• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU vs the Scats

How badly will the Scats get pummeled this week?

• 7 or fewer points

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 8-14

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • 15-28

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • 28-50

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • more than 50 points

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
srgrizizen said:
Tacoma5 said:
Would you rather have your team sitting at home this weekend than being embarrassed on national TV with this type of shellacking?

Let's hope, Weber, EWU and Davis rep Big Sky and give us a shred of credibility after this.

I would absolutely prefer to take the shellacking rather than sit at home. I think It's doubtful the Griz could have defended any better than the Cats, but at least we have a QB and some receivers who would make a few plays.

This and we would have beat the Scats to get there. Priority 1 every year

Silenoz said:
Htowngriz said:
I miss when kitty fans used to make fun of us for losing in the playoffs while their team sat at home.

I don't want to get used to this, but it's not a bad consolation :lol:

Also, UM matching up against NDSU? You guys are insane. A "win likely"? I just can't even :lol:

Ya you take what you can get. All those years I wanted nothing more than to be in the playoffs but at least if you guys lost...I felt a bit better. ;)

But ya we both have a ways to go. Wanna get to the point where the conference goes through Montana. After that just want to make a good run. I’ll root against the griz, you root against the cats. But we gotta start taking this conference over.

At the end of the day some Griz fans and some Cat fans have become so much alike you can't discern a difference. Just otherworldly

bigsky33 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The fact that MSU got smacked so badly by NDSU highlights just how far UM has to go to be competitive with the top. The fact is that UM would have been steamrolled as well. I think we match up better with NDSU than MSU did, but I still think UM loses by 3 scores to that NDSU team, if not more. We need transfer help in a bad way if we want to compete next year at the highest level of FCS.

Yes, the value of this game for the Cats was a measuring stick. Yes, the Cats and Griz have a long way to go to get where the Bison are. I don’t think there is a team in the Big Sky that is near them. They are going to roll to their 7th championship. The young Cat team saw what it takes today. They coaches can work with that over the off season. The future is bright as the Cats only lose a few players. The OL and most of the defense is all back. They will have a real QB next year. Anderson will be at RB or LB or maybe both. Murray indicated he will be back. Probably at WR. Jonsen will be at WR too. RB looks good with Ifanse, Logan Jones and Anderson.

It's not even 2019 and the scats are already preseason champs. Congrats :lol:

behappp said:
bigsky33 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The fact that MSU got smacked so badly by NDSU highlights just how far UM has to go to be competitive with the top. The fact is that UM would have been steamrolled as well. I think we match up better with NDSU than MSU did, but I still think UM loses by 3 scores to that NDSU team, if not more. We need transfer help in a bad way if we want to compete next year at the highest level of FCS.

Yes, the value of this game for the Cats was a measuring stick. Yes, the Cats and Griz have a long way to go to get where the Bison are. I don’t think there is a team in the Big Sky that is near them. They are going to roll to their 7th championship. The young Cat team saw what it takes today. They coaches can work with that over the off season. The future is bright as the Cats only lose a few players. The OL and most of the defense is all back. They will have a real QB next year. Anderson will be at RB or LB or maybe both. Murray indicated he will be back. Probably at WR. Jonsen will be at WR too. RB looks good with Ifanse, Logan Jones and Anderson.

Are you not optimistic about the griz next season?

ilovethecats said:
behappp said:
bigsky33 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

No, I'm skeptical at this point. We'll see how recruiting goes.

behappp said:
ilovethecats said:
behappp said:
bigsky33 said:

Never said anything about winning the BSC next season. Just realistically optimistic about next season with all the returning players and few seniors graduating.

Bottom line is the Cats or Griz are no where near the NDSU program yet.

bigsky33 said:
behappp said:
ilovethecats said:
behappp said:

Never said anything about winning the BSC next season. Just realistically optimistic about next season with all the returning players and few seniors graduating.

Bottom line is the Cats or Griz are no where near the NDSU program yet.
You're definitely not wrong, but to be fair, I don't think another FCS team has been at their level (relative to the rest of college football) in 20-30 years.

ilovethecats said:
Silenoz said:
Htowngriz said:
I miss when kitty fans used to make fun of us for losing in the playoffs while their team sat at home.

I don't want to get used to this, but it's not a bad consolation :lol:

Also, UM matching up against NDSU? You guys are insane. A "win likely"? I just can't even :lol:

Ya you take what you can get. All those years I wanted nothing more than to be in the playoffs but at least if you guys lost...I felt a bit better. ;)

But ya we both have a ways to go. Wanna get to the point where the conference goes through Montana. After that just want to make a good run. I’ll root against the griz, you root against the cats. But we gotta start taking this conference over.

This guy get it :coffee:
FTC

behappp said:
ilovethecats said:
behappp said:
bigsky33 said:

I’m skeptical as well. At the skill positions um is on par or better than many in the playoff field this year. In the trenches UM would have been close to the worst if they had been in the playoff field. UM has to improve its offensive and defensive lines if it wants to go to the playoffs next year with the schedule that we have.

...the most interesting stat...
...the fact that there's no stat...
...north dakota 0 punts 0 yards...

... :shock: ...

zengriz said:

NDSU had 2 punts, and the Cats had 8. Are you lucking at punt return stats?

PlayerRep said:
zengriz said:

NDSU had 2 punts, and the Cats had 8. Are you lucking at punt return stats?

himself in the... mirror...

bigsky33 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

In the Griz/Cat game, MSU started 6 seniors of 22, UM started 3 seniors of 22.

Back