• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NIL collective

indian-outlaw said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
I will say that I'm not a Saban fan. I think he brings up some good points. The U should take their time to see how something like this plays out.
https://youtu.be/0oxZKXBvbOI

https://youtu.be/IGchKmG_-ow

https://youtu.be/pih41n0LiyE

https://youtu.be/aEhJqTKKfTI
Screw Nick Saban and the NCAA. We are not here because the poor NCAA couldn't get protection from litigation. We are here because they have been skimming way too much money from the backs of the athletes. Maybe it's time we don't let coaches bail on their team when money gets dangled in front of them.

This has to be the assessment and comment I have heard in years! All the damn years I taught and coached in Georgia watching kids destroy their future health and well-being just so some fucking lard ass could put another trophy with their name on it as the "coach" reminds me of the coaches in Big Fork and West Yellowstone taking credit for the accomplishments of a family of runners...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
indian-outlaw said:
Screw Nick Saban and the NCAA. We are not here because the poor NCAA couldn't get protection from litigation. We are here because they have been skimming way too much money from the backs of the athletes. Maybe it's time we don't let coaches bail on their team when money gets dangled in front of them.

This has to be the assessment and comment I have heard in years! All the damn years I taught and coached in Georgia watching kids destroy their future health and well-being just so some f###[#] lard ass could put another trophy with their name on it as the "coach" reminds me of the coaches in Big Fork and West Yellowstone taking credit for the accomplishments of a family of runners...

*best assessment

As it turns out Montana already has an NIL collective, and has since April.

https://herosports.com/fcs-montana-state-football-nil-collective-bzbz/

The article states that, “An NIL collective was started for Montana in April with limited public knowledge or online information. A source at the university confirmed the third-party collective. It is run by IVOVI Sports and has been doing fundraising stops throughout the summer.” This was verified by Sam Herder.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

The article states that, “An NIL collective was started for Montana in April with limited public knowledge or online information. A source at the university confirmed the third-party collective. It is run by IVOVI Sports and has been doing fundraising stops throughout the summer.” This was verified by Sam Herder.

WTF is IVOVI?

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

WTF is IVOVI?

I have no idea. Prior to tonight I’d never heard of them. But it’s great to know that our donors and athletics supporters were on top of this and that we once again beat little brother to the punch! I do however wish their had been more publicity about it, and that could be used as another recruiting tool.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

That seems about right.

CDAGRIZ said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

That seems about right.

:lol: I know right! Just once could the university capitalize on this shit for some positive publicity! Or hell, maybe some of us would like to contribute in some way. Hell even if it’s just $100 bucks a month or something we could all contribute a bit to the collective and influence recruiting outcomes.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
WTF is IVOVI?

I have no idea. Prior to tonight I’d never heard of them. But it’s great to know that our donors and athletics supporters were on top of this and that we once again beat little brother to the punch! I do however wish their had been more publicity about it, and that could be used as another recruiting tool.

If a tree falls in the forest….

What good does it do to start an NIL collective FOUR months ago and not fucking tell anybody? I swear, the U could fuck up a wet dream.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

What good does it do to start an NIL collective FOUR months ago and not f###[#] tell anybody? I swear, the U could [#]f### up a wet dream.

I know. They need to set it up to where the average fan can contribute. Like monthly contribution plans starting at just $25 dollars or something. Seems negligible but if we were to get 10,000 fans to pay just $25 a month that would be $3,000,000 per year! Imagine that money spread out over the football team. That’s enough to give a sizable amount to each player per semester!

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

What good does it do to start an NIL collective FOUR months ago and not fucking tell anybody? I swear, the U could fuck up a wet dream.

With limited public knowledge or online information, I’m really hoping for my venture to take off. I just need some funding. Any ideas?

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

WTF is IVOVI?

Looks to me like 406

grizfnz said:
AZGrizFan said:
WTF is IVOVI?

Looks to me like 406

:thumb: Sure is. Missed the Roman numerals. Good catch. But as an organization? Never heard of them, and it’s weird that something wasn’t announced. Doesn’t seem like an effective way to launch an NIL collective to me. Nobody on this board had even heard we have one and usually there are those on this board in the know about such things.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

With limited public knowledge or online information, I’m really hoping for my venture to take off. I just need some funding. Any ideas?

Maybe get the word out to the public. Through online sources. Just a thought.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

What good does it do to start an NIL collective FOUR months ago and not f###[#] tell anybody? I swear, the U could [#]f### up a wet dream.

Keep it a secret and just have faith that the money will start pouring in. I’m sure that business strategy has worked in the past, right?

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Keep it a secret and just have faith that the money will start pouring in. I’m sure that business strategy has worked in the past, right?

60% of the time, it works every time.

Da Boyz Mom said:
The.Real.2506 said:
FYI any NIL collective has to be disassociated from coaches and staff, also they are not allowed to be involved with or contact recruits. But like you said, I am sure Bobby would take advantage of it because he doesn't think the NCAA rules apply to him :thumb:

Right because none of the big boy coaches are using NIL for a recruiting advantage. Get real. But enjoy your trolling.

I think you miss the point, just because the NCAA will look the other way when the top of the P5 is doing it, doenst mean they will look the other way when an FCS team does it. Havent you guys been through this before, like 10 years ago, I think you got penalized for giving players hot dogs or something. No way the NCAA would ever penalize Alabama or Ohio State for something like that.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
WTF is IVOVI?

If they’re running this as if it’s a capital campaign, we’re (they’re) in the quiet phase, putting together major gifts before rolling out the public phase of it. As much as 3/4 of a capital campaign goal is achieved before public outreach begins. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here, just a hunch.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

WTF is IVOVI?

Latest posts

Back