• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA changes coming

CDAGRIZ said:
I’m going to say something I’ll probably regret: I don’t mind Bozeman. It reminds me of every other major town in Montana. I’m sure the 6 months of snow sucks, but it’s not like the other towns in the state are the Riviera during that time. IDK, seems like a normal town to me, but it has a football program that I despise with every ounce of my being.

Same boat. But I have a rational view of the rivalry so the fact that I don't like the griz doesn't necessarily bleed into the town they play in. :lol:

Between not missing a Brawl in Missoula in almost 20 years, and having three kids play traveling sports over the years I have spent a good amount of time in Missoula. I've found lots of places and areas that I really enjoy. Love the area of the campus. Love the river going right through town. Found some great restaurants, bars etc. Never had any issue being there. There are shitty areas too just like in Bozeman. There are things I love about Bozeman and things I'm getting tired of as we grow. Seems like just about every smallish college town I have visited.

All moot as I'll likely be headed for warmer weather in the coming years and just coming back for football games. But the town smack talk is always funny to me. :?

Thankx CDA. I'm just old school. Your word is your bond and all that.
Guess I'm just a duck.
Quack, quack, quack!

CDAGRIZ said:
One more thing on this article: Maybe the author touched on it, maybe not. If a HS recruit gets offered a partial or PWO from School A and a full scholarship from School B, so he approaches School A and says he's going to School B unless he gets a full scholarship from School A, is that extortion or just what happens all the time?
It's called negotiation.

Grizzoola said:
CDAGRIZ said:
One more thing on this article: Maybe the author touched on it, maybe not. If a HS recruit gets offered a partial or PWO from School A and a full scholarship from School B, so he approaches School A and says he's going to School B unless he gets a full scholarship from School A, is that extortion or just what happens all the time?
It's called negotiation.

Seems that way to me, too, Deuce.

California is about to vote on a bill that would essentially make football and basketball players payed employees at state universities

https://footballscoop.com/news/new-details-california-bill-sb-1401-change-college-sports-forever?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverick

CDAGRIZ said:
mtgrizrule said:
Here's a bottle of your favorite alcohol, now go sit in the corner. Lol

I deserve this. I know which corner I’ll sit in, but I can’t say more. ;)

You best take two bottles because they put you in a granary...

Four generations of MSU graduates in my family and I received my bachelor's there and hate Bozeangeles and have for well over 60 years. Can't stand Bozo High School Chickens hit birds...

Sanfranzoola is a nice town now that the Champion Paper Mills are gone! Don't care for the politics in either location.

If I had my way, they'd doze both universities and put them in Butte as on decent sized school. Right up in Walkerville all around Pizzer's Palace. Nobody visits Montana and doesn't go there for a brew or few.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
If I had my way, they'd doze both universities and put them in Butte as on decent sized school. Right up in Walkerville all around Pizzer's Palace. Nobody visits Montana and doesn't go there for a brew or few.
Agree, but Billings. One ups on Boise St.

kemajic said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Agree, but Billings. One ups on Boise St.

Maybe Laurel. Billings has way too many problems. Or on the bench on the way to Fromberg just south of Laurel but no, I wouldn't put a university of any significance in Billings proper. Butte? Yes because the winters will keep the faint of heart out.

Latest posts

Back