• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

*My Top 10 FCS Stadiums & Bottom 10 FCS Stadiums*

havgrizfan said:
The track. I believe much of the Washington state track and field championships are held there. Hammer, I think the setting is what makes Stadium so cool. Friday night lights with Puget Sound mere feet away. It's pretty awesome in person. Their football team just sucks really bad.

Ok. Yes I agree the setting is pretty cool. My sis lives in University Place and I visit her once or twice a year so next time I'm out there I'm going to check it out.

pussycatkillerz said:
74b8dd87bf7ac8b248cf5d790ed2a830.jpg

47cb8325888b05e671702db26afaa0a5.jpg

1def1e205b1befbeeb411168be80bdc1.jpg

be0c30ad1d6ee2111ef6f3c5eb10c37c.jpg

Georgetown has a gorgeous campus. Looks like freaking Hogwarts.
If they improved their stadium that would be a neat atmosphere.

I agree with your original premise about FCS stadiums but my only question would be "if you were lucky enough to get accepted to and attend Georgetown University" would you really care about how good their football stadium was? Just sayin....

Speaking of Georgetown, when I was stationed at aberdeen proving ground in the mid 80's we would head to DC on the weekends to blow off steam. There was a huge sports bar in Georgetown called Champions. The place was friggin awesome. Anybody know if it's still there?

Hammer said:
Speaking of Georgetown, when I was stationed at aberdeen proving ground in the mid 80's we would head to DC on the weekends to blow off steam. There was a huge sports bar in Georgetown called Champions. The place was friggin awesome. Anybody know if it's still there?
Yes. Expanded and good.

APG in the mid 80s? :shock: If you tell me you are a chem guy that actually explains a few things with you. :lol:

ABQCat said:
Hammer said:
Yes. Expanded and good.

APG in the mid 80s? :shock: If you tell me you are a chem guy that actually explains a few things with you. :lol:

No, MOS- 44E. Machinist. APG has nothing to do with my hatred of boz or moo u. I am working in boz building a Town Pump now and every minute spent there is a minute completely wasted in my life!

pussycatkillerz said:
I'll throw in my top 5 high school stadiums for fun:

#3 Stadium Bowl: Tacoma, Wash.
Capacity: 15,000
22e4eace1adb5f7ccaefd3fb38d33ce4.jpg

Previous Capacity: 32,000
a102bfba37f6c13fe98c501c6ab48a1f.jpg
Got to watch my son throw his first TD pass in the stadium bowl. Pretty unique stadium.

Hammer said:
ABQCat said:
Hammer said:
Yes. Expanded and good.

No, MOS- 44E. Machinist. APG has nothing to do with my hatred of boz or moo u. I am working in boz building a Town Pump now and every minute spent there is a minute completely wasted in my life!
Ah. The guy I know took a bit too much agent and he's pretty tweaked now. I was trying to connect some dots. :thumb:

Scott Disick said:
Who else saw this self-serving, douchefest of a post coming from a mile away? :thumb:

-Lord Disick

"Hi, my name is Scott Disick and I'm going to have my second account banned because I contribute ZERO to this forum." -Lord Disick

Hammer said:
ABQCat said:
Hammer said:
Yes. Expanded and good.

let me be the first to say you're welcome for giving you the opportunity to work and provide for your family. :thumb:

wbtfg said:
PSU may have the nicest stadium in the big sky.

Portland State's stadium has some major advantages, including being near campus and additonally being very nice externally (which are often not the case for urban schools). The problem is about half of the 20,000 seats are really bad for football because they face at an angle away from the field.

Another thing that Portland State has that is dreafully underused is the covered seats. In Europe, about 98% of all stadia are built covered and just open to the elements above the field. For whatever reason, American stadia have gone the opposite direction with very few being covered. In any cold and/or rainy environment, having that cover makes staying 3+ hours at a game a helluva lot more tolerable.

MrTitleist said:
Scott Disick said:
Who else saw this self-serving, douchefest of a post coming from a mile away? :thumb:

-Lord Disick

"Hi, my name is Scott Disick and I'm going to have my second account banned because I contribute ZERO to this forum." -Lord Disick

BOOM!

MrTitleist said:
Scott Disick said:

-Lord Disick

Total BS.........Disick is the only reason to read this place. He is spot on and honest.............but you gotta protect who pays the most

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MrTitleist said:
Scott Disick said:

-Lord Disick

forum-moderator-funny-pictures.jpg

Alpha is 100% correct as usual.

- Lord Disick

PlayerRep said:
NLGrizFan said:
This is a very cool thread!! Nicely done. I was expecting Sam Houston State in the bottom 10 somewhere tho lol

Have you been the Sam Houston stadium? I thought it was fine when I was there last year. I liked the grassy areas on the corners, where people could also sit.

No, I haven't. I had only seen some aerial shots of it. I guess I shouldn't cut on a place if I've never been there. The pics couldn't convince me to go unless our boys were there lol

Back