• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Up: Sac State

GrizLA said:
mtgrizrule said:
What's happening to Bannan? He's forcing things and not even looking for teammates. The lack of ball movement looks like it did in November. We're also getting out rebounded badly. Travis has to be disappointed. No continuity on either end of the court.
Travis might be the problem but this team is not even average. They don't play like a team should at this level. They get worse every week and it has been the pattern for the past 3 years. spiraling down...

I remember when EWU lost their coach and several players to the portal a couple years ago and we were just CERTAIN they were going to struggle. Yet here they are 9-0 halfway through this season.

It IS possible.

Travis Decuire doing his absolute level best to take the head off of Griz football’s mediocre season.

What a shit show.

Having a bunch of scholarship openings you could use to improve your squad through the portal and wasting them on guys who don’t sniff the floor for almost any other D-1 in the country is how this happens. 2/4 of the transfers belong and both came from the D1 level. Not a coincidence. Oke is nothing even close to a D1 guy

Looking more like this team could be as bad as the Par Kennedy years. Just like football this team needs a total redesign of their philosophy. DeCuire teams slide more every year.

Worse performance of the year, by far. Very little team play and cohesiveness. DeCuire sending a message to Bannan and Whitney. They've sat most the 2nd half. Very discouraging game.

On the bright side, officials were great. Lol

Time to clean house. I don’t know when Travis’s contract expires but this is one of the worst performances by a Griz team in many years. As pointed out 7 field goals in the 2nd half against one of the worst teams in the league is totally bull shit.
Can hardly wait to see Cameron Parker for the Vikings ripe us a new one on Saturday night.
On the other hand the ladies came back from 14/16 down to start the 4th quarter and pulled out a 4 point win against the number one team in the BSC.

Time to clean house. I don’t know when Travis’s contract expires but this is one of the worst performances by a Griz team in many years. As pointed out 7 field goals in the 2nd half against one of the worst teams in the league is totally bull shit.
Can hardly wait to see Cameron Parker for the Vikings ripe us a new one on Saturday night.
On the other hand the ladies came back from 14/16 down to start the 4th quarter and pulled out a 4 point win against the number one team in the BSC.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
Travis might be the problem but this team is not even average. They don't play like a team should at this level. They get worse every week and it has been the pattern for the past 3 years. spiraling down...

I remember when EWU lost their coach and several players to the portal a couple years ago and we were just CERTAIN they were going to struggle. Yet here they are 9-0 halfway through this season.

It IS possible.

Yes it is, but only if a coach finds some success in the transfer portal.

After you guys made your first 4 field goal attempts in the second half, you go 3-17 the rest of the game....Pretty much sealed the deal....

I looked up Travis’s contract which was renewed in 2022. His new contract runs through June of 2025. In order to terminate his contract according to the information provided he would be paid the lesser of $250,000 or his base of $185,000 plus bonus. Bonus’s are calculated on several factors that are too numerous to get into here. If I’m reading the contract correctly his renewal date was October of 2022. Breaking down his salary at $185,000 on a monthly basis that works out to $15,400monthly. If the U were to terminate his contract at say March 30, after the conference championships then he would have 27 months remaining at $15,400. By my calculations the university at minimum would have to pay him $416,000 plus any bonus money he would earned for this year. So not only have to pay him around $500,000 but then they’d also have to pay a new coach probably around $300,000 just to get an up and coming coach.
I guess we’d better hope Travis gets his shit together or we’re in for a long dry spell. Personally I hope he can do it but my faith is rapidly diminishing.
My disclaimer on the above scenario is based on what I’ve been able to interpret from the contract.

This was absolutely pathetic. Nobody on the team tried tonight including the coaches. Haslam needs to have a serious conversation with Decuire this off-season because this is just flat unacceptable! This is 3 years in a row now. This is the proudest program in the conference from a history/tradition standpoint and it’s all coming crashing down.

Like many of us were in the early Decuire years, I was his biggest supporter. I prayed that he wouldn’t get lured away for a bigger job. Now I’m to the point where I think it is time for a change. I’m literally sitting here wondering if there is a way that Decuire will quit so we don’t have to whip out the wallet for his buyout, but I don’t think that will happen.

How did we get off the rails this bad???? We had it absolutely rolling. We were one of the best mid majors in the country. Haslam has big questions to answer this summer cause we can’t afford 2 more years of this!

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
Agree, but he builds that roster.

My point, I don't think he has lost them, he just built a bad team.

Still playing hard, just not playing smart. It is at best a mediocre team, on the road doubtless a bad team. Fortunately I forgot it was Thursday, glad I did when I noticed the box on ESPN. Not good when Cheyney state can get superior talent.

Back