• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New TV Contract

bigsky33 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Scripps lists “local media operations” through 61 TV stations. I looked over their list and found many in or near the Big Sky footprint: Bakersfield (KERO, KZKC), Billings (KTVQ), Boise (KIVI), Butte/Bozeman (KXLF/KBZK), Colorado springs (KOAA), Denver (KMGH, KCDO, KZCO), Great Falls (KTGF, KRTV), Helena (KTVH, KXLH), Las Vegas (KTNV), Missoula (KPAX, KAJ), Phoenix (KASW, KNVX), Salt Lake City (KSTU), San Luis Obispo (KSBY), Twin Falls (KSAW).

Which ones, if any, will actually broadcast Big Sky games remains to be seen. Out of luck here in IF ... we don't get either Idaho station.
You can still see all games on espn+
True dat!

But, unlike some, we like to keep track of what else is going on in college football, even when the Griz are playing. We now have pretty good bandwidth, but using so much to stream a game is a problem. Do-able, but a pain.

Da Boyz Mom said:
I'm just glad that the Big Sky finally figured out how to retain the digital rights so that all games can be on ESPN+ without any blackouts.
Bingo! :thumb:

"Scripps is the second largest operator of ABC (which is owned by The Walt Disney Company) affiliates"

Probably explains why no blackout with ESPN+.

O/U on the average number of plays we miss per game when the camera is focused on the cameraman's feet. Setting the line at 13.5

Yukon said:
"Scripps is the second largest operator of ABC (which is owned by The Walt Disney Company) affiliates"

Probably explains why no blackout with ESPN+.
Yuh think?! :lol: Good find.

"Money talks, bulls**t walks."

EverettGriz said:
grizpsych said:
You'll never see a Griz game on Ion TV.

You'll never see a GRIZ game on TV, period. Because no one has ever heard of this network. The one and only chance this POS conference has to showcase itself is with the Brawl, and now absolutely no one who doesn't already care will ever see the game.
Interesting, I watch ION all of the time. In fact, it's popularity is on par with Entertainment TV (ETV). That is why you will never see a Griz game on it.

Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
I'm just glad that the Big Sky finally figured out how to retain the digital rights so that all games can be on ESPN+ without any blackouts.
Bingo! :thumb:

Hopefully this is how it works out. Then I won't feel so bad.

To be clear. Griz games will be on Scripp's locally owned stations and ESPN +. You will never see Griz games on their cable/satellite channels (e.g. Ion, etc).

grizpsych said:
To be clear. Griz games will be on Scripp's locally owned stations and ESPN +. You will never see Griz games on their cable/satellite channels (e.g. Ion, etc).

Correct. So again, no one who isn't already a fan will ever see a game. What a major coup for the bsc. This should be a recruiting and financial bonanza!! :roll:

I swear, if this damn conference had its way, we'd all be back to watching the sports scroll on the Headline News channel circa 1994, throwing the 4 pound remote at the television when they went to a commercial just as the GRIZ score was about to cycle through again after 28 minutes.

EverettGriz said:
rgrizfan said:

Right. And that's great. I love the +.

But where is the exposure for the conference? I can watch CAA and MAC games all day long on CBS Sports from Seattle. THAT'S how you build support for your conference, not by showing games on... what is it again, Scripps?

Scripps is the parent company of the Montana Television Network. MTN has over the air TV stations in every major city in Montana.

twentythreeOh4 said:
EverettGriz said:

But where is the exposure for the conference? I can watch CAA and MAC games all day long on CBS Sports from Seattle. THAT'S how you build support for your conference, not by showing games on... what is it again, Scripps?

Scripps is the parent company of the Montana Television Network. MTN has over the air TV stations in every major city in Montana.

That’s super duper. Where is the exposure in WA, CO, UT, AZ, and California, places we must recruit to be successful

EverettGriz said:
rgrizfan said:

Evidently CBSSN or FSN aren't interested. Not sure what the conference can do about that.

EverettGriz said:
grizpsych said:

Correct. So again, no one who isn't already a fan will ever see a game. What a major coup for the bsc. This should be a recruiting and financial bonanza!! :roll:

I swear, if this damn conference had its way, we'd all be back to watching the sports scroll on the Headline News channel circa 1994, throwing the 4 pound remote at the television when they went to a commercial just as the GRIZ score was about to cycle through again after 28 minutes.

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Hoops watcher said:
EverettGriz said:

Evidently CBSSN or FSN aren't interested. Not sure what the conference can do about that.

I wonder why....

EverettGriz said:
Hoops watcher said:

I wonder why....
Ok, so if they’re not interested then what do you want the conference to do about it? Outside of ESPN, FOX and CBS are pretty much the only other 2 options. I admire the Big Sky for at least trying and maybe if the Big Sky can continue to grow their viewership numbers on ESPN, then in the future maybe FOX and CBS will be interested.

EverettGriz said:
grizpsych said:

“This is Jerome Jurenovich…Headline Sports”

EverettGriz said:
grizpsych said:

Hate to tell you but no tv station really gave two Fs about these games. You think anyone tuned into root besides bigsky Fans? No it’s not like we were gonna get an espn deal or an abc deal, or a fox deal. Honestly being able to see games in lots of local networks plus espn+ is about as good as anyone could have expected

mtgrizfankb said:
EverettGriz said:

Hate to tell you but no tv station really gave two Fs about these games. You think anyone tuned into root besides bigsky Fans? No it’s not like we were gonna get an espn deal or an abc deal, or a fox deal. Honestly being able to see games in lots of local networks plus espn+ is about as good as anyone could have expected

Yes, people did turn into bsc games other than bsc fans. Certainly here in the PNW they did, and those games were widely promoted on Root during things EVERYONE watched (Mariner games, P12 games, etc). So even if they didn't watch them all, recruits were aware that those games were televised.

The highlighted portion is the problem, not the solution.

EverettGriz said:
twentythreeOh4 said:

That’s super duper. Where is the exposure in WA, CO, UT, AZ, and California, places we must recruit to be successful

ESPN+

Why would a major network want to contract to carry Big Sky Conference games? Gentlemen, you are truly delusional to think the general population would have any interest.

Back