• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray out for 2018 season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HookedonGriz said:
Well everyone says he can’t pass....guess that counts for classes too? Too soon?

Never too soon...hahaha. But, it's always sad when this happens, no matter the team. There are (should be) things in place to make sure they attend class, study time dedicated, coaches in your ear, teammates, etc (bigger schools hot girls that do homework for you). crazy

AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
Well everyone says he can’t pass....guess that counts for classes too? Too soon?

Never too soon...hahaha. But, it's always sad when this happens, no matter the team. There are (should be) things in place to make sure they attend class, study time dedicated, coaches in your ear, teammates, etc (bigger schools hot girls that do homework for you). crazy

That’s exactly right, all kidding aside, it’s sad and unfortunate for him as a person to be struggling like that.
From the sounds of Choate’s interview yesterday, he was very clear that things have been in place to help him with school and they have been for awhile. Which makes it even more of a head scratcher.
Whether he plays football for the Cats ever again or not, hope he gets that stuff figured out and can continue in school and graduate.

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
I will fully own that I deserve those replies. I definitely worded it wrong and it came across badly. My main point is really more that neither team knows much about their QB’s right now heading into the season. JUCO transfers and young unproven players on both squads. If you told either fan base at the end of this last season that the QB position would be up for grabs like this going into the upcoming season, few would have believed it.

No, you are still wrong. UM knows a lot about Sneed, it's starter. He has been followed by Hauck and others for multiple years, and was recruited by them to UNLV. He started 6 or 7 games at UNLV (and Hauck et al are aware of that). He played at a JC last year. He has 2 seasons of college ball under his belt, most of which were as a starter. He had a good spring for the Griz, at or close to being the no. 1 qb.

The Cats now do not have a proven qb, or even anyone who has completed a pass in D-I. Don't think they even have a qb who was a starter for a full season at a JC or lower level.

How can you continue to post such nonsense? Sorry, you are either a complete troll and just plain stupid about football.

Relax PR

Not going to get into another debate about Sneed, you obviously are sold on the guy. He may be great, not saying he won’t be.

He transferred from a JUCO, correct?
My statement was both teams have mainly JUCO transfers and young unproven players at QB right now so it’s hard to really know what they have. Yes, Sneed played in spring ball, that’s more than the Cats know about Jonsen but we’ll see if it translates to the regular season.

Griz have what, 2 guys coming from JUCO, the young Alabama transfer and Graves, an incoming freshman at the QB position, right?
Cats have 1 JUCO kid, a young Rovig that’s entering his 2nd year, 2 incoming Freshman and Andersen, a sophomore who hasn’t thrown a college pass that will be competing at the QB position.
So no, I don’t think I’m wrong there, my statement was simply that both teams have JUCO and young, unproven guys coming in to compete a year after both teams thought they had the starting QB role settled for the next couple years. That’s a statement that I’m surprised that even you find a way to argue. But then again, you argue everything.

Look, you continue to post stupid stuff. Sneed started 6 games at UNLV, an FBS school. He started most recently at a JC. He was recruited originally by Hauck and Rosie. He had a terrific spring. Perhaps he isn't "proven" in your mind, but he is miles ahead of anyone MSU has on the roster.

MSU doesn't have anyone on the roster who has started more than a few college games. No one who played and started in FBS. Even Humphrey has more and better experience than your JC guy.

Does this look like a team with a solid QB situation? The Cats better pray that Jonsen emerges.

"“This is going to be a situation where we’re going to have three or four guys that are going to be getting after it and competing, and the best man is going to win,” Choate said during a conference call Wednesday. “The guy that’s most consistent — not just the best option that we have — but I think the best guy for our team and our system will end up being our quarterback.”

Three or four guys is plenty, but it could be as many as five if you include multitalented Dillon product Troy Andersen, who Choate said will potentially be in the mix for the job due to his unique and versatile skill set.

The other candidates are expected to be junior Travis Jonsen, redshirt freshman Tucker Rovig and incoming true freshmen Casey Bauman and Ruben Beltran. There isn’t a Division I snap among them.

“We’re going to have to use a lot of team reps” in fall camp, Choate said. “We’re going to have to throw some live bullets at these guys. We’re not going to find out if they’re game ready by doing 7 on 7 or plays on air.

“We’re going to have to put these guys in a lot of live situations. The biggest difference is we’re going to have to script in more live reps for these guys to be able to get a body of work and decide who the right guy is for us.”

Choate said he hopes the team is settled on a quarterback before the end of fall camp, which opens Aug. 3. MSU begins its season at home on Aug. 30 against Western Illinois."

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/next-man-up-a-closer-look-at-montana-state-s/article_faea74f6-0131-5472-a77e-0a31cd98a851.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
I will fully own that I deserve those replies. I definitely worded it wrong and it came across badly. My main point is really more that neither team knows much about their QB’s right now heading into the season. JUCO transfers and young unproven players on both squads. If you told either fan base at the end of this last season that the QB position would be up for grabs like this going into the upcoming season, few would have believed it.

No, you are still wrong. UM knows a lot about Sneed, it's starter. He has been followed by Hauck and others for multiple years, and was recruited by them to UNLV. He started 6 or 7 games at UNLV (and Hauck et al are aware of that). He played at a JC last year. He has 2 seasons of college ball under his belt, most of which were as a starter. He had a good spring for the Griz, at or close to being the no. 1 qb.

The Cats now do not have a proven qb, or even anyone who has completed a pass in D-I. Don't think they even have a qb who was a starter for a full season at a JC or lower level.

How can you continue to post such nonsense? Sorry, you are either a complete troll and just plain stupid about football.

Relax PR

Not going to get into another debate about Sneed, you obviously are sold on the guy. He may be great, not saying he won’t be.

My statement was both teams have mainly JUCO transfers and young unproven players at QB right now so it’s hard to really know what they have. Yes, Sneed played in spring ball, that’s more than the Cats know about Jonsen but we’ll see if it translates to the regular season.

Griz have what, 2 guys coming from JUCO, the young Alabama transfer and Graves, an incoming freshman at the QB position, right?
Cats have 1 JUCO kid, a young Rovig that’s entering his 2nd year, 2 incoming Freshman and Andersen, a sophomore who hasn’t thrown a college pass that will be competing at the QB position.
So no, I don’t think I’m wrong there, my statement was simply that both teams have JUCO and young, unproven guys coming in to compete a year after both teams thought they had the starting QB role settled for the next couple years. That’s a statement that I’m surprised that even you find a way to argue. But then again, you argue everything.

Look, you continue to post stupid stuff. Sneed started 6 games at UNLV, an FBS school. He started most recently at a JC. He was recruited originally by Hauck and Rosie. He had a terrific spring. Perhaps he isn't "proven" in your mind, but he is miles ahead of anyone MSU has on the roster.

MSU doesn't have anyone on the roster who has started more than a few college games. No one who played and started in FBS. Even Humphrey has more and better experience than your JC guy.

So.... you don’t agree with me?
My intention is not to get you going, but man are you easy to get going...

Apparently agree to disagree though. Somehow you have found a way to argue the fact that both teams are relying on JUCO guys and young guys to take over the QB position this year. That is a fact. I know Sneed played at UNLV, but where did he play last year? A JUCO, therefore he is a JUCO transfer, is he not?

He may be ahead of anyone on the Cats roster, you are really sticking to that argument, I’m not arguing it as it’s an obvious fact as well. He has more D1 experience than the Cats most experienced option, Jonsen.

PlayerRep said:
Does this look like a team with a solid QB situation? The Cats better pray that Jonsen emerges.

"“This is going to be a situation where we’re going to have three or four guys that are going to be getting after it and competing, and the best man is going to win,” Choate said during a conference call Wednesday. “The guy that’s most consistent — not just the best option that we have — but I think the best guy for our team and our system will end up being our quarterback.

Three or four guys is plenty, but it could be as many as five if you include multitalented Dillon product Troy Andersen, who Choate said will potentially be in the mix for the job due to his unique and versatile skill set.

The other candidates are expected to be junior Travis Jonsen, redshirt freshman Tucker Rovig and incoming true freshmen Casey Bauman and Ruben Beltran. There isn’t a Division I snap among them.

“We’re going to have to use a lot of team reps” in fall camp, Choate said. “We’re going to have to throw some live bullets at these guys. We’re not going to find out if they’re game ready by doing 7 on 7 or plays on air.

“We’re going to have to put these guys in a lot of live situations. The biggest difference is we’re going to have to script in more live reps for these guys to be able to get a body of work and decide who the right guy is for us.”

Choate said he hopes the team is settled on a quarterback before the end of fall camp, which opens Aug. 3. MSU begins its season at home on Aug. 30 against Western Illinois."

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/next-man-up-a-closer-look-at-montana-state-s/article_faea74f6-0131-5472-a77e-0a31cd98a851.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

but I think the best guy for our team and our system will end up being our quarterback.
:lol: :lol: I got a kick out of that comment

1972 said:
PlayerRep said:

"“This is going to be a situation where we’re going to have three or four guys that are going to be getting after it and competing, and the best man is going to win,” Choate said during a conference call Wednesday. “The guy that’s most consistent — not just the best option that we have — but I think the best guy for our team and our system will end up being our quarterback.

but I think the best guy for our team and our system will end up being our quarterback.
:lol: :lol: I got a kick out of that comment

Me too. Classic off season CDA!

SACCAT66 said:
dupuyer griz said:
How the actual f***? College where you get to study what you want vs high school where you study what you get to. How did he graduate? All the extra help a kid could ask for and he can’t pull it off? If I were a cat fan I’d be pissed. I’m assuming he’s not studying organic chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinesiology is his major.
*was
The paper said today that he stared out in that—whatever the hell it is—but then switched to “general studies”—whatever the hell that is.
So he basically flunked out of the easiest degree available at cow college?

Wasn’t there another QB “who could not spell ‘cat’ if you spotted him the ‘c’ and the ‘a’”?
terry_bradshaw_quote.jpg

Catsrgrood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

Relax PR

Im pretty sure Humphreys was like the highest remaining JUCO QB left in the country when we got him...I could be remembering wrong.

He very well may have been, I don’t know. But he’s a JUCO transfer nonetheless. That’s all my point really was, JUCO and young guys. I just stated it poorly the first time.

I guess my point is that neither Sneed or Humphrey came up JUCO tho, like they both started at D1 programs, transferred to play a year.

PlayerRep said:

"“This is going to be a situation where we’re going to have three or four guys that are going to be getting after it and competing, and the best man is going to win,” Choate said during a conference call Wednesday. “The guy that’s most consistent — not just the best option that we have — but I think the best guy for our team and our system will end up being our quarterback.”

Just the fact that theyre considering Troy Anderson at QB tells me they have NO CLUE who the hell they have thats going to play QB for them over there.

That guy has NFL linebacker talent, and they cant decide on having him play LB RB or now QB???

Theyre going to ruin that guys career and opportunities to go to the next level if they keep messing with him like this.

I love the Griz, I hate the cats....but....get off Murray's back. Very few of you know what it takes to be a college athlete.

MTGRZ said:
I love the Griz, I hate the cats....but....get off Murray's back. Very few of you know what it takes to be a college athlete.

To be fair, it looks like Murray doesn’t either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

Relax PR

Apparently agree to disagree though. Somehow you have found a way to argue the fact that both teams are relying on JUCO guys and young guys to take over the QB position this year. That is a fact. I know Sneed played at UNLV, but where did he play last year? A JUCO, therefore he is a JUCO transfer, is he not?

He may be ahead of anyone on the Cats roster, you are really sticking to that argument, I’m not arguing it as it’s an obvious fact as well. He has more D1 experience than the Cats most experienced option, Jonsen.

No, I don't agree with you on anything, or virtually anything, you said, and certainly not your main points.

No, both teams are not relying on JC qb's. UM's qb also started 6 games in FBS. The Cats don't have a qb who even took a snap in FBS. UM has 2 JC's who started for their JC's for all or most of the season. MSU has a JC who didn't even start much/most of his season.

If you think having a qb who didn't even start for all/most of the games at a JC, is equal to having a qb who started 6 games in FBS, and started for his JC for a year, as well as another qb who started for his JC, then you have proved my point. You don't have a clue about football.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
Relax PR

No, I don't agree with you on anything, or virtually anything, you said, and certainly not your main points.

No, both teams are not relying on JC qb's. UM's qb also started 6 games in FBS. The Cats don't have a qb who even took a snap in FBS. UM has 2 JC's who started for their JC's for all or most of the season. MSU has a JC who didn't even start much/most of his season.

If you think having a qb who didn't even start for all/most of the games at a JC, is equal to having a qb who started 6 games in FBS, and started for his JC for a year, as well as another qb who started for his JC, then you have proved my point. You don't have a clue about football.

PR is right here. UNLV is crap, but it is FBS and he did start. I think there's no doubt that the Griz are better off now at QB than the Cats, just in experience. The difference is experience in the system and learning teammates now. He was here for Spring so he is miles ahead than if he was just here for fall camp. Both have game reps, even if some were JuCo, but no doubt in my mind Griz starter > Cat starter at this point. I can't say, no matter how bad Murray's passing was, that was the case prior to this news.
Another JUCO comment...there are a lot of reasons kids go to JUCO. No, I'd say neither is Aaron Rodgers, but after 1 year of JUCO he transferred to Cal and threw for more yards as a sophomore than he did as a junior, when he came out into the draft. These guys are football players and reps matter, no matter the level.

grizchamp said:
MTGRZ said:

To be fair, it looks like Murray doesn’t either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

he has the athlete part down just fine... :lol:

Quite honestly, I think the Griz were better off at QB when Murray was still in the picture. As I have said before, Murray did not beat the Griz. The Griz DC beat the Griz. Murray just happened to be taking snaps in both those games.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Quite honestly, I think the Griz were better off at QB when Murray was still in the picture. As I have said before, Murray did not beat the Griz. The Griz DC beat the Griz. Murray just happened to be taking snaps in both those games.

Yep. By the end of the season the new cats QB might be providing that pass threat they have been so obviously missing the past few years.

Thank you PR for clarifying that you don’t agree with me. I know sarcasm doesn’t come across well through text but I was most definitely being saracastic, you have made it abundantly clear you don’t agree with most things I say. Or with most things anyone else says for that matter.

Besides my initial post, which I admitted and owned wasn’t great and came out wrong, I have not claimed that the Griz and Cats QB’s are equal at this point. The Griz have more game day experience coming into this season at the QB position right now, that much is a fact, one that I’ve stated a few times and agree with you and others on. But you still seem to try and make it sound like I’m arguing against that.

Sneed is a JUCO transfer, no matter how many times you bring up that he was at UNLV first, it doesn’t change the fact that he was JUCO last year. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of JUCO guys were FBS first, didn’t work out and then are on their 3rd school in their 3rd or 4th year of college.

So... again...regardless of games started, where they were first, etc. Both teams are relying on a combination of JUCO transfers and young guys to compete at QB this year. A year removed from both teams thinking that the QB position was figured out for the next couple years.

I’m sure you’ll have some response about me still being wrong on these simple, undeniable facts, but this is my last post on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back