• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NIL collective

The.Real.2506 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
He doesn't like the current state of the transfer portal either and yet he has figured out how to use it to his advantage. Things change in college athletics and coaches have to change with the times, like it or not. The NIL deal is another one of those changes. I doubt Bobby will ever be happy about it, but if boosters or whomever get something going in regard to a collective and it benefits his recruiting ability, I can't see him not taking advantage of it.

FYI any NIL collective has to be disassociated from coaches and staff, also they are not allowed to be involved with or contact recruits. But like you said, I am sure Bobby would take advantage of it because he doesn't think the NCAA rules apply to him :thumb:

People bitching about Bobby, and how he runs the program, and how Bobby complains about the landscape of college football, while watching Bobby lead the team on deep playoff runs year in and year out.....

Tale as old as time.

tgreseth said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I have no idea. Prior to tonight I’d never heard of them. But it’s great to know that our donors and athletics supporters were on top of this and that we once again beat little brother to the punch! I do however wish their had been more publicity about it, and that could be used as another recruiting tool.

If they’re running this as if it’s a capital campaign, we’re (they’re) in the quiet phase, putting together major gifts before rolling out the public phase of it. As much as 3/4 of a capital campaign goal is achieved before public outreach begins. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here, just a hunch.

I mean, its the same reaction most of this fanbase always has. Finds out some school is doing something,...respond with outrage "Why arent WE doing this also"....finds out we're already months, if not years ahead of most of the nation....celebrate when new practice bubble, or locker rooms, or training facility opens....gets pissed again 3 years later when rivals open same facilities we already built.....rage about it on egriz.

Its the same every year, and every year we find out the people running this program have actually been doing a better job then most.

The.Real.2506 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Right because none of the big boy coaches are using NIL for a recruiting advantage. Get real. But enjoy your trolling.

I think you miss the point, just because the NCAA will look the other way when the top of the P5 is doing it, doenst mean they will look the other way when an FCS team does it. Havent you guys been through this before, like 10 years ago, I think you got penalized for giving players hot dogs or something. No way the NCAA would ever penalize Alabama or Ohio State for something like that.

The NCAA has already lost control of NIL. This genie ain't going back into the bottle.

The.Real.2506 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Right because none of the big boy coaches are using NIL for a recruiting advantage. Get real. But enjoy your trolling.

I think you miss the point, just because the NCAA will look the other way when the top of the P5 is doing it, doenst mean they will look the other way when an FCS team does it. Havent you guys been through this before, like 10 years ago, I think you got penalized for giving players hot dogs or something. No way the NCAA would ever penalize Alabama or Ohio State for something like that.

That's the point you're trying to make now, but that wasn't the point you were trying to make originally.

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Do you seriously say area code four hundred and six?😂

"Yes, you can reach me at four hundred six, 693-2272."
Wouldn't this Cat troll say "Yes, you can reach me at four hundred six, six million, nine hundred and thirty two thousand, two hundred and seventy two.

SaskGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Wouldn't this Cat troll say "Yes, you can reach me at four hundred six, six million, nine hundred and thirty two thousand, two hundred and seventy two.

Probably, I just used the number for Warm Springs Correctional that I saw online.

Da Boyz Mom said:
The.Real.2506 said:

The NCAA has already lost control of NIL. This genie ain't going back into the bottle.
The NAA has lost control of FBS football. Period.

Here's hoping Morris is correct. The FBS needs to get completely away from the NCAA and podunk football, basketball and Olympic sports. I'd go so far as to say they need to separate the Power 5 schools from the mid-majors also.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34452911/notre-dame-mario-morris-named-ncaa-senior-vp-administration-cfo

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Do you seriously say area code four hundred and six?😂

four hundred and six = 400.06

You can say it however you want but we all know that 4 O 6 means four zero six which numerically is four hundered six or 406 not 4O6. O on the keypad is 6 so if you dial that you will be dialing 466 not 406.

You people are going downhill over here :thumb:

The.Real.2506 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You can say it however you want but we all know that 4 O 6 means four zero six which numerically is four hundered six or 406 not 4O6. O on the keypad is 6 so if you dial that you will be dialing 466 not 406.

You people over there couldn't.

The.Real.2506 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

This is really bad, Two Thousand Five Hundred Six.

The.Real.2506 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Grasping at straws now. When I tell people my number I say four zero six. Kind of a pet peeve of mine when people say o for zero but not enough to correct anybody. I do say 4 o 6 though when talking about montana. Nobody pronounces it four hundred and six though so when you’re talking Roman numerals, you’re gonna write it IV O VI, not CDVI. Just admit that you googled Roman numerals for 406 and that’s what the internet told you so you thought you were being smarter then everyone when you really weren’t.

Latest posts

Back