• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Roster Additions

garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
Walker here…beast mode

https://twitter.com/shaunrainey/status/1556743434433544192?s=21&t=__ohER5eqMdZWD3fn95vcw
i-could-watch-5ca233.jpg

Sexy Bill Gates approves.

Looks like starting OL goes:

Walker—Mayginnes—Forbes—Brown—Casey.

This is what a STUD offensive lineman looks like. Flat stomach and tree trunks for arms. And the reason why I said earlier to pencil this guy in, with ink, as a starter.

The rest of our lineman should take notice.

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:
And it shows too. He's decent in the run blocking but his pass blocking skills are miserable. He's got 3 weeks to fix that or Johnson will be running for his life. Sound familiar?

Which day(s) were you at practice? What drill(s) were the o-lineman doing? Full pads practices start tomorrow. Left tackle isn't an important position for pass protection anyway,

You're right left tackles aren't the highest paid and most coveted Linemen in the NFL...protecting the blind sides of million-dollar QBs and franchises.

55 hasn't played o-line for years, and we expect him to be the answer? That is just flat out nuts.

Alaska Griz said:
Copper Griz said:
Lorenzo Brown underachieved in his time at the U of M. Such a disappointment given his potential.

Potential based on what? He never played in college. Was a fairly average FCS recruit out of high school.

Fairly average FCS recruit? 😂

Named Southern Nevada lineman of the year in 2017 in highly competitive Las Vegas.

HookedonGriz said:
Some good and intriguing additions.

That Camden Ver Strate from Washington was a hell of an athlete and fast as hell. I could see him making some impact.

I love that we got Barnum’s kid too! I believe he was playing baseball at Wash St. Good football player who we had been recruiting before his baseball commitment.

And word on the street is that Walker from Nebraska is an absolute monster

I see Camden Ver Strate as an attempt at a Gabe Sulser replacement. Tiny and speedy (same track speed, as Sulser).

IntuitiveGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:
Potential based on what? He never played in college. Was a fairly average FCS recruit out of high school.

Fairly average FCS recruit? 😂

Named Southern Nevada lineman of the year in 2017 in highly competitive Las Vegas.

2 star, not particularly fast. Didn't get big enough to move inside. Who were his other offers out of high school? Not arguing, just curious what he did that makes him such a big potential loss?

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Which day(s) were you at practice? What drill(s) were the o-lineman doing? Full pads practices start tomorrow. Left tackle isn't an important position for pass protection anyway,

You're right left tackles aren't the highest paid and most coveted Linemen in the NFL...protecting the blind sides of million-dollar QBs and franchises.

55 hasn't played o-line for years, and we expect him to be the answer? That is just flat out nuts.
What is flat out nuts is a remote poster attacking a kid the first week of fall drills without even seeing him. A kid that can be very, very good.

But thanks for your service.

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

What is flat out nuts is a remote poster attacking a kid the first week of fall drills without even seeing him. A kid that can be very, very good.

You don't know what I have seen or not seen. Get back to me after a few games with a detailed report on his performance. That is, of course, assuming the guy who hasn't played a down of football on offense in years, is a starter - at left tackle of all places...

Look, I don't think there will be an attitude or effort problem with him. He will give everything he has. I hope he does well.

My problem is with the staff.. absolutely pathetic generation of lineman. NDSU, SDSU don't have to bring in former D linemen to play o-line. They just don't
DOLA. :roll:

SoldierGriz said:
kemajic said:

You don't know what I have seen or not seen. Get back to me after a few games with a detailed report on his performance. That is, of course, assuming the guy who hasn't played a down of football on offense in years, is a starter - at left tackle of all places...

Look, I don't think there will be an attitude or effort problem with him. He will give everything he has. I hope he does well.

My problem is with the staff.. absolutely pathetic generation of lineman. NDSU, SDSU don't have to bring in former D linemen to play o-line. They just don't

Lucky for us our staff, well at least our HC, is too concerned about a damn number on a jersey then making sure he gets the right product on the field. Second year in a row he gets a hard on for it. Thankfully his son is gone after this year so he can start worrying about the team rather then himself and his kid. Maybe we will get lucky and even get a dominant OL with DOLA. Hey, we can wish!

hubcap said:
SoldierGriz said:

Lucky for us our staff, well at least our HC, is too concerned about a damn number on a jersey then making sure he gets the right product on the field. Second year in a row he gets a hard on for it. Thankfully his son is gone after this year so he can start worrying about the team rather then himself and his kid. Maybe we will get lucky and even get a dominant OL with DOLA. Hey, we can wish!
BS. BH doesn't waste his time like you describe.

kemajic said:
hubcap said:

Dude you need to pay attention. I thought you knew what was going on with this team. You are clueless. Plug in your interweb connection and give it a shot.

hubcap said:
kemajic said:

Dude you need to pay attention. I thought you knew what was going on with this team. You are clueless. Plug in your interweb connection and give it a shot.
Someone is a sucker for fake news social media and its misinformation.

hubcap said:
kemajic said:

kemajic said:
hubcap said:

This is the definition of a Haucksucker. Carry on dude.

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

Can both statements be silly? Of course LT is important, right handed QB's blindside (heard they made a movie about it). That being said Soldier hasn't seen the guy, he might be mustard.

SaskGriz said:
kemajic said:

Can both statements be silly? Of course LT is important, right handed QB's blindside (heard they made a movie about it). That being said Soldier hasn't seen the guy, he might be mustard.

Interestingly, only 1 lefty qb in the NFL right now that I could find...Tua Tagovailoa. Could be more, but not many.

SoldierGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Interestingly, only 1 lefty qb in the NFL right now that I could find...Tua Tagovailoa. Could be more, but not many.

Being left handed is a mental disorder. A proper education would correct that.

Remember "The Longest Yard"(1974)?

Paul Crewe: Heard you played some football.
The Indian: Yeah.
Crew: Where?
The Indian: Oklahoma State.
Crewe: Oklahoma State U?
The Indian: Prison.

I don't care how long he's been 'out' or why, if he can play ball, PLAY ON! Fock Missoula Razing and that entire mindset! :finger:

Back