• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: QB Kris Brown Bozeman, MT

sdk.catfish said:
let Jensen go under the guise he wasn't willing to compete.

They let Jensen go because he wanted to leave. Not sure I have ever seen any statement by Hauck that expanded on the circumstances around him leaving.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Fahque said:
We've got Wheeler Harris too

You're God damned right, we do! Wheeler Harris could be the answer. Just needs some time.

I heard back when he was in high school that Wheeler Harris once kicked a game winning 55 yard field goal with no time on the clock, not wearing a helmet and with a beer-in-hand.

Wha? Are you saying he doesn't need time?
I'd bet he likely made time with the prom queen at halftime that time.

That's zackly what I'm saying! He comes from the Kenny 'Snake' Stabler model at Bama and gets dropped off each day 5-minutes late for practice by a another new coed still reeking of 25 year old bourbon.

grizindabox said:
sdk.catfish said:

They let Jensen go because he wanted to leave. Not sure I have ever seen any statement by Hauck that expanded on the circumstances around him leaving.

And you would expect Hauck to say something else in a presser?

Pretty easy to play the negative game, isn't it?

sdk.catfish said:
Vim, do you believe Brown was recruited as a QB or an athlete? Partial or full scholarship? Maybe I'm the only one questioning but Griz recruiting seems a little disjointed to me. We have recruited 2 QB's in the last couple of years, Wilson out of Polson and Graves out of Eureka. Hauck brought in two FBS transfers, Sneed and Humphrey and let Jensen go under the guise he wasn't willing to compete. Personally I doubt whether Graves or Wilson ever see much time a t QB although they may have opportunities at other positions. I don't see the up-side for Montana kids to sign with UM as a QB but they still seem to do it so what do I know? I'm not one of those who are adamant that the Griz rebuild with home-grown talent yet a certain amount of it appears necessary to keep the native e-griz population in line. Your thoughts?

I think if the Montana coaching staff offers him a partial scholarship, they believe he has the chance to compete for the QB spot down the road. Now what you hope for as a fan is that time comes after two-three years of development. Kris has tools to build on at the QB position so why not offer him to come compete if you want to take a QB in every class like Bobby does?

A strength of Bobby's past rosters was home state talent not just as starters, but as very important depth at nearly every position. Here are the current Montana kids and what they can offer the program (in my opinion):

QB/Ath- Kris Brown 6’4” 215 (Bozeman HS) - Developmental QB who could legitimately compete for the position as a redshirt sophomore.

RB- Elias DeWaters 5' 10" 185 (Sentinel HS) - Versatile athlete than can provide competition at RB or WR down the road.

TE- Noah Ambuehl 6'3" 220 (Great Falls Catholic HS) - Has Greg Hardy-like potential coming out of high school.

DL- Garrison Poetzl 6'4" 240 (Billings Senior HS) - Has the potential to turn into an All-Conference level defensive lineman and multi-year starter.

LB- Ryan Tirrell 6’2” 195 (Loyola HS) - Might be the sleeper of the whole class as he can run, hit, tackle, and pursue better than nearly every defender in the state.

CB/WR- Trevin Gradney 6’0” 170 (Billings West HS) - Has the potential to turn into an All-Conference level defensive back and multi-year starter.

FS/WR- Ryder Meyer 5'9" 160 (Fairfield HS) - Versatile athlete than can provide competition at WR or S down the road.

Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
sdk.catfish said:

And you would expect Hauck to say something else in a presser?

Pretty easy to play the negative game, isn't it?

My point, if no coach has stated such, how does the OP know that the coaches let him go under the guise he wasn't willing to compete? I have heard things just like most everyone else, but in the end, they let him leave because he wanted to leave. Not sure I have seen anything that has hinted the coaches let him go because he didn't want to compete.

PlayerRep said:
My scouting report on him from Bozeman:

"He's good athlete. Not sure if he can play quarterback at FCS level. Maybe. Has decent size. Probably could play a different position. His brother plays for the Cats."

So your scout provides you with a bunch of non answers and maybes...and than follows it up with a comment about a family member????

Damnnnn you are PLUGGED IN

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

"He's good athlete. Not sure if he can play quarterback at FCS level. Maybe. Has decent size. Probably could play a different position. His brother plays for the Cats."

So your scout provides you with a bunch of non answers and maybes...and than follows it up with a comment about a family member????

I LOLed

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Awaiting PR's response like...
anxious-cookie-monster.gif

VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I guess I don't understand what is being said or asked? Could someone put in plain English for me.

Non answers? There were no questions asked.

Maybes? Yes, my friend, whose son played at Bozeman high very recently and who still attends games, is not sure this kid will be a qb at the FCS level. My friend and one of his sons played college football.

A comment about a family member? Yes, my friend said the kid's brother played for Cats. Vim doubted me. Hooked or someone confirmed that my friend was correct.

Who on the board has provided a better scouting report? Who was the first to report that the kid's brother played for the Cats? Who was the first to say the kid moved from CA?

Looks like pretty solid info to me.

VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

:lol: :thumb: well played Vim.

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I guess I don't understand what is being said or asked? Could someone put in plain English for me.

Maybes? Yes, my friend, whose son played at Bozeman high very recently and who still attends games, is not sure this kid will be a qb at the FCS level. My friend and one of his sons played college football.

A comment about a family member? Yes, my friend said the kid's brother played for Cats. Vim doubted me. Hooked or someone confirmed that my friend was correct.

Who on the board has provided a better scouting report? Who was the first to report that the kid's brother played for the Cats? Who was the first to say the kid moved from CA?

You reported from a MSU source: "Brother PLAYS for MSU." I simply commented back "what brother would that be?" You responded you didn't know because you didn't know who Kris was before yesterday when the commitment was announced. What I wanted you and your source to correct was that his brother PLAYED (past tense) for MSU as Kamden has not been part of the team for about a year. That's all.

VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

You reported from a MSU source: "Brother PLAYS for MSU." I simply commented back "what brother would that be?" You responded you didn't know because you didn't know who Kris was before yesterday when the commitment was announced. What I wanted you and your source to correct was that his brother PLAYED (past tense) for MSU as Kamden has not been part of the team for about a year. That's all.

Oh, BS. You doubted what I said. If you had known that, you would have just said that his brother played for UM in the past. Or, have you become a dick now too?

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:

Oh, BS. You doubted what I said. If you had known that, you would have just said that his brother played for UM in the past. Or, have you become a dick now too?

Should have just corrected your info in my original response instead of questioning it. My apologies. Didn't intend to come off as a prick.

Kris really improved from his junior to senior year, especially in the footwork department. It really helped his accuracy this year as he's always showed good velocity. Also has some nice touch passes on his film at different route depths. Good player.

VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

Should have just corrected your info in my original response instead of questioning it. My apologies. Didn't intend to come off as a prick.

Kris really improved from his junior to senior year, especially in the footwork department. It really helped his accuracy this year as he's always showed good velocity. Also has some nice touch passes on his film at different route depths. Good player.

Got it. All good. Thx.

P.S. My Hawk team had 2 players go to Washington State (both became starters), 1 to Alabama, some to MSU, and 1 to Dartmouth.

HookedonGriz said:
All you need to know.....love his quote on the stadium.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/from-california-to-bozeman-hawks-qb-kris-brown-fulfills-dream/article_a5a77a04-1546-5151-9336-69b3c52be5c3.html?utm_content=buffer8455b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

Despite living in Bozeman and having the family connection to Montana State, he said he never felt the lure to the Cats...

“When I moved here, my goal was to play for the Griz," Brown said. "To be honest with you, I think their stadium’s a lot cooler (than Montana State). I wanted to play for the Griz. I thought they had really good quarterbacks...
:clap: :lol:

sdk.catfish said:
I don't see the up-side for Montana kids to sign with UM as a QB
This guy probably thinks our 2 NC’s were won by QBs from Texas and that toilet paper should come off the roll down along the wall

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Just messing with you PR....I will give credit where credit is due tho, as of late you have been much more tolerable than recent years......becoming nicer with age?

Kris throws a wonderful deep ball as well.

https://twitter.com/GFTrib_SMansch/status/1053089104966156288

Bozeman beat up on Great Falls High last night but it featured two of the top QBs in the state in Brown and Blake Thelen.

VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

I agree that Brown really improved from Junior to Senior year, making him a legit FCS level athlete (wether it ends up being QB or TE). He's added muscle/strength, has good speed and can break tackles, and has developed his touch passes... both as evidenced last night on TDs in beating GFH to advance to the state semi-final.

Back