• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU vs the Scats

How badly will the Scats get pummeled this week?

• 7 or fewer points

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 8-14

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • 15-28

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • 28-50

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • more than 50 points

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NorthwestFresh said:
reinell30 said:
The Bison haven't forgot about the Cat buy out 5 years ago either....

I'm fairly sure there is not a single player on the roster from back then, and the coach has changed too, but sure, I'm guessing that's a huge motivation for the players who likely would not give one sh*t about it.

Not sure if Klieman and Co. are using the buyout as any motivation, but the very first post on the Bisonville forum about the Montana State game is "What’s Montana states buy out to get out of playing the BISON next week?"

So expect a lot of shit from the crowd at least, should make for humorous signs if nothing else.

jodcon said:
NorthwestFresh said:
reinell30 said:

I'm fairly sure there is not a single player on the roster from back then, and the coach has changed too, but sure, I'm guessing that's a huge motivation for the players who likely would not give one sh*t about it.

Not sure if Klieman and Co. are using the buyout as any motivation, but the very first post on the Bisonville forum about the Montana State game is "What’s Montana states buy out to get out of playing the BISON next week?"

So expect a lot of shit from the crowd at least, should make for humorous signs if nothing else.

The signs will be ruthless. Also, the obligatory "last meeting between these teams" segment by the TV commentators will definitely have to address it.

What time does the game start?? When is the 80’s opening laser show over? Asking for an epileptic friend.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
I think they will be within 7 to 10 points at halftime and then the bison do what the bison have done all year...,demolish teams in the second half after some adjustments. Bison end up winning by 20

Their 2nd half stars this year are just crazy

They are hard to beleive....they have outscored opponents 189-72 in the second half of their 11 games. That’s often with a good lead and somewhat taking their foot off the gas, too. The most points they have given up in the second half are 14, and that only happened once.
Ya I was looking at their conference stats and they’re amazing too. Nearly every single statistical category on both offense and defense they’re ranked 1-3. Never seen anything like it.

This game will not be close. It will sadly show how far both Montana and state college of Bozeman have to go to field a team worth a dam

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
This game will not be close. It will sadly show how far both Montana and state college of Bozeman have to go to field a team worth a dam

I thought that’s what OUR playoff blowout loss to NDSU was supposed to do....

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

I thought that’s what OUR playoff blowout loss to NDSU was supposed to do....

Haven’t made much progress have we.

NorthwestFresh said:
HookedonGriz said:
NorthwestFresh said:
reinell30 said:

Coach Klieman was the Def Coord at that time and was around. My Fargo buddies belong to the Bison Team Makers (like a QB Club) and Klieman has not forgotten about that, and it’s been discussed behind closed doors. Karma was the main word being mentioned.

Did Klieman object when his own program bought out of a game? Also, did Klieman object when his own contract includes a buyout clause in case he can make more money at another opportunity? Just curious about how how deep his hypocrisy runs, if you are to be believed.
I fail to see any hypocrisy. Review the facts, at least as well as I can find them. NDSU and MSU sign a home and home contract which like all, has a buyout clause. MSU graciously accepts NDSU into Bozeman and reaps the benefit of their draw for a great crowd. Win 20-17, 9/24/2005. NDSU does not like to lose; looks forward to revenge in Fargo. Return game gets moved back due to other scheduling priorities for one of the teams. In the meantime, NDSU extracts some revenge by blowing out MSU 42-17 in Bozeman in the 2nd round of the 2010 playoffs. Return game finally set for 9/7/2013. Then, just prior to the game, MSU pulls out, pays the buyout fee in favor of an FBS money game with SMU. Not only reneging on the home and home, but doing so long after schedules were already complete. Leaving NDSU with a hole in its schedule that it had to scramble to fill and fill with an inferior opponent, DII Ferris St. And inadequate revenge for the loss in Bozeman. Why should they be happy campers? Bison are a lot like elephants; long memories. And vindictive bastards; look what they did to us in Fargo in the 2015 playoffs after we beat them in the opener in Missoula.

HookedonGriz said:
I think they will be within 7 to 10 points at halftime and then the bison do what the bison have done all year...,demolish teams in the second half after some adjustments. Bison end up winning by 20

Do you think NDSU covers the 28.5 spread? That is the real question this week. The Bizon deserve this game because of the Peter Fields/Rob Ash crap that happened 5 years ago. Time to wipe the slate clean.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Do you think NDSU covers the 28.5 spread? That is the real question this week. The Bizon deserve this game because of the Peter Fields/Rob Ash crap that happened 5 years ago. Time to wipe the slate clean.

No I think 28 is high for the style of football both teams play. Not sure the game clock would give them the time to get ahead by that much. I think they win by 20 max.

NDSU scores 41 points per game and allows 12 with the only competitive game being against South Dakota state who destroyed msu. Not to mention bull dozing cal poly. Unlike um NDSU won’t be gassed in the second half. NDSU is an entirely different animal and uses games like this as a warm up to get on to the business of national championship games. Believe me the results would be the same against um. Prediction..NDSU 42 msu 13. They are that “dominate”

Klieman will not run the score up on anyone. He will be satisfied with a win, by any score. The buyout, no impact.

4th and 5th RBs (Cofield and Wilson) are darn good. If there's some late scoring, it would be those guys showing their skills between the tackles.

bigsky33 said:
If the Griz had won the Brawl and got onto the playoffs, they would be facing the same fate. The line on the game probably would not be any different. I like the fact the Cats are playing them. It is a good measuring stick and will help this team going into next year. Lots of talk about the buyout but that was under another whole regime. Bobcat fans were not happy about that.

None of us forgot 2015, and this Bison team is even better, so no argument there.

kemajic said:
NorthwestFresh said:
HookedonGriz said:
NorthwestFresh said:

Coach Klieman was the Def Coord at that time and was around. My Fargo buddies belong to the Bison Team Makers (like a QB Club) and Klieman has not forgotten about that, and it’s been discussed behind closed doors. Karma was the main word being mentioned.

Did Klieman object when his own program bought out of a game? Also, did Klieman object when his own contract includes a buyout clause in case he can make more money at another opportunity? Just curious about how how deep his hypocrisy runs, if you are to be believed.
I fail to see any hypocrisy. Review the facts, at least as well as I can find them. NDSU and MSU sign a home and home contract which like all, has a buyout clause. MSU graciously accepts NDSU into Bozeman and reaps the benefit of their draw for a great crowd. Win 20-17, 9/24/2005. NDSU does not like to lose; looks forward to revenge in Fargo. Return game gets moved back due to other scheduling priorities for one of the teams. In the meantime, NDSU extracts some revenge by blowing out MSU 42-17 in Bozeman in the 2nd round of the 2010 playoffs. Return game finally set for 9/7/2013. Then, just prior to the game, MSU pulls out, pays the buyout fee in favor of an FBS money game with SMU. Not only reneging on the home and home, but doing so long after schedules were already complete. Leaving NDSU with a hole in its schedule that it had to scramble to fill and fill with an inferior opponent, DII Ferris St. And inadequate revenge for the loss in Bozeman. Why should they be happy campers? Bison are a lot like elephants; long memories. And vindictive bastards; look what they did to us in Fargo in the 2015 playoffs after we beat them in the opener in Missoula.
That 2013 Bison team is in the discussion of all-time greatest FCS team. The Cats would have been demolished! This 2018 iteration might be a 1/2 step down, but it still shouldn't be close.

bigsky33 said:
If the Griz had won the Brawl and got onto the playoffs, they would be facing the same fate. The line on the game probably would not be any different. I like the fact the Cats are playing them. It is a good measuring stick and will help this team going into next year. Lots of talk about the buyout but that was under another whole regime. Bobcat fans were not happy about that.
If the Griz won the Brawl, they would have likely been filtered through Eastern Washington, since the two teams didn't meet in 2018.

NDSU will likely dominate this game and could easily cover the spread. They were favored by about the same line in the Cal Poly game. I didn't think that with two running teams that they would cover that kind of point spread against Poly but they beat them by 40+. I could see that happening to the cats if they are not really ready to play these guys. We will see if the cats have shot their wad yet. I suspect they have.

Back