• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: Johnny Barthel- OL Bellevue WA

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
Jesus, is he 12?

Looks young. Check his hudl tape and you’ll like what you see, 12 or not :D

Not sure if it’s the design of the offense or what, but his highlight film is mostly him scraping off to the 2nd level and demolishing someone 60-70 pounds lighter than him....How’s he gonna do against a guy like EWU’s 310 lb NT? Or MSU’s 305 lb NT?
Well Yates (MSU) was a senior so we should be ok there. On the other hand, Tiuli (also a senior) does go to ewu where Ronny Hamlin somehow played 6 or 7 years, so Barthel May have his hands full.

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Big 2 Star O Lineman out of Bellevue. Had an offer from Air Force. Hearing lots of Recruits were in for the weekend and that is was a very good weekend. Could have more of these soon!

https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/1072274988458070016

Not to be a dick, but when you Google DOLA you're not going to see a picture of this cute little youngster LOL

Ok. I gotta give it to you, that was actually funny. On a serious note, the kid is 6’5” and 260. Give him two years, a few beers, lots of weights and plenty of chow. Germer must see something he likes. Welcome to the Griz Johnny. I look forward to you maturing and kicking some ass.

..cut me a break..we were all complaining about OL recruits and one comes and we say he looks to
young and scrawny..lol

grizghost said:
..cut me a break..we were all complaining about OL recruits and one comes and we say he looks to
young and scrawny..lol

Give me an athletic OL prospect with a mean streak who is still growing over a 300+ pound OL prospect with big arms and a beard who is done developing and can't move.

I see a very good developmental prospect. Glad he is a Griz.

One of the greatest days of his life and some of you morons act like this.... geez

Welcome Johnny, to UM.
Dont listen to the moronic few.

Spanky2 said:
260 lbs in high school isn’t scrawny.

Agree. Ironic in all of this is we also have an offer out to OL prospect Craig McFarland in AZ. Many feel we don’t have a shot at him since he has 7 FBS offers. Well guess what, he is a 2 Star 6’6 260lbs. Funny that 7 FBS teams would want someone so “small”.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
Jesus, is he 12?

Looks young. Check his hudl tape and you’ll like what you see, 12 or not :D

Not sure if it’s the design of the offense or what, but his highlight film is mostly him scraping off to the 2nd level and demolishing someone 60-70 pounds lighter than him....How’s he gonna do against a guy like EWU’s 310 lb NT? Or MSU’s 305 lb NT?

How often is a tackle blocking a NT, especially 1 v 1?

Paytonlives said:
One of the greatest days of his life and some of you morons act like this.... geez

Welcome Johnny, to UM.
Dont listen to the moronic few.

Agreed. Guarantee they wouldn't say it to his face though.

Great pick up for the Griz! Bellevue is one of the best high school programs in the country. Welcome to Griz nation Johnny! Glad to see some beef.

wtf is wrong with some of you morons. Not sure what you think a 17 yoa recruit is supposed to look like? Kid will be a beast in 2 years and we are lucky we got him first.

AZGrizFan said:
Kid looks like he’s in the 8th grade...

My thought exactly! Holy baby face Bat Man!!! Not that there is anything wrong with having a Baby face mind ya!

Back