• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No one knows where people are getting infected

Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:
I’m fighting it as we speak. Haven’t been as lucky as most, it’s been kicking my ass. Feels like I let a North Dakota fan step on my chest. Even talking is enough to give me a coughing attack. Breathing is strained. Oxygen levels as low as 90.

Fascinating to me how it effects everyone so differently.
Cats, good fortune for a complete recovery!
Appreciate it! Just gonna try to enjoy a week of doing nothing. Obviously many people are in much worse situations than myself. I’ll be fine.

Though I’ve only been quarantining for about 6 days now and I’m already very, VERY bored. Ready to get back up and at em!

AZGrizFan said:
You look at the world and US graphs for new cases and it's obvious that we have no f###[#] clue how to curb the growth/spread of this virus. All our hand wringing (and washing), masks, social distance and economic destruction barely put a f###[#] DENT in the growth rate of this virus. At the end of the day, "virus gonna virus" until it's all burned out.

And yet we continue to make the same, stupid mistakes that were being made in April, May & June, shutting down, locking up, etc., etc. It's like the definition of stupidity.

I agree! Let’s all just sit back and watch as it kills hundreds of thousands and just think to ourselves. “MEH, Nothing we could do, or even TRY to do anyways”. No longer confuses me how a man who had a health care plan “2 weeks away” for 4 years was elected president. Holy shit the levels of pure ignorance.

ilovethecats said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Anyone on here had the covid? I did. Worst freaking cold I ever had in my life.

I’m fighting it as we speak. Haven’t been as lucky as most, it’s been kicking my ass. Feels like I let a North Dakota fan step on my chest. Even talking is enough to give me a coughing attack. Breathing is strained. Oxygen levels as low as 90.

Seriously? Care to retract some of your earlier posts now? I've lost many former colleagues and friends.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
ilovethecats said:

Seriously? Care to retract some of your earlier posts now? I've lost many former colleagues and friends.
Not at all. What would you like me to retract? I never said the virus isn’t real. I never claimed I wouldn’t get it. Lol.

Sorry you’ve lost so many friends. That’s seems to be very unlucky.

alabamagrizzly said:

Wife and I both tested positive today. I work in the medical field and my circle kept getting smaller until here we are. Symptoms change throughout the day. At times it feels like a mild sinus infection. At night, I can't talk without coughing. Oxygen levels still good, but I to shut down my practice for the time being. The headache is what is neverending right now.

With the great vaccines coming, thing will be better in the spring and the summer, is what I've read. Fauci.

Just need to get from here to there.

first11 said:
SoldierGriz said:
Only 15 more days to bend the curve again....and....again....and....

Shut er down. Accept your paltry check from your government.

What, me worry? It’ll all go away......

Like magic

People struggling to pay rent, mortgages, grocery bills based on orders from governors are the folks I feel badly for.

Not being allowed to work to provide for their family...i just can't get my head around this concept.

SoldierGriz said:
first11 said:
What, me worry? It’ll all go away......

Like magic

People struggling to pay rent, mortgages, grocery bills based on orders from governors are the folks I feel badly for.

Not being allowed to work to provide for their family...i just can't get my head around this concept.
Higher and higher taxes is to solve all the problems.

PlayerRep said:
With the great vaccines coming, thing will be better in the spring and the summer, is what I've read. Fauci.

Just need to get from here to there.
A new governor with a different perspective can't hurt, either.

ilovethecats said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Sorry to hear that, ILTC. Don't fuck with it. If you can't breath, get your ass to the hospital STAT. I know people who were like you, miserable but okay, and then dead less than 10 hours later. Prayers for a full recovery.

grizatwork said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Wife and I both tested positive today. I work in the medical field and my circle kept getting smaller until here we are. Symptoms change throughout the day. At times it feels like a mild sinus infection. At night, I can't talk without coughing. Oxygen levels still good, but I to shut down my practice for the time being. The headache is what is neverending right now.

Stay well, GAW. It's bad shit.

UMFan12 said:
AZGrizFan said:
You look at the world and US graphs for new cases and it's obvious that we have no f###[#] clue how to curb the growth/spread of this virus. All our hand wringing (and washing), masks, social distance and economic destruction barely put a f###[#] DENT in the growth rate of this virus. At the end of the day, "virus gonna virus" until it's all burned out.

And yet we continue to make the same, stupid mistakes that were being made in April, May & June, shutting down, locking up, etc., etc. It's like the definition of stupidity.

I agree! Let’s all just sit back and watch as it kills hundreds of thousands and just think to ourselves. “MEH, Nothing we could do, or even TRY to do anyways”. No longer confuses me how a man who had a health care plan “2 weeks away” for 4 years was elected president. Holy shit the levels of pure ignorance.
The man who was just elected president may be the biggest crook in the history of our republic and is on the take with the Chinese and others.

My uncle in Missoula was just diagnosed with Covid. He has been in the hospital there for the past 3 weeks after having hip surgery.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
"As Covid-19 Surges, the Big Unknown Is Where People Are Getting Infected

The U.S. and Europe struggle to identify where coronavirus infections are occurring, making it hard to impose targeted restrictions"

"Western nations face a big challenge in fighting the Covid-19 pandemic: Ten months into the health crisis, they still know little about where people are catching the virus.

The problem is becoming more acute as new cases are breaking records in the U.S. and Europe and pressure grows on authorities to impose targeted restrictions on places that are spreading the virus, rather than broad confinement measures that are wreaking havoc on the economy.

In Germany, authorities say they don’t know where 75% of people who currently test positive for the coronavirus got it. In Austria, the figure stands at 77%. In Spain, the health ministry said that it was able to identify the origin of only 7% of infections registered in the last week of October. In France and Italy, only some 20% of new cases have been linked to people who previously tested positive.

Jay Varma, senior adviser for public health in the New York City mayor’s office, said 10% of the city’s infections are due to travel, 5% from gatherings, and another 5% from institutional settings such as nursing homes.

“The vast majority of the remainder—somewhere probably around 50% or more—we don’t have a way to directly attribute their source of infection,” Mr. Varma said. “And that’s a concern.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-covid-19-surges-the-big-unknown-is-where-people-are-getting-infected-11605474874?mod=hp_lead_pos7

All Biden's "science experts" don't know? I thought President Wear a Mask and his crew would have some answers by now.

They don't know because contract tracing has been underfunded and ignored by Republicans who apparently want to kill Americans, and now those contract tracers are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of cases. It is completely out of hand. And your sarcastically dumb reply contains the biggest answer - President "WEAR A MASK!"

Dumbasses like yourself and PlayerRep are the reason we don't have fall football right now.

If we step back from political rhetoric and look at it objectively, you would see that you can have an economy and public safety. We fell behind on testing and tracing and when we had the opportunity to catch up with the initial lock down, we didn't take advantage. Instead of a strong central response, our states were left to compete against each other. It is multi pronged approach. Masks, distancing and hygiene are what we all can do as individuals. It is not much of a sacrifice compared to what our parents and grandparents dealt with with the great depression and WWII. The other parts we need are rapid tests and aggressive contact tracing to isolate breakouts. Unfortunately, both sides politicized it early and we are in a bad place. The vaccine will not be of any benefit unless enough people take part. The scientific method works and has stood the test of time. It is what should lead our decisions. We should invest our money in implementing the testing and tracing instead of throwing money at people.

When the shutdowns first started, our governor initially ordered everyone over 65 to stay at home. That only lasted for a few hours until enough people cried ageism and he changed it to everyone. We've gone back and forth a few times, moved the restriction metric goalposts a few times, and I know there are issues with restrictions based on age, etc. But I wonder what would be different now if that initial order was upheld and still in place.

ilovethecats said:
I think we know right? It’s gotta be just bars and restaurants right? Not during the day of course. But after 10pm is where the virus REALLY spreads....

I mean being asshole to asshole tight in bars doesnt help. Go anywhere in North or South Dakota right now and thats what you see, and surprisingly theyre about the worst place in the country right now.

grizatwork said:
If we step back from political rhetoric and look at it objectively, you would see that you can have an economy and public safety. We fell behind on testing and tracing and when we had the opportunity to catch up with the initial lock down, we didn't take advantage. Instead of a strong central response, our states were left to compete against each other. It is multi pronged approach. Masks, distancing and hygiene are what we all can do as individuals. It is not much of a sacrifice compared to what our parents and grandparents dealt with with the great depression and WWII. The other parts we need are rapid tests and aggressive contact tracing to isolate breakouts. Unfortunately, both sides politicized it early and we are in a bad place. The vaccine will not be of any benefit unless enough people take part. The scientific method works and has stood the test of time. It is what should lead our decisions. We should invest our money in implementing the testing and tracing instead of throwing money at people.

This post is a home run.

Back