in another thread here about wanting FBS.

COA for just m/w basketball is possible, but COA for just fb is complicated, as the same % of women scholarships must get COA. Many DI basketball schools have it only for basketball.

Get your shit straight, okay? Your worthless scribes remind me of all my NoDak relatives who chose, of their own volition, to go to North Dakota instead of NDSU.

https://www-richmond-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/james-madison/as-jmu-and-w-m-are-establishing-cost-of-attendance/article_1c9a7488-8ffa-5f62-81c4-27017de0c9eb.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15800457036168&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.richmond.com%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Fschools%2Fjames-madison%2Fas-jmu-and-w-m-are-establishing-cost-of-attendance%2Farticle_1c9a7488-8ffa-5f62-81c4-27017de0c9eb.html

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
UNDfan said:

FCS teams with it:

FBS teams without it:

NMSU, UL-Monroe

Get your shit straight, okay? Your worthless scribes remind me of all my NoDak relatives who chose, of their own volition, to go to North Dakota instead of NDSU.

https://www-richmond-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/james-madison/as-jmu-and-w-m-are-establishing-cost-of-attendance/article_1c9a7488-8ffa-5f62-81c4-27017de0c9eb.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15800457036168&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.richmond.com%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Fschools%2Fjames-madison%2Fas-jmu-and-w-m-are-establishing-cost-of-attendance%2Farticle_1c9a7488-8ffa-5f62-81c4-27017de0c9eb.html
:D :D :D

You can’t read apparently.

William & Mary only have COA for basketball. JMU now effectively has it for everything.

You know the old saying. If you can’t run with the big dogs stay in the porch!

I just can’t see UM investing all it has on the Champions Center and other recent and upcoming project just to complete at the FCS level.

UNDfan said:

FCS teams with it:

FBS teams without it:

NMSU, UL-Monroe

Broken facial capillaries and foot amputations are in fact dividing lines between the Dakota Four and the rest of the nation. It’s like the old saying we all learned in grade school, “Flat, fat, cold, and stupid.” If they aren’t too scared, I would look for them to form their own subdivision and play round robins. At the end of the season, they can have a banquet in Grand Forks and talk about how they’re all champions. They could call it D4 Football.

UNDfan said:

FCS teams with it:

FBS teams without it:

NMSU, UL-Monroe

UDSU, SDSU and JMU are doing COA because they want to maintain a competitive edge at the top of the FCS, USD is is doing it because the want to be with SDSU. UND is dong it because hockey.

MSU wants it because they believe they can/should be at the top of the FCS also, UM will will do the same as MSU for the same reasons.

FBS is not a factor in any of this.

I'm kind of surprised this is actually news. This is a "duh" story. This is from the Chronicle story:

"MSU athletic director Leon Costello told the Chronicle his department is working on implementing plans to offer a form of cost of attendance to its athletes, saying MSU “potentially” could provide it in the 2020-21 school year.

Considering the preliminary stage of the plan, Costello did not provide full details on exactly how much MSU would spend on each athlete, team or even total. He said the school would take a yearly approach and examine how much could feasibly be spent, all in hopes of growing incrementally."

Don't you think you could substitute UM athletic director Kent Haslam for MSU athletic director Leon Costello and it would be the same story?

kyle_sample said:
I'm kind of surprised this is actually news. This is a "duh" story. This is from the Chronicle story:

"MSU athletic director Leon Costello told the Chronicle his department is working on implementing plans to offer a form of cost of attendance to its athletes, saying MSU “potentially” could provide it in the 2020-21 school year.

Considering the preliminary stage of the plan, Costello did not provide full details on exactly how much MSU would spend on each athlete, team or even total. He said the school would take a yearly approach and examine how much could feasibly be spent, all in hopes of growing incrementally."

Don't you think you could substitute UM athletic director Kent Haslam for MSU athletic director Leon Costello and it would be the same story?

Word on the street is that Haslam and Hauck are looking into some things. I probably should keep this on the Club side, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate:

"UM athletic director Kent Haslam told a source his department is working on implementing plans to win an FCS Championship as early as the 2020 season. The source confirmed that head football coach Bobby Hacuk is 'on board' with the idea.

Considering the preliminary stage of the plan, Haslam did not provide full details on exactly how UM plans to accomplish the goal. He said the department would take a monthly approach and examine the progress of the plan, all in hopes of perhaps going undefeated en route to the 2020 championship.

In related news, a GrizFanPod host who would only give the initials BW to remain anonymous, confirmed Monday that he was 'looking into' making $14 billion in 2020 and possibly attending several dates with actress Mila Kunis and/or singer Shakira."

Sometimes I don’t know what’s real and what isn’t real on this website.

When Stitt was here, I read that our goal was mediocrity. Now that Bobby’s back, I see that we’re considering becoming champions. I kind of like that idea.

Jesus, we should make up our minds. Or spend some money. Or something.

AllWeatherFan said:
Sometimes I don’t know what’s real and what isn’t real on this website.

When Stitt was here, I read that our goal was mediocrity. Now that Bobby’s back, I see that we’re considering becoming champions. I kind of like that idea.

Jesus, we should make up our minds. Or spend some money. Or something.
Agree. What money?

grizindabox said:
I am looking into a rich model to be my sugar mama....it has been a long search, but I am persistent.

You should contact the Spokesman to write an article about this very newsworthy story. The public should know about this. Bonus points if you are unable to provide even the most basic details about your plan, and instead basically say that you plan to "play it by ear."

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

FCS teams with it:

FBS teams without it:

NMSU, UL-Monroe

Broken facial capillaries and foot amputations are in fact dividing lines between the Dakota Four and the rest of the nation. It’s like the old saying we all learned in grade school, “Flat, fat, cold, and stupid.” If they aren’t too scared, I would look for them to form their own subdivision and play round robins. At the end of the season, they can have a banquet in Grand Forks and talk about how they’re all champions. They could call it D4 Football.

If you for one minute believe that that banquet wont be held in Minot at the Grand Hotel youre fooling yourself.

Right off their front page......Straightforward hotel with a steakhouse and an indoor pool.

GrandForks cant compete.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
I am looking into a rich model to be my sugar mama....it has been a long search, but I am persistent.

You should contact the Spokesman to write an article about this very newsworthy story. The public should know about this. Bonus points if you are unable to provide even the most basic details about your plan, and instead basically say that you plan to "play it by ear."

How about a name for the plan? Im pitching...Things that seem like options in this decade. Thoughts?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

FCS teams with it:

FBS teams without it:

NMSU, UL-Monroe

If you for one minute believe that that banquet wont be held in Minot at the Grand Hotel youre fooling yourself.

Right off their front page......Straightforward hotel with a steakhouse and an indoor pool.

GrandForks cant compete.

You're so right. I'll wear this one. :oops:
With a steakhouse and indoor pool, the Grand checks all the boxes.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

How about a name for the plan? Im pitching...Things that seem like options in this decade. Thoughts?

I like it. But it can't be leaked to the media just yet. I'm thinking something big, like a Gala or a ribbon cutting ceremony, to really kick this off. Maybe even a Super Bowl ad. Box might have his own ideas on how he wants to make the announcement, so I will leave it to him.

As for the UM leaders, I'm glad they are looking into the NC plan. I'm a little bit concerned that they haven't made a formal announcement that they are looking into cost of attendance, however. It can only mean that they aren't looking into it.

Haslam gave some details about COA and UM’s plans on the latest Inside The Den podcast. As expected this is a conversation that’s been on the table at UM since the NCAA started allowing it. It also sounds like this is a topic that is directed by the MUS, similar to conference affiliation, coaching contracts, etc.

It will be interesting to see how this topic progresses.

Jaredkuehn said:
Haslam gave some details about COA and UM’s plans on the latest Inside The Den podcast. As expected this is a conversation that’s been on the table at UM since the NCAA started allowing it. It also sounds like this is a topic that is directed by the MUS, similar to conference affiliation, coaching contracts, etc.

I don’t see the MUS playing a big role in this at all.

wbtfg said:
Jaredkuehn said:

I don’t see the MUS playing a big role in this at all.
Ok

Back